closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Got The Call - Rolex Content

Smile Got The Call - Rolex Content

I have stayed away from newer ceramic sports Rolex for a number of years now, however something about this one sang to me when it was announced at Basel earlier in the year. Swiftly put my name down at the AD for one of these, though did not expect much in truth as have never had particularly good experiences with waiting lists. Fast forward 4 months and my AD came through - got the call earlier in the week to collect this beauty.

I know this one has drawn divided opinions amongst watch enthusiasts and I was slightly hesitant to purchase this without seeing it first but definitely have no regrets. The proportions of the watch are excellent, and when sized accurately with the clasp micro-adjustment it sits beautifully on the wrist.

As others on this forum have noted in other posts, the watch did come with a few strings attached, I was deprived of those oh so beautiful stickers and my warranty is under lock & key. In truth, that doesn't bother me too much as I have no plans to sell but an interesting direction Rolex are taking with their popular models.

Here's a few gratuitous shots and side-side comparison shots with other sports models if anyone is interested in gauging size.

Well done looks very nice

Craftsman
    Congrats on new purchase. Seems odd still to hijack warranty card but this has been done to death. Nice one

Master
    Love it and i like the size because the 40mm Sports are too small for me.

I have my name down for one but haven't had the call.

Very nice. It doesn't look 43mm when sat side by side with the others though. It barely looks bigger than the GMT.
    Good thing, I find the GMT a perfect size!

Master
    Agree with Dave, surprised that it looks very similar to the GMT. Lovely watch though, hope mine arrives soon 😀😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks folks.

In terms of size vs GMT, it is noticeably larger, but I think because it is proportionally larger, you don't feel that it's quite as big as something like the DSSD.

Banned
    Cracker and looks great on your wrist.

I have to say I keep looking twice at that studio Chrono - another great looking thing.

Master

Had me confused for the first couple of pics as I couldn't see the seadweller red text and was thinking what does he mean newer ceramic, looks like an old slim case sub!

Then I scrolled down and realised what it was.

Must admit I'd have this over a new sub as the case actually has nice lugs like the old subs.

That Tudor is a lovely watch too.

Craftsman
    Congratulations mate. You have some lovely watches there. Nice taste.

Splendid. Fits in with the rest of your collection.
    I think this is the perfect size for a SD which is a great watch in all its incarnations.

Really nice addition and doesn't wear like you think you would given the 43mm size. I think a lot of people slagged this off prematurely based on the measurement alone and without seeing it, but it really is a well proportioned piece. Enjoy!

Must have been a few delivered last week as I picked one up as well. I took great pleasure in de-stickering it at home and just noticed a couple I missed after 3 days!

lovely watch and fantastic size. I reckon I need to get rid of my sub now as it seems quite small in comparison

Blog Entries
    Nice watch, looks well on the wrist shot. You sound pleased with it as well which is what counts the most!

It's the only current Rolex that I'm interested in. Well done.

Smile

That's a great addition to the collection - very nice indeed....

Craftsman
    Very nice looking watch.
    Too big for me but looks good on your wrist.
    As mentioned,the Tudor looks nice too!

Master
    Nice one. Looks like it fits you well. What size is your wrist?

Craftsman
    Oh yes, very nice. Congrats

Thanks everyone for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Must have been a few delivered last week as I picked one up as well. I took great pleasure in de-stickering it at home and just noticed a couple I missed after 3 days!

lovely watch and fantastic size. I reckon I need to get rid of my sub now as it seems quite small in comparison
    Congrats! Alas, I was deprived the pleasure of my stickers!

Quote Originally Posted by topcat666 View Post
    Very nice looking watch.
    Too big for me but looks good on your wrist.
    As mentioned,the Tudor looks nice too!
    Thanks. The Tudor Chrono is great, one of my favourites

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Nice one. Looks like it fits you well. What size is your wrist?
    Not too sure actually, will have to try and track down a tape measure and find out!

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Splendid. Fits in with the rest of your collection.
    I think this is the perfect size for a SD which is a great watch in all its incarnations.
    Thanks, yes think it goes well with the collection. Now just need a Nautilus and Daytona-C to close off the collection for a while.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Very nice and looks great on the wrist. Agree as above it doesn't look much larger than other sports watches side by side. I still think it might be too much for my puny wrists mind!

Master
    Thumbs up from me too, lovely collection you have there.
    The SD43 was something I had hoped to have by now but it hasn't happened and I doubt it will anytime soon.
    Enjoy the new addition.

Lovely set you have there sir. I'm jealous and I don't even like rolex. Make sure to wear those bad boys in rude health! Rgds. Bignose Dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Apprentice
    Congrats buddy, that's a superb collection you've got. Can't fault it.

After a few weeks of ownership, I really feel this is my favorite watch-ever and a serious contender for the one watch solution. Looks,size,performance- A+ on all levels.
    I do feel these are going to be like Subs and other SDs in terms of availability, meaning they will be windows everywhere
    Except U.K. Where people will be quoted a six month waiting time.

Looks great, this one does tempt me.

I really thought that I would come to like the 126600, even be enamoured with it as I was with the 16600 and 116600 but I really can't see myself parting with my hard earned cash for this. Even seeing the numerous wrist shots and trying one in person hasn't been enough to tempt me.

However, its your watch so wear and enjoy in good health.

Loving mine. It is such a great size. Sits under a shirt well and just spreads its weight so evenly across the wrist.

Journeyman
    It is a great looking timepiece.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Loving mine. It is such a great size. Sits under a shirt well and just spreads its weight so evenly across the wrist.

Lovely pic👍

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    After a few weeks of ownership, I really feel this is my favorite watch-ever and a serious contender for the one watch solution. Looks,size,performance- A+ on all levels.
    I do feel these are going to be like Subs and other SDs in terms of availability, meaning they will be windows everywhere
    Except U.K. Where people will be quoted a six month waiting time.
    Am inclined to agree, fast becoming one of my favourites, still slightly behind the Aquanaut.