closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steinhart Ocean Vintage Red - new model out - the black dial is back!

Looks huge! I might be interested at 39mm....

Not a fan of the latest version, colours don't work for me.....will keep my mark 1.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    What do you all expect the residuals to be like on these?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophat View Post

Got mine yesterday. I found that the dial isn't as black as I thought it would be and the lume has a David Dickinson orange tinge to it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Is this the newest 'mk3' version ?

Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    What do you all expect the residuals to be like on these?
    They will be good as they are on most models. They sell especially well on e-bay with people often paying over RRP for watches that are still available. They always appear popular on SC and there are occasional WTBs for them.

If you lose money it is going to be in the tens, not hundreds or more like some more expensive brands (say he cursing Omega)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Handlebarchap View Post
    Is this the newest 'mk3' version ?
    Yes

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    I was just about to order one when I noticed that the Crystal is no longer that lovely High Dome. It now looks to be lot flatter and nowhere near as nice. A pity that as I would have loved one with the original crystal
    ah yes, the high dome is lovely! I notice it especially at night! Looks fab! My daughter comments on it too, she's only 5 but have already requested that I bequeath it to her when I am in heaven!

Master
    Received mine on Friday and I really like it. I also have an OVM and ocean GMT and it's very different to them both which I like. The bracelet is a great improvement aesthetically and comfort wise. I like the flatter crystal, means I don't keep smashing it on door openings
    1 week from order to arrival.
    Last edited by Cat7; 20th August 2017 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Received mine on Friday and I really like it. I also have an OVM and ocean GMT and it's very different to them both which I like. The bracelet is a great improvement aesthetically and comfort wise. I like the flatter crystal, means I don't keep banging it on door openings
    1 week from order to arrival.
    Fixed that for you, unless you want to risk a ban

Here's mine, although I managed to scratch one of the lugs changing the bracelet before deciding that I preferred the new OEM after all. The tapered bracelet is much nicer than the OEM on my Vintage Ocean GMT

The lume is better than the Vintage Ocean GMT. I don't know whether it's a different compound or applied better than Vintage GMT from Gnomon but I like it.

From the pics Atleast , do believe this is the best version yet.

Master
    Thanks Ken, no offence intended. That's what I always call myself when I actually end up knocking it on a door frame!

Craftsman
    I got mine today, I like it a lot, but would probably prefer it a touch smaller, 40mm would be about right. As others have said the dial is a dark grey colour. Very comfortable to wear, it was the tapered bracelet that swung it for me.

Incidentally the package was delivered on Tuesday but I was away in Edinburgh for the festival, so the courier left it on my doorstep, in south London and it was still there when I got home today.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smoz View Post

Incidentally the package was delivered on Tuesday but I was away in Edinburgh for the festival, so the courier left it on my doorstep, in south London and it was still there when I got home today.
    That's a bit lucky! However, I bet if you asked the sender for some details 'you' probably signed for it!?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    That's a bit lucky! However, I bet if you asked the sender for some details 'you' probably signed for it!?
    It's not as if I live in a quiet side road, I'm on the A234, although the porch is not easily seen by passers by.

Blog Entries

I was googling mk3 and got this image - a mod no doubt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post

I was googling mk3 and got this image - a mod no doubt?
    Nooooooo if I wanted a cyclops I would buy a Rolex

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Nooooooo if I wanted a cyclops I would buy a Rolex

Ken , it looks like black dial mk3 though , they've only just been released so somebody is quick to mod a cyclops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would someone bother to mod a crap Steinhart-type cyclops? Couldn't they find one that actually magnified?

Gave in and got one

Have to say it is pretty good. Quite creditable how they put these together at the price they charge.
    The only thing that lets it down is the crown action. Feels delicate and somewhat wobbly. It has always been their weak spot. Even the Chinese fakes have better crown action.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Gave in and got one

Have to say it is pretty good. Quite creditable how they put these together at the price they charge.
    The only thing that lets it down is the crown action. Feels delicate and somewhat wobbly. It has always been their weak spot. Even the Chinese fakes have better crown action.
    Isn't it the movement that dictates the feeling of the crown? I think these have a ETA 2824 so surely it should feel like any other watch equipped with the same movement?

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dylanbooth78 View Post
    Isn't it the movement that dictates the feeling of the crown? I think these have a ETA 2824 so surely it should feel like any other watch equipped with the same movement?

It is not a movement issue but a stem issue.
    Typically low end watches not infrequently have a stem that feels like a wet noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    It is not a movement issue but a stem issue.
    Typically low end watches not infrequently have a stem that feels like a wet noodle.
    Thanks for the info, that's good to know.

The Lume Pearl on the bezel looks better to me, the old ones looked to me like a giant pus filled pimple about to explode all over you ><

Quote Originally Posted by Frakius View Post
    The Lume Pearl on the bezel looks better to me, the old ones looked to me like a giant pus filled pimple about to explode all over you ><
    Haha!
    Actually feels better in a lot of subtle ways. Just wish they paid attention to the crown.

Master

Been wearing this on and off for the last week and have to say I think it's one of Steinharts best watches, I like everything about this watch and I've had a few Steinharts. The bracelet feels so much better than the old model and I love the slightly domed crystal. I know it's a homage and all that but to me it's just a decent good looking watch. Don't hesitate if you're sat on the fence I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post

Been wearing this on and off for the last week and have to say I think it's one of Steinharts best watches, I like everything about this watch and I've had a few Steinharts. The bracelet feels so much better than the old model and I love the slightly domed crystal. I know it's a homage and all that but to me it's just a decent good looking watch. Don't hesitate if you're sat on the fence I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Just got mine delivered today. My first Steinhart and my first post on this forum 👍

Any pics of the lume in real life ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robti View Post
    Any pics of the lume in real life ?
    Happy to post one but can't figure out how to reduce my photo resolution to get the jpeg size down on upload

Craftsman
    My Steinhart, dial looks more black worn, but love the doomed glass.

Last edited by Andrew S; 8th September 2017 at 13:00.

Craftsman
    Really tempted to get one, although I have an ocean one already, I'm pretty sure it won't get much wrist time if I were to make the purchase...

Only one day and I'm really pleased with the quality and the slightly different look to this one. Nice addition to the watch stand. Where did you get the strap Andrew S?

- - - Updated - - -

Only one day and I'm really pleased with the quality and the slightly different look to this one. Nice addition to the watch stand. Where did you get the strap Andrew S?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noobwatchcollector View Post
    Happy to post one but can't figure out how to reduce my photo resolution to get the jpeg size down on upload
    Http://postimages.org/

There are options to scale down, and even if you upload at full resolution, it will scale down for hotlinking or you can post an even smaller thumbnail version.

Craftsman
    The strap came with the watch as well as the stainless steel bracelet. The strap is also on a deployant which is nice.

The watch is an Ocean One Vintage commissioned by Gnomon Watches and only 150 were made.