closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PlayStation VR

Master

PlayStation VR

Thinking of getting one of these with a camera for the PS4. My son will love it no doubt, and I'm sure I'll get some use out of it.

But how does it fair if one wears reading glasses? Will it just be blurred?

I got a Rift this week. It's taking some getting used to. There aren't many PSVR titles at the moment, they've stalled since the initial release. Check on the head size limits of PSVR. The Rift says it isn't suitable for children because of the small size of their heads.

Master
    Thanks chap. Feel I might have to thoroughly try before buying; I didn't realise the limitations. 👍🏼

I have one and it's bloody awesome. I'm an old-ish sod and after my son left home his PS4 sat there gathering dust as I'm too useless and ham fisted to use the controllers with any degree of skill. This is completely different and using the aim or move controllers gives it whole new life for me.
    It fits both my large head and my sons small (for an 18 year-old anyway) head just fine. No idea what it's like with glasses but I've heard it's not a problem.

Decent games are now beginning to appear fairly regularly after a slow start. Farpoint, Superhot and Rush of Blood are my current favourites plus there are some major titles such as Skyrim and Fallout coming soon.

Master
    I've been looking at Skyrim for VR - I love the normal version so the VR version must be incredible.

Seems like an interesting package anyway, quite like the thought of the game where one flies a bird over Paris.

Journeyman
    They headsets have a focus adjustment, which should compensate for glass wearers.

My brother has a PC driven one which was awesome (no hyperbole!). Some users might experience a little motion dizziness to start off with but it's so bloody immersive, it's worth sticking with. The PC ones are higher spec than console, you honestly feel like you can reach out and touch stuff in some cases.
    In 10 years, once the kit becomes a bit less cumbersome, I don't think people will leave the house!

I sold mine as it gave me awful motion sickness, particularly on Resident Evil (which by the way is the most frightening experience you can have if playing through VR).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As it happens I played it with my partners son who is 12 only yesturday. He has had no problems with head size. His dad wears glasses from time to time and has no problems with it. Like it has been mentioned it is damn amazing but does give you a feeling in your stomach that you are on a rollercoaster.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I sold mine as it gave me awful motion sickness, particularly on Resident Evil (which by the way is the most frightening experience you can have if playing through VR).
    OP, this is the main reason why you need to try one before you buy. I can play for ages without any affect. My wife was close to throwing up after 5 minutes.

Master
    Thanks chaps.

I've never suffered from any form of motion sickness, vertigo, or anything of the like ever, even when on a ship, so I don't think I'll have a problem. I don't wear glasses often, only for reading the iPhone in the evening; just wanted to check if the screens in the headset were incredibly close to the eyes, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'll go for the full kit with everything as a package (Amazon sell a bundle) and grab a few games at the same time. I'm sure I can get it fitted on my son's bonce. 

If you buy Farpoint (and you really should) ensure you get the bundle with the aim controller.

Master
    Cheers!

I'll probably just buy every single option so that I have everything required. :0)

Holy moley. I bought a PSVR recently and, OMG, it takes gaming to another level. Total immersion.

Res Evil and Dirt Rally are highly, highly recommended.

I bought a Vive in November after being excited by the VR hype train. Sadly I couldn't get past the resolution of the screens, so I sold it and will wait for vr 2.0. If you're less picky than then you'll be blown away by the immersion, it's incredible.

Who likes Counter-Strike? Well now it's in VR and it's frickin' awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjsoYuOsF0

Master
    I bought one a couple of years ago and it has basically sat gathering dust since the initial excitement wore off. Not actually sure why as it was pretty good. I think it may be that the games then were not great and I also wasn’t keen on all the cables and hassle with setting it all up.

Might dust it off and give it another go.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you lot using a PS4 pro? Or reg PS4, thought PS4 pro optimised for VR

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Who likes Counter-Strike? Well now it's in VR and it's frickin' awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjsoYuOsF0
    That looks good enough to justify a purchase. I have been waiting for a killer game like that.

Sent from my STF-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by simon-c View Post
    Are you lot using a PS4 pro? Or reg PS4, thought PS4 pro optimised for VR
    Just a regular PS4 here.

A regular PS4 with a mk1 PSVR here.

If you’ve got an HDR TV, it is worth getting the mk2 PSVR. This allows the PSVR box to ‘passthrough’ HDR, which the mk1 doesn’t. Unfortunately, the specific box isn’t backwards compatible with the earlier model.