closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any gamers on this forum?

Blog Entries

Are there any gamers on this forum?

Question as per title. I was wondering because every now and then some games consoles come up on SC. So, are there any gamers here, or more precisely, are there any gamers here who are prepared to admit it on a highly judgmental forum?

Yep I have a Switch and a PS4. The Switch is taking up most of my play time recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    Yep I have a Switch and a PS4. The Switch is taking up most of my play time recently.
    I really fancy a switch, what are you playing?

I don't play much these days but still massively into retro games.

Currently I'm playing Zelda. Which is just superb. I also have Mario Kart and regularly go on line to get beaten horribly by the Japanese.
    Having kids means I basically can't get a look in with regards to the TV until they're in bed. The Switch is great because I can just take it out of the dock, nip upstairs and have a hour or so running around Hyrule.

The kids love Mario Kart, and when we play together I of course turn the auto steer on to make it a bit easier for them. Yep, I definitely do that, honest...

Master
    I used to play a lot, but don't have the time to do it regularly anymore. I can't stand consoles though, PC gaming all the way for me

PS4 and a retro arcade table with 1000 odd games from 70's through to 90's

since the tail end of the 70s (damn I feel old saying that)
    Mostly PS4 and vita just now, possibly XBOX ONE X (stupid name) towards the end of the year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    I used to play a lot, but don't have the time to do it regularly anymore. I can't stand consoles though, PC gaming all the way for me
    I find myself gaming pretty much exclusively on the PC now (especially since the last couple of rigs I have built have been a lot more powerful than any console) so the consoles are living a quieter life (I'll make an exception for Uncharted though).

Are any of you shooter or RPG fans, as a matter of interest? (Yes, Zelda was noted already!)

Currently I'm playing Zelda. Which is just superb. I also have Mario Kart and regularly go on line to get beaten horribly by the Japanese.
    Having kids means I basically can't get a look in with regards to the TV until they're in bed. The Switch is great because I can just take it out of the dock, nip upstairs and have a hour or so running around Hyrule.

The kids love Mario Kart, and when we play together I of course turn the auto steer on to make it a bit easier for them. Yep, I definitely do that, honest...
    I'm really tempted and like the option to take it away from TV.

I'd also like to get into VR via PS4, tried it at a friends and it is very good, vast improvement on my long since traded Nintendo Virtual Boy 😊

Back in the day I was well into my Jap gaming, had all sorts inc PC Engine as well as the Nintendo Virtual Boy. I had a Jap import PSP months before they were released here. Just preordered the mini SNES which I'm far too excited about for someone in their late 30's!!

I've not long put Skyrim down after around 150 hours. Left the DLC as I will no doubt double dip so I can play it on the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I'm really tempted and like the option to take it away from TV.

Yeah it's great it works extremely well, very fluid. The screen is fantastic too. I grabbed a pro controller with it, which I use when in TV mode, it's quite pricey at £60. But it is very good and has a seemingly magical battery life. I'd recommend one.

Ps4 for me. Spending far too much time on it for my age! Haha. Playing the Destiny 2 beta for the past few days

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Empires and Allies.Time consuming,Expensive but very very addictive.

Xbox One still playing Battlefield 4 (not so keen on Battlefield 1)

ps4 and vita for me, fave game of all time tempest 2000 on Atari Jaguar

Yes but purpose built gaming PC here. All us proper gamers look down on console users. ;)

Master
    I play Assault Cube, an online FPS quite often. Simple, but fun.

Not even a page before the glorious PC master race rear their heads. With their 3 monitor set ups, air craft joysticks, nudey skyrim mods and vitamin D deficiency.
    ;)
    Last edited by jimmbob; 22nd July 2017 at 16:18.

Yep. Just collected a Megadrive/Mega CD/32X combo with games from a mate.
    Normally I play Vita and PS4 with some PC stuff in the mix.

I have a PS4 Pro, a Switch and a gaming PC. I use the PC just for racing in iRacing. I have a full sim rig with force feedback wheel, pedals, button box, gear lever and racing seat.

The Switch gets most of my attention at the moment. I’ve put 185 hours into Zelda Breath of the Wild. It’s the best game I’ve ever played. I got Splatoon 2 yesterday and am enjoying that.

