closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko

Banned

Seiko

I have seen the seiko dive watches mm300? Looks a bit like a sub? Where are they from and how much I cannot see them anywhere are they a good substitute?

I am not trying to give you a hard time but it is not that difficult to use the upper case and basic punctuation marks correctly.
    If you do a search, there is plenty of information on MM300.
    It is a great watch and one of Seiko's best.
    You can look at Seiya's website.
    They regularly come up for sale on preowned market for $1300 to $1800 depending on whether it is the SBDX01 or 17 and the condition.

It's a really nice watch, I had an issue with mine with the crown digging into my hand. I like to wear my watches between the knuckle on my wrist and hand, and with most watches the crown isn't an issue (wearing a 1970s 6105-8110 right now and I don't notice it's there, it's so comfortable) but on the MM300 it's big and sharp. The bracelet is also a bit crap, with the worst clasp I've had on a watch. It actually left cuts in my wrist every time I wore it. I couldn't be bothered only wearing it on a NATO on my right wrist so sold it. Actually, I liked the design so much I bought another, and had exactly the same problems. Lovely looking watch, but I'm much happier with the 6105-8110.

Incidentally, the MM300 has a very big fanbase so I may be alone in having issues with it.
    "A man of little significance"

I love mine, picked it up on SC for less that £1000
    Fantastic watch that makes me smile every time I wear it. I sometimes take it out the safe just look at it as I think the bezel and the hands are really great craftsmanship.
    That said time keeping is pretty poor for the money at +10secs a day, the bracelet is pants and if worn on a NATO it's too top heavy.
    As a replacement for a other watch (Submariner)? You will be disappointed as they are completely different but if you take the MM300 on its own merits, I don't think you can be disappointed. Bung it on a crafter blue with the expanding clasp and you have a fantastic watch.

Master
    Search feature would come up trumps for this! Hugely popular watch. Substitute for a sub? Probably not

There are many watches that look a bit like a Sub, the MM300 is not really one of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I like to wear my watches between the knuckle on my wrist and hand,
    I think that Official TZ-UK Forum Majority Policy(TM) came out against that recently.

Incidentally, the MM300 has a very big fanbase so I may be alone in having issues with it.
    I think it's rather marmitey. A lot of people buy them because the forums rave about them, then sell them, then buy another because the forums rave about them, and so on. The fact that people get rid of them multiple times should be a sign of something.

It has some very appealing qualities, unfortunately mixed with several design elements that are not well thought out. On the appealing side, the dial and hand design is balanced, readable, and striking, together with the hefty bezel. On the negative side, the lug spacing is too small for such a tall watch (and Seiko has a sometime tendency to make bracelets that are slightly too narrow for the scale of their watches), the absence of a sapphire crystal is inexcusable on a watch over $500, and the monocoque case is just a needless eccentricity, since it doesn't result in anything remarkable in terms of WR, just makes the watch slightly more painful to work on.

Don't get me wrong, I admire Seiko as a company and believe that at the low end of the price spectrum, no one makes better dive watches for the money. As the prices go up, they start suffering in comparison with a lot of others, both mainstream and boutique.

Craftsman

MM300

Yorkshire Watches have these in stock in the UK.

The MM300 is one of the best dive watches I have used. Not necessarily the best desk-diving watch though.

Not really able to fathom how anyone could see a Submariner in it.

Craftsman
    It doesn't look anything like a sub???

Wayyyy more homages/copies/rip-offs whatever you want to call them but this isn't one of them!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Yorkshire Watches have these in stock in the UK.
    Very pricey, though. Not far off £2k.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Very pricey, though. Not far off £2k.
    Plus out of stock anyway...

Seiko

Very nice watch, hate the bracelet though. Comparison with a Sub is pointless due to price point - better off comparing the Grand Seiko diver against the Sub but as you asked the modern Ceramic Sub is a better watch due to the superior bracelet primarily. The SM300 is arguably better than the older pre-ceramic Sub. Very much a tool watch and not something that dresses up well like a Sub does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Disregarding looks, the MM300 and Sub are very different sizes.