closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bicycle rack for the rear of the car.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I have the thule Euroclassic and have had it for 7 years so far my towbar has a nose weight of 75kg i think as its a detachable one.. our 4 bikes are under 50kg..one of the wifes pals detachable gave way when it had the horse trailer on it and the horse inside...that prompted a recall from landrover ...luckily the horse was ok

Master
    one thing to watch out for when using a back hanger bike rack is that it will usually obscure something important like numberplate or lights. A pedantic offalcer will give you a ticket for this especially if you are speeding. Obviously roof racks don;t have this issue and tow hitch racks have the electrical hookup for a plate and light board (or may have one built in)

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    one thing to watch out for when using a back hanger bike rack is that it will usually obscure something important like numberplate or lights. A pedantic offalcer will give you a ticket for this especially if you are speeding. Obviously roof racks don;t have this issue and tow hitch racks have the electrical hookup for a plate and light board (or may have one built in)
    and more so on the continent in France or Spain and as has been said the square panel with the red and white stripes is needed also... I think something like the 'Thule Clip on High' should suit most people as it won't obscure reg or lights if they are low enough on the car. though it only does 2 bikes...