closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BLNR and Sub Date value

Journeyman

BLNR and Sub Date value

Hi all,

Wish I could say I was lucky enough to own both, but a friend of a friend of mine owns a 2016 Sub Date black and a BLNR. The sub was bought in December and is still fully stickered and never been worn, the same with BLNr which is just 2 weeks old! But some stickers were taken off when he bought it.

He is having abit of buyers remorse and only really wants to keep one and I've been offered the chance to purchase one. He isn't sure which one, (if any) he could part with.

Roughly, how much should I be looking to pay, I wouldn't say I know him well enough and nor would I expect ''mates rates'

Any help would be great, although I think he may have second thoughts when it actually comes to parting!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    he could try getting a quote from watchfinder.co.uk for how much they would buy them for - then you could match that price - at least that way he would not lose anything.

Grand Master
    Might be worth asking where he bought them? If they've been sneaked in from overseas he could be making a nice profit by selling one or both....... and rightly or wrongly that would influence the price I'd be prepared to pay. It's possible he's paid significantly under UK list price and he's bought the watches with the intention of making a quick buck.

I always find these stories strange; how many people actually buy watches but don't ever wear them or take the stickers off? Anyone doing this is doing it to make a profit IMO, can't see any other answer. I don't believe the 'buyers remorse' story, I'm far too old and cynical for that. If he'd bought the watches to keep he would've taken the stickers off and worn them........that' s the bit that doesn' t add up.

I'd inspect both v. carefully and I'd offer 85% of list price as an opening gambit, or less if he's smuggled them into the country. If you're not getting a few ££££ off list price you might as well buy new from an AD, might take a few weeks to get the watch but you'd have the pleasure of being first owner etc.

Paul

Journeyman
    Thanks for the replies

He has all the of the receipts and paperwork from Goldsmiths, so it's all above board.

Think he just put his name down and didn't think anything of it and then the calls came and he said that the worst that can happen is he sells it for a profit if he changes his mind.

Think he is trying to raise cash for a deposit, so I don't think there is anything underhand going on.

Thanks guys. Think I'll just wait my turn at a AD

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    Think he just put his name down and didn't think anything of it and then the calls came and he said that the worst that can happen is he sells it for a profit if he changes his mind
    Wish him luck with that

Grand Master
    If he bought both watches prior to the last price rise I guess he could make a few £££.

Maybe his best bet is to take them to Watchfinder.

Paul

Journeyman
    FYI I got £6400 for my two year old BLNR from watchfinder. It was as new condition but just missed out the extended 5 year warranty which reduced the price a bit

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy333 View Post
    FYI I got £6400 for my two year old BLNR from watchfinder. It was as new condition but just missed out the extended 5 year warranty which reduced the price a bit

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Wow was that for a trade? Makes you wonder how much they will get when they come to sell it.

Master
    Tell him to take the BLNR back if he doesn't want it and hasn't worn it. Or Watchfinder advice was a good shout.

Craftsman
    Watchfinder is a good advice. They are unlikely to pay above list price though.

Craftsman
    WF will offer you below list for BLNR

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I`m sure he`ll get his money back as a private sale.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Father Time View Post
    Wow was that for a trade? Makes you wonder how much they will get when they come to sell it.
    Nope straight sale

Master
    I sold a two year old blnr that had been worn occasionally two eeeks ago to watchfinder and also got £6300

Master
    From my personal experience, Chronext offered me significantly more than Watchfinder. It took them a long time to come back to me with the offer though. Had I not sold it (for a bit more thankfully) by the time their offer came through, I would have accepted as it was good enough to avoid the hassle of a private sale. Worth a try if anyone is selling.