closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 43mm v's 43mm - Comparison

Master

43mm v's 43mm - Comparison

So, part interest, part showing off the new Zenith Tipo CP-2 that's just landed! I know the Cairelli re-issue has been popular on here, but as it's officially the same size as the SD43 which has sparked much debate on size - unlike the Zenith.

Anyway, I think it's a nice pair...though I've been 'encouraged' to advertise my BB ETA to make way for the new arrival!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, come on! Anyone show me how to rotate this image??

The Zenith looks fractionally bigger, due to the slimmer bezel i guess. Nice pair though

They look similar except for the slightly squarish lugs of the SD43.
    Tipo CP 2 looks fabulous.
    That makes a great pair.

Master
    Cheers, I've loved that Cairelli re-issue since I saw Endo's at the Edinburgh GTG. He had a great thread on here at time!

It's amazing. Got me fired up like the 50th Anniversary Speedy I used to have with the stark contrast between the lume/white and the absolute black.

I've started looking at orignal Cairellis, but there was also a Ltd Ed of 50 CP-2 re-issue for Purist Pro that replaced Automatic on the face with Cronometro and a green NATO!

The slimmer bezel makes the Zenith a far more beautiful watch aesthetically I think. Of course the Rolex is much "toolier" and it's looks suit it. They complement each other nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    So, part interest, part showing off the new Zenith Tipo CP-2 that's just landed! I know the Cairelli re-issue has been popular on here, but as it's officially the same size as the SD43 which has sparked much debate on size - unlike the Zenith.

Anyway, I think it's a nice pair...though I've been 'encouraged' to advertise my BB ETA to make way for the new arrival!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, come on! Anyone show me how to rotate this image??
    Nice watches

Master
    That Zenith is lovely, if it had a date at 6 o'clock it would be a perfect chronograph, although others will disagree.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    That Zenith is lovely, if it had a date at 6 o'clock it would be a perfect chronograph, although others will disagree.
    I'm OK with no date, look at the controversy around the SD43's date bubble. Much as I hate the cyclops, I can't see the date without it so it'd be useless on the Zenith for me!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Nice watches

Cheers for sorting that, I couldn't figure it out on Tinypic.

Blog Entries
    Well, they are both great watches. Nice to see the comparison between the two. It does show that on-paper dimensions may not give a true representation of the actual watch.

Nice pair!!

Martyn