closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Deep Blue Deep Star

Craftsman

Deep Blue Deep Star

I doubt if there is much "love" for Deep Blue on TZ-UK, but here a some pics of my recently acquired "holiday-watch", the Deep Blue Deep Star 1000.

It's not a small watch, with 45mm (exc. crown) en almost 52mm L-t-L. But also not that big, that makes it unwearable.
    According to me certainly value for money, with a Sellita SW-200 automatic movement, Sapphire crystal, Ceramic bezel, 1000ft waterproof, Helium valve and a lovely black sunray dial.
    It comes standard on a Mesh bracelet, but i swapped that for a grey Cordura strap. Some of the design details of this Deep Blue are borrowed from the Aquastar Benthos 500 dive watch from the sixties.

Interesting
    Definitely a lot of Benthos vibe there.
    I glanced at the first pic and immediately thought-wow looks like a vintage watch that probably shared the Benthos case.
    Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Craftsman
    It's got a nice 70s vibe about it.

Two replies?
    Is that the best we can do?
    Saving all the energy for arguing on contentious posts or mocking but we can't bring ourselves to comment on a post featuring something not seen here regularly.
    Same bleeping Sub or PP posted again and again gets oohs and says.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Two replies?
    Is that the best we can do?
    Saving all the energy for arguing on contentious posts or mocking but we can't bring ourselves to comment on a post featuring something not seen here regularly.
    Same bleeping Sub or PP posted again and again gets oohs and says.
    Calm down dear!

I actually quite like a lot of Deep Blue designs, and really like that one, but I always dismiss them as a brand because every model they do is well beyond my size comfort zone.

But I agree with you on the other thing, unless it's a Rolex stickers thread or a new LE Speedmaster, the masses don't want to know.

I tentatively started a thread about my new recent arrival (sticking with the blue theme):

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ind-of-blue%85

17 replies

But a thread that's already been done to death, over and over:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...lex-overpriced

193 replies

That's the way it is but it doesn't bother me. I spend most of my time on here laughing at the stupidity of a bunch of blokes ranting about watches, myself included.

Sorry for the thread hijack OP

Deep Blue Deep Star

Back on topic then... I really like the look of that, gortz. As Raj said, quite a vintage vibe to it and the size is a plus in my book. A good catch. How much are we talking for this, as a matter of interest?

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    It's got a nice 70s vibe about it.
    I can see what you mean.
    Gives it a bit more different look than most divers.
    Still way too big for me!

Great looking watch. You even got the strap spot on. That's some serious water resistance!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Back on topic then... I really like the look of that, gortz. As Raj said, quite a vintage vibe to it and the size is a plus in my book. A good catch. How much are we talking for this, as a matter of interest?

Simon

$628 on bracelet

I've had a good few Deep Blue watches, reckon they can be great value for money.
    And yes downside for some is they are mostly if not all a bit on the large side. It's a shame that they get no love here, one of the brands that helped me get interested in watches. Let's see some more.

The specs are really excellent for the price but as others have said it's too large for me unfortunately. Still would like to see one in real life.

A bit like my Scubapro 30 on steroids,

The SP clocks in at 40mm (and is obviously Benthos inspired as well).

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like that Deep Blue - I like new watches with a vintage look. The lume colour is really nice and it looks like a more subtle take on a cushion case than, say, a Seiko turtle.

ATB

Jon

Psychology the Scubapro gets a thumbs up too

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post

Simon

Hi Simon,

I got it for EUR 300,- , new and on mesh bracelet. Not to much for a diver with Swiss Sellita movement, Sapphire crystal, Ceramic bezel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    I got it for EUR 300,- , new and on mesh bracelet. Not to much for a diver with Swiss Sellita movement, Sapphire crystal, Ceramic bezel etc.
    Definitely a bargain for EUR 300! I like a retro inspired diver and the size wouldn't be an issue, I have a PO 45.5 and I've just sold a Barbos Stingray last week, that was a chunky fellow indeed.

That Scubapro is really nice too! I'll have to have a look out for these two, thanks for sharing them.

Blog Entries
    Although deep blue get the skx debates, this is something different and I for one quite like it .