Yes, PS4 for me, I had both a 360 and a PS3 on the previous gen and spent most of my time on the 360. Mostly BF1 for me at the moment, although I've played a fair bit of Destiny in the past.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    We've a ps2, sp3, and xbox1 in the flat, but I'm still enjoying a spot of far cry 3 on the pc while taking a break from job hunting :) Maybe a spot of lego batman this evening. I've generally got no interest bin modern games, purely because of price. I can't bring myself to spend £50 odd pounds on a current gen game when I can buy something like bad company 2, COD Ghosts etc for the ps3 for £1 at the local game shop.

Not even a page before the glorious PC master race rear their heads. With their 3 monitor set ups, air craft joysticks, nudey skyrim mods and vitamin D deficiency.
    ;)
    Sorry. It had to be said. Just one monitor so perhaps I'm lacking.

My Switch friends code, should anyone want it is...

SW-6237-6128-9799

My PSN is - jimmbobk

Craftsman
    I've got a PS4 and try to get on COD when I can.

Are there any gamers on this forum?

I just bought an Xbox One which is driving me batty on my crappy rural broadband. Seems like every game I buy needs a 10 Gb patch downloaded before it gets out of bed. Grrr...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I have a PS4 which I play occasionally mainly use it for Netflix to be honest but COD, Sniper 4 or Battlefield 1 are my games of choice.
    My lad on the other had loves his gaming on either the PS4 or PS Vita, he also has a switch and a gaming PC and a gaming laptop the only games I can beat him at these days are football and racing games both of which he won't play against me, so I have to settle for inhalation each time we play against each other.

Been playing Just Cause 3 on XBox a bit recently. Haven't really played games for years but bought this for my son and got drawn into it. Great game when I have an hour to kill, which is very infrequently!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Yes but purpose built gaming PC here. All us proper gamers look down on console users. ;)
    I'm a PC gamer who believes that consoles have a place, and provide a different experience. Chilling with some mates on the sofa playing 4-player Mariokart is not something the PC offers. While playing The Division on a PS4 doesn't compare with running it on an i7 7700K with 32GB and a GTX1080 with 8GB.

;)
    You know us so well that you must be secretly one of us.

Ha! Alas I'm a just a filthy console peasant. My PC can run HL2 to a respectable degree, but that's about it. I do love seeing games running at high spec etc. But it's a rabbit hole I would rather be on the edge of than diving into for now. Watches are enough of a money sink as it is!

Master
    Just installing Sniper Elite on the Xbox One at the moment. I'm more of a World of Tanks player though. Always found it a nice way to lose myself for an hour or two.

I'm late 30s and gamed all my life from BBC electron upwards.

The Sandbox games are the only ones that interest me now. Crafting, shooting or sword-hacking, stumbling on random cool stuff

200 hours Fallout 3
    50 hours Fallout N/Vegas
    100 hours Fallout 4
    GTA San Andreas, Liberty City. GTAV
    Borderlands 1+2
    now 120+ hours into Witcher 3

I just can't get into the (IMO) boring "gameplay corridor" games like The Last of Us or Uncharted. Tried and sold them on. Linear and restrictive without freedom to roam. I know they are wildly popular

Blog Entries
    Watches are enough of a money sink as it is!
    The vast majority of my watches cost less than this PC....

I like to play. The problem is - as with most interests - that I get completely immersed in it once I start. I can't seem to play anything casually.

I didn't play anything for five years. Then last December I bought myself a gaming laptop when the GTX1060 became readily available. Five months later I had 120 hours of Skyrim and 60 hours of Fallout 4 behind me. That may not sound too much, but work and family have me so busy that maybe 80% of those hours are played at night. Then as quickly as it started I was done. Haven't played anything in the past two and a half months. Probably I'll feel like playing again later.

Master
    Yes. Been gaming since 1980. Grew up in a video arcade. Remember when Pac Man was the newest thing in town.

Currently have a PS4 and Xbox One and have had everything before.

Now 44.

Travelling means I don't play so much as I did as I'm limited to my trusty macbook pro but I will be soaking up some of the games I missed from the a few years back. Just finished Borderlands 2 and started the pre-sequel.

