closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Remote home monitoring camera

Journeyman

Remote home monitoring camera

Thought I'd mention this in case it's of any use to anyone - just back from holiday and before we went away I was looking at options for an app-controlled camera to keep an eye on the place while we were away.

Main criteria were that it could start recording and send an alert to me if motion was detected. Was resigned to shelling out a couple of hundred ££ on something like the Nest or D-link cameras, but stumbled on an app that uses any old iphone (or ipad I think?) as the camera instead. App's called Presence. Has to be installed on both the old phone and your own phone (obviously) and you just tell it which one is the controller and which is the camera.

I left the phone hidden behind some books on a shelf (plugged into the mains of course). I was able to check in and watch a live feed while we were away - mainly just to check if the thing was working, and although thankfully it didn't alert me at all while we were on hols my phone buzzed within several seconds of us walking back into the house when we returned. So for the princely sum of f**k-all, I was rather impressed.

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Sounds like a good App. Does this work on any Apple device irrespective of its iOS?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40878133

B

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    Sounds like a good App. Does this work on any Apple device irrespective of its iOS?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40878133

B
    Just checked - iPhone 3GS / iPad 2 / IOS 6.1