closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris (Holstein)....UPDATE

Oris (Holstein)....UPDATE

Long story this one, will try to be brief.
    My son bought himself a present of a 3K Oris on leaving the Navy.....problems ever since with watch,
    I sent the Oris myself to Switzerland, they confirmed receipt, watch repaired and they said it was sent back to me in Scotland........i asked for tracking number.....no sign of watch, now transpires that the watch has been delivered to someone in Bradford on 21/7........i called UPS and they confirmed that but would not tell me who signed for the watch! Have made a few calls to Oris today......no luck at all and son very unhappy man!

Proof of Delivery

Close Window
    Dear Customer,
    This notice serves as proof of delivery for the shipment listed below.
    Tracking Number: 1Z7A73080443438755Service:UPS Express Saver®Weight:.40 kgShipped/Billed On:07/20/2017Delivered On: 07/21/2017 1:19 P.M. Delivered To: BRADFORD, GB Received By:PINKNEYLeft At:Other - released
    Last edited by shaney; 27th July 2017 at 13:07.

Bradford! Good luck.

In all seriousness, I wonder what happens next. I was under the impression that goods are the senders responsibility until delivered - in the event of wrongful delivery, is this still the case? Surely so, and especially given the error.

Craftsman
    What????

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Sounds like they owe you a new watch....

I have found that the best recourse is to persist with UPS
    I once had a watch delivered by FedEx to a wrong address
    They said they will open an investigation and get back to me
    Nothing happened for three days
    I called FedEx and asked them for the name of the driver who delivered as I wanted to lodge a complaint with police
    In less than half an hour they called me back with the address where it was delivered and said they will retrieve it right away and deliver it to me
    Fortunately, it was not too far and I picked it up myself.

One would have to assume, initially - that they haven't plucked the address out of a hat? Perhaps another customer?

I would be surprised if they didn't make things good with you.

Good luck

Al

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I have found that the best recourse is to persist with UPS
    I once had a watch delivered by FedEx to a wrong address
    They said they will open an investigation and get back to me
    Nothing happened for three days
    I called FedEx and asked them for the name of the driver who delivered as I wanted to lodge a complaint with police
    In less than half an hour they called me back with the address where it was delivered and said they will retrieve it right away and deliver it to me
    Fortunately, it was not too far and I picked it up myself.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the courier will only deal with the sender.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Al
    When it comes to claiming insurance, yes.
    Otherwise they have to deal with both.

Hi Guys
    After numerous call to Holstien this morning they are admitting that they have sent the watch to the wrong address.....even although they thought the watch was with my son.....which it isnt, they are now saying that they are waiting on UPS telling THEM who signed for the watch........UPS will not tell me? not that it would make any
    difference if they did, ORIS say the watch was sent from Bradford which it wasnt.......sent from Scotland

Dear Mr Donnelly,

I have just returned after lunch. I have asked UPS for the POD and hope I will get it tomorrow latest. As we have sent the watch to the same address it came from. After sales were not able to read your address properly and decided without my knowing that they send it back there:

Dept. 951, PO Box 297, Bradford BD1 4YR, Mr Donnelly

As soon as I have the POD (proof of delivery) from UPS, I will send it over to you tomorrow hopefully.

I am very sorry this happened and sorry for all the inconvenience caused, but I guess it's already at the right place with your son right now.

Kind regards

Tamara Willi
    Sales Assistant
    --
    Oris SA
    Ribigasse 1, CH-4434 Hölstein | +41 (0) 61 956 11 17 | +41 (0) 61 951 20 65 | skype: oris.sa4_1.ch
    --
    MyOris join and enjoy

 Before printing, think about ENVIRONMENTAL responsibility

Click here to Reply or Forward
    0.05 GB (0%) of 15 GB used
    Manage
    Terms - Privacy
    Last account activity: 47 minutes ago
    Details
    Tamara Willi
    tamara.willi@oris.ch

Show details

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Al
    That seems to be the case

Update
    Just received this from Switzerland.........will keep you guys updated.

Was delivered to a Box number Bradford but am told the couriers are not allowed to deliver to box numbers?

Dear Mr Donnelly,
    I am very sorry about this whole situation and as the watch was here during my holiday I was not able to look after it personally, which is a pity and I deeply regret this and please accept my apologies. I have heard back from UPS, I will get the proof of delivery tomorrow and I have already spoken to Mr Wyss, the watchmaker and he is aware of the whole matter now as well.
    I keep you informed as soon as possible.
    Thanks so much for your patience.

Kind regards

Tamara Willi

I'm not sure that the pod will help, I'm sure they will get one but if it's not to your address it's a moot point. At least it will prove it wasn't delivered to you I guess.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry do not what happened
    Last edited by hilly10; 26th July 2017 at 15:25.

Master
    Shall I tell you where the watch is???
    I bet Bradford Delivery office - that po box address is for Santander - they will have a box at the Bradford delivery office
    (This should be for RM only) the courier would have put the postcode into his satnave and I bet I would have directed him to the sorting office

- - - Updated - - -

I bet Bradford Delivery office - that po box address is for Santander - they will have a box at the Bradford delivery office
    (This should be for RM only) the courier would have put the postcode into his satnave and I bet I would have directed him to the sorting office

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well - that's interesting info!

Update on the Oris

With many thanks to lewie (Paul) on here , he was correct in what he had said.
    Oris had wrongly addressed the watch to Bradford.......believe it or not to a PO Box of Santander.
    After many phone calls the watch i was then told was sent to a " watchmaker" in Glasgow...that turned out to be the head office of Chisholm Hunter....they have confirmed that they have the package and will send to me today RMSD......Phew! I have sent an email to Holstein telling them what has happened.

Thanks Guys

Master
    Bernard- good news
    I think Oris owe you a free service at least

Glad it got sorted... eventually Bernard.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Glad it got sorted... eventually Bernard.
    Thank You Neil............been a while since we chatted:)

Bernard- good news
    I think Oris owe you a free service at least
    What's the betting it comes back having been bounced around and subsequently knackered again!

- - - Updated - - -

Good work,man.
    OP-happy for you and hope watch arrives in the condition you expected.

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    What's the betting it comes back having been bounced around and subsequently knackered again!
    Indeed - a bit like when an airline loses your bags; they always arrive a couple of days later looking like they've been drop kicked around the Millennium Stadium.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Indeed - a bit like when an airline loses your bags; they always arrive a couple of days later looking like they've been drop kicked around the Millennium Stadium.
    Ever the optimist

Thanks Rajen:)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Good work,man.
    OP-happy for you and hope watch arrives in the condition you expected.