closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: jaeger lecoultre duometre

Journeyman

jaeger lecoultre duometre

I am looking at purchasing a jaeger lecoultre duo metre just checking if there are any owners on here, and any thoughts on the various versions of the Duometere.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good taste! They are absolutely beautiful and well thought out watches, wonderful range. I was at the jlc polo on Sunday and got to try on the rose gold travel time version with the globe at 6. I loved it, it is so special. Was also impressed to find it is a proper gmt and can do minute adjustment not just hours.

The sizes are 42 which on paper put me off but it wears very well.

Db9yetti is a big jlc fan and had a chrono one I think, he might be along soon to share his ownership experience.

Good luck with the hunt.

Master
    Yep DB9yeti is your man

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Good taste! They are absolutely beautiful and well thought out watches, wonderful range. I was at the jlc polo on Sunday and got to try on the rose gold travel time version with the globe at 6. I loved it, it is so special. Was also impressed to find it is a proper gmt and can do minute adjustment not just hours.

The sizes are 42 which on paper put me off but it wears very well.

Db9yetti is a big jlc fan and had a chrono one I think, he might be along soon to share his ownership experience.

Good luck with the hunt.
    I have always loved the watch but in the past been put of with poor resale etc but don't want to go down that worrying road anymore.

I have generally brought watches with investment and keeping value in mind, with this purchase I want to put that to one side and buy a watch to wear and love like I have been doing with most of my 2017 purchases.

I quite like the size but does put many off

I have also tried a Travel Time. I loved it but felt it was too big (and too much money for me at the time). That said, it looked very well balanced on my wrist and my wife didn't think it looked too big, so maybe it's more about getting used to something different for me. It's so beautiful that I'm sure I could find a way :)

I'm no good at investment advice on watches. The one JLeC I do have has held its value since I bought it second hand about 4 years ago. However that isn't counting a £700 service from Brendan, which would have been quite a bit more from Richemont.

I'm sure a new Duometre would lose a lot of value very quickly. That said, when DB9yeti sold his a little while back it looked very good vfm and servicing aside you wouldn't lose much if anything. As a piece of horology it's surely going to be celebrated for as long as there are a few of us who appreciate these things.

Let us know how you get on!

Master
    I have been eyeing this one up:

https://www.watches.co.uk/jaeger-lec...D59%26fl4%3D37

I do worry that it needed a service after such a short period, but then I have not asked anything about the history. Price seems quite decent, but I don't see a warranty beyond the JLC warranty that runs out shortly

Myself and others have had good experiences with watches.co.uk. Beyond that, how much do you want it :).

The fact is if you keep it for at least a few years, you'll have to budget for a service. At least a relatively recent service puts that off for a bit.