I actually have plans to setup an arcade bar.

Halo and Bethesda usually make me buy new consoles on day one.

And I am genuinely Elite , have been since 1986. 😎

And for years I gamed on a 9ft HD screen in a pitch black cinema room with a 7.1 surround system (bliss). Even retro Amiga games on that were lovely . Speedball 2 with multiple players and stunt car racer are quite sublime on the large screen even today.
    Last edited by Mr.D; 22nd July 2017 at 18:27.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Speedball 2 with multiple players and stunt car racer are quite sublime on the large screen even today.
    Bitmap Brothers awesomeness.

48k spectrum in 12th birthday. Locked and loaded ever since.

360 for Gears of War 3 online hoard and Blur, the most underrated, underadopted racer ever.

PS4 for everything else. The new Resident Evil is amazing, sniper elite rocks and I have just really enjoyed Titanfall 2.

Projector, cinema room, 5.1 etc

Blog Entries
    For me retro hands down 8bit and 16bit
    Side scrolling beat em ups - streets of rage, final fight , turtles Coin op .

The new stuff is beyond me although Nintendo wii u , wii are still appreciated. My son wants a switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I have a fairly disgustingly high gamerscore on Xbox, have played most days since the 360 came out, and a bit Nintendo fan prior.

Mostly shooters and RPGs / sandbox games, currently playing Shadow of Mordor and Elder Scrolls online mostly.

I work for a company that sells orthodontic treatment planning software, we have a part time girl in our Dallas office who is a PlayStation team player, gets flown all around the world to compete on a professional level. Managed to get her to play COD against my son once, she killed him, over and over again!

Master
    ;)
    For me, it's not even about the higher image quality on PC. I just find the controls on consoles really cumbersome and awkward for the games I play

Craftsman
    The best joystick/controller was the one for the SNK Neo Geo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    The best joystick/controller was the one for the SNK Neo Geo.
    This, in my memory, is the greatest joystick ever:

*SIGH* I still miss the original Combat Flight Simulator.

xbox one hooked on cod. ghosts online at the moment ,used to play forza 2 a hell of a lot

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I used to game a lot. I managed to rack up 3,000 hours on Oblivion; I literally searched every nook and cranny. Then I met my wife and had kids, got made redundant, started a business, relocated. Just no time now.

There's a PS4 on the hi-fi rack, but it's mostly host to Drive Club for my five year old. I use it to connect to Netflix when my TV doesn't want to play ball. I do have Skyrim, Far Cry 4 and one of the Fall Out series on there, game quality is superb.

Just need some time now. 🙂

I used to play quite a bit on megadrives, ps1 upwards (ps3 at the moment) I liked playing sniper type games (kept getting my arse handed to me on the likes of COD etc online) and a few race sims but I've not played for a long time as nothing really interested me much. I'm thinking about getting a ps4 though as the new sniper elite 4 looks good (as does the older elite 3). I'm wondering if these far cry games can be done as a sniper as well (apologies as I'm not up on current games), also are there any good realistic driving sims on the ps4?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    This, in my memory, is the greatest joystick ever:

*SIGH* I still miss the original Combat Flight Simulator.
    The Sidewinder2 was better I thought. (Mine ended up in a skip) 😐

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I used to play quite a bit on megadrives, ps1 upwards (ps3 at the moment) I liked playing sniper type games (kept getting my arse handed to me on the likes of COD etc online) and a few race sims but I've not played for a long time as nothing really interested me much. I'm thinking about getting a ps4 though as the new sniper elite 4 looks good (as does the older elite 3). I'm wondering if these far cry games can be done as a sniper as well (apologies as I'm not up on current games), also are there any good realistic driving sims on the ps4?
    Yeah you can do most of the wet work in Far Cry using primarily snipey techniques with the exception of the set pieces.

Craftsman
    Followed PS through every model from the 1, It's good therapy I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Yeah you can do most of the wet work in Far Cry using primarily snipey techniques with the exception of the set pieces.
    Thanks. Just looking at PS4 pro now

Does Hill Climb Racing count? Strangely addictive.