closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chairs - Barcelona and Eames Lounge

Craftsman

Chairs - Barcelona and Eames Lounge

I've never bought anything replica in my life but the thought of spending £15k on three chairs is just daft IMO.

Where is a good reliable source to get these chairs please online? I'm after x2 Barcelona chairs (in tan) and x1 Eames Lounge with Stool (in walnut and cream leather).

Any advice would be appreciated to save me trawling through all the rubbish.

Craftsman
    No thanks, just the chairs as per the post.

There was a change of copyright law last year that makes many of the replica chairs that were previously freely available illegal to sell new, I think the Barcelona chair was one, not sure about all Eames but the DSR and DSW both were I think.

Are there homages?

Craftsman
    Have found some now.

Reproductions of these chairs were perfectly legal until a change in the law which extended the copyright period associated with designs so they now extend I believe 75 years. So what was legal to sell before is no longer legal now. Different dates apply to the ruling so there are some designs that are not protected and some that are.

There were lots of adverts in Private Eye for these chairs mentioning a deadline of about the end of last year I think it was as I remember wondering how they would manage their stock and how hard one could negotiate (or not) just before the deadline.

Craftsman
    I imagine om the chair forums people are asking about replica rolexes
    🤣

Blog Entries
    15K for 3 chairs is a lot of money. Spending less on something that's not the real object is a waste of money. Besides that: The Lounge Chair was produced by a few companies: Miller (like mine, a 1959 rosewood with dark brown leather), Vitra and Hille - although I am not sure that Hille had the go ahead from the designer to produce them. All have their own specific details. Having said that, make sure that you sit in the Lounge Chair before you buy it. Not all versions are as comfortable as they look. Can't say anything about the Barcelonas as I've never sat on one of them.

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 16th August 2017 at 15:51.