closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice please on Sinn Black PVD ... I'm thinking of buying a U1 SE

Craftsman

Advice please on Sinn Black PVD ... I'm thinking of buying a U1 SE

I am missing wearing my Sinn U2 so I am thinking of buying a U1. I really like the dial, hands and bezel of the U1 SE version.

I would like to ask existing owners of Black PVD Sinn Watches how the coating is holding up? Are you guys happy with it?

This would not be a "work" watch like my U2, so it would be at less risk of damage.

Thanks in advance.

Master
    I wore one every day for about a year, and I'm not careful with watches.

It was hardly marked when I sold it on. Whatever way they do it, it seems to last better than other PVD watches I've had.

I've got an EZM7S.

I wore it a few days ago and checked it for marks at the time and I couldn't see any, even on the clasp.

I don't wear any of my watches a lot, preferring to give as many as possible an outing, but this one is one of my more frequent wears and the Tegimented Black finish really seems resistant to wear as far as I can tell!

M.

Craftsman
    Thank you... that sounds promising !

I have a fully tegimented U1 (not the black one) and it is unmarked after 4 years of nearly daily use. I understand the black versions are fully tegimented too so I'm confident they'd be very resistant to damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is wearing well (856) although not a daily wearer. Case has taken a knock or two and one has even dented the edge of the bezel but not taken the coating off. The clasp on the bracelet has a few scratches but this is the limit of any wear I've noticed. I'd guess that if I wore it daily I'd get some gentle patina rather than a mess of scratches and chips. The bracelet seems more prone to it than the case. Both are tegimented then coated I think but not sure if the tegimented process makes any difference to the robustness of the coating.

Craftsman
    It would be interesting to see some real world pics of the PVD Sinn watches. Some shop pics make it look very glossy, others make it look quite matte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photography is not my forte but just snapped this under a white LED light. The 556 is a regular steel case with a reasonable shine on it unlike the tegimented cases. The 856 is a matte finish but has a slight satin sheen on it under the right light. It's not totally flat but it's flatter when cleaned up as this removes oils it'll pick up from being handled. I've a PVD Citizen and a custom SKX007 and it's fairly similar to those. As useless as that statement is if you've not seen those particular watches of mine (!), I think my point is it's no flatter or glossier than any other PVD watches I've seen.

Angle of the photo makes the size difference look more than it is.
    Last edited by matt74; 25th July 2017 at 21:12.

Master
    I used to own a U2S and after maybe a year, the edges of the case and lugs did start to show some signs of wear - The black coating had become slightly lighter. This was more pronounced on the outer edge of the bezel.