closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Discounts on a ladies TT date just

Discounts on a ladies TT date just

Hi
    My wife has taken a liking to a Rolex date just. Stainless still / gold.
    Retail is £8300.

Is it still possible to get a decent price on a TT or have they been tightened up as well.
    If any one can recommend a PM would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Andy
    Last edited by awright101; 27th July 2017 at 22:09.

Master
    I asked this question recently at an AD and was told either 6% or 8% (can't remember to be honest).

I asked very casually and with no intent so to be told that straight away I'd be confident on more. I'd want quite a bit more, not sure how realistic that is though.

Do Rolex make a steel/gold Day-Date? Or any ladies' Day-Date for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard. View Post
    Do Rolex make a steel/gold Day-Date? Or any ladies' Day-Date for that matter?
    Your right, I meant datejust. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I asked this question recently at an AD and was told either 6% or 8% (can't remember to be honest).

I asked very casually and with no intent so to be told that straight away I'd be confident on more. I'd want quite a bit more, not sure how realistic that is though.
    Thanks, that does help

Have you considered buying Pre owned ?

Grand Master
    Have you considered a short break in Jersey?

Paul

Craftsman
    Have you considered buying a timeshare in Cancun?

I'd say that the discount on a TT ladies should be pretty high...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    Have you considered buying a timeshare in Cancun?

I have just got back from cancun and couldn't belive how expensive Rolex watches are out there, I was hoping to get a cheapie and then sneak it back into Blighty, not a chance!

Master
    When I was looking to buy my wife's TT, the 2 UK ADs I asked said "no discount" despite both having the exact watch I wanted in the cabinet, ready to buy. I didn't ask a second time so perhaps the response could have changed had I persisted. I ended up buying at Schiphol airport for about 17-18% below UK list price. This was despite the higher RRP in Netherlands and the weak Sterling. Includes their regular "see-buy-fly" discount and the discount I negotiated on top of that. Can highly recommend buying 'easy' watches from Amsterdam airport. No VAT issues either (until March 2019 that is).

Master
    A Ladies Datejust of 26mm - 28mm can easily be purchased with 20% off the price.

My wife wanted a 31mm model and the larger the model, the lower the discount.

In the end she settled for a 31mm version and I ended up doing a deal on a pre owned YG model with a diamond dial and hardly got bugger all off it.

Master
    Interesting about size being inversely proportional to discount. I didn't know that but I guess it makes sense as some of the smaller ones I have seen don't seem to have much presence on even petite women's wrists. My wife also got a 31mm model. This one:

Last edited by FK77; 28th July 2017 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    When I was looking to buy my wife's TT, the 2 UK ADs I asked said "no discount" despite both having the exact watch I wanted in the cabinet, ready to buy. I didn't ask a second time so perhaps the response could have changed had I persisted. I ended up buying at Schiphol airport for about 17-18% below UK list price. This was despite the higher RRP in Netherlands and the weak Sterling. Includes their regular "see-buy-fly" discount and the discount I negotiated on top of that. Can highly recommend buying 'easy' watches from Amsterdam airport. No VAT issues either (until March 2019 that is).
    Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. There is Heathrow as well I guess. I think I should be able to reserve one as it's not a sports.