Hi.

I bought this on eBay a few weeks ago and I like it after hearing about them and seeing it mentioned here . Need to service the movement and tidy the hands and be careful with the lume as I understand it's Tritium.
What should I do about cleaning the hands so I can relume them to match the dial? Should I clean them under water? Also, I can't seem to find a definitive answer on what the seconds hand should look like. Is it red tipped, is it coated in lume (which would explain the rot on this but not the other hands) or is it completely white with a lume tip? Seems to vary on models that look very similar and I've seen some that are all yellow.

Anyway here are some pictures.

Today I received a 28.7mm Sternkreuz ACTR crystal that I'm yet to test but will attempt to get this running (runs and stops with low amplitude) and relumed, just worried about the Dr Emmet Brown radiation symbol because I already cleaned off a spec that had dropped onto the dial and then didn't want to grow an extra foot, so went to bed and tried to sleep the nightmares off.... .