closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Guide price for tegular paving per m2

Master

Guide price for tegular paving per m2

Anyone got a rough idea of cost per square metre?

Just under £30 m2 (Travis Perkins).

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Just under £30 m2 (Travis Perkins).

R

Cheers Ralphy

Any idea on laid costs, just working out the cost for extending my drive to accommodate another car.

£80 to £90 per square metre including excavation and sub-base for tegulas, possibly £100/sq.m. or more if you’re only doing a small area.

The bigger the area the lower the rate per sq.m, and tegulas are among the (nicest but) dearest blocks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    £80 to £90 per square metre including excavation and sub-base for tegulas, possibly £100/sq.m. or more if you’re only doing a small area.

The bigger the area the lower the rate per sq.m, and tegulas are among the (nicest but) dearest blocks.
    Excellent just the info I wanted, got quotes coming in today, this will help me chose.
    Marshall traditional drive set tegular is what we have, 50m2 at present (2007) daughter getting car so need another 10-14m

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Excellent just the info I wanted, got quotes coming in today, this will help me chose.
    Marshall traditional drive set tegular is what we have, 50m2 at present (2007) daughter getting car so need another 10-14m
    We've been very pleased with Marshalls products over the years and found there's been minimal fade on the colouration, so I'd hope your additional footage will blend in well with the original lay.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I used to own and manage (what was, back then) the most qualified and accredited paving firm in Essex, and Ralphy's spot on in that Mashall's blocks are undoubtedly the best.

However I would respectfully disagree in that after eleven/twelve years, the 'colour-fade' will be noticeable and Steve I'd suggest you either pay extra to get your installer to 'blend in' the old and new blocks, or go for something different, whether it be a change in the bond/pattern or an entirely different colour block.

An obvious extension is better than a 'near miss' in my personal opinion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I used to own and manage (what was, back then) the most qualified and accredited paving firm in Essex, and Ralphy's spot on in that Mashall's blocks are undoubtedly the best.

However I would respectfully disagree in that after eleven/twelve years, the 'colour-fade' will be noticeable and Steve I'd suggest you either pay extra to get your installer to 'blend in' the old and new blocks, or go for something different, whether it be a change in the bond/pattern or an entirely different colour block.

An obvious extension is better than a 'near miss' in my personal opinion.
    Cheers Guys thanks for all the pointers.

The colour we have seems to be no longer available, rustic reds with burnt dark areas, laid in 2006/7 according to paperwork supplied when bought house.
    Red & charcoal is not bad but the traditional is different, think will go for the something different approach.

How about gravel? You could edge the area with a tegula block... maybe a double band. You could go for a resin bound gravel finish, on a suitable wearing course.
    Alternately, use actual gravel.I would strongly suggest using a gravel matting retention system though. I used this on a clients house for the first time a few months back.
    Very, very good... come in sheets approx .8 x 1.2m. Its a close hexagon plastic mesh on a terram lining, and sat on compacted mot type 1, you would struggle to get weeds come through. Retained by the block edge, and with the plastic pockets which holds the gravel in place. Its firm to walk on, you get minimal dispersion of gravel, cats/foxes, cant really dig in it...

Looks rather nice too. Ill try and post up some pics...

Master
    Thanks you for all the replies, went with Marshall’s tegula tradional blocks with grey edging.
    Looks very good & now I can look for a car for my daughter

Photos,

https://imgur.com/a/z8XR7qf

£850 all in 10yr guarantee, local company.

Good price, looks a tidy job stitched into existing.
    That’ll weather in well to match the existing tegula...

Thanks you for all the replies, went with Marshall’s tegula tradional blocks with grey edging.
    Looks very good & now I can look for a car for my daughter

Photos,

https://imgur.com/a/z8XR7qf

£850 all in 10yr guarantee, local company.
    That was jolly quick!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    That was jolly quick!

Yes I had already had some quotes that were outrageous, hence asking for advice.
    The local company managed to do it in two days,before starting a larger job.
    Good timing?