closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Accountantcy question

Journeyman

Accountantcy question

Hi I know there are a few accountants on the site so I have a question. A single mother I know is going to college to do an accountancy course. I believe the qualification she is studying for is AAT(dont ask me what that is). Now she is convinced that after gaining said qualification she will be on the path to a high earning career in accountantcy. Now I am sceptical as she has never had a full time job before and I would imagine there are lots of younger people leaving uni with higher qualifications who would be more likely to get a chance at a better paid job.
    When she gets the qualification what would be the best path to follow? Try to get work experience with a firm, or would there be a position such as a junior book keeper or similar to pursue?
    Will be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this. Its not that I think the person in question will not get the qualification as she is a very determined person but will be interested in those in the know views.

Just spoke to my son , who has some knowledge and he suggests that the AAT is a good starter and she could get a book keeper type position
    but really needs to eventually do the ACCA. It is possible I suppose to work her way up in a company and hope that the company she works
    for would fund this.

Hope this helps.

Master
    junior book keeper or similar to pursue?
    Probably this first.

Companies will be looking for experience as well as the quals before they start giving higher pay.
    Probably want to do CIMA or ACCA afterwards for better paid jobs.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the swift reply. Just what I was hoping to hear. I suppose getting into the right company would be the key thing

Journeyman
    Thanks for the swift reply. I suppose the key is getting into the right company
    Last edited by Nexus04; 27th July 2017 at 22:21. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by RSBains View Post
    Hi everyone I love watches
    Well some people just love watches, but...

I know a few accountants that aren't qualified that earn substantial salaries, some don't even have AAT or equivalent. It really depends on your industry - youre not going to make partner at an auditor if you are not qualified (well very very rarely).

We would generally put new grads through ACA, but have one member of staff training through ACCA route.

AAT changed dramatically this year, so who knows what the future holds for members

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asso...ng_Technicians
    It's just a matter of time...