closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: By way of introduction - Collection so far

Journeyman

By way of introduction - Collection so far

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to posting on the site so thought i'd share my collection of watches to date by way of introduction.

First decent watch i bought was the 116610LN in 2012, pre-owned 2011 watch and it came from Fitzrovia Watches at the time, has a lot of sentimental value, got married in that watch, probably wouldn't get rid of.

Few years ago for my 30th some friends chipped in and bought me a 1984 G10 (birth year), again loads of sentimental value and this gets more wrist time than all the others put together.

Last year I fancied something on leather that i could wear when out with the wife, wanted something a bit different so went for the Archimede Pilot Bronze 39mm, probably gets more comments than any of the other watches, it's now starting to dull down pretty well.

This year I got a bit over-excited and first purchased a root beer GMT as i just liked it when i tried on, papers turned up about 6 weeks after i bought it which i hadn't expected and was a brucey bonus as i bought as watch & box but the guy stumbled on the guarantee paperwork, a stroke of luck that doesn't happen to me too often, its a K series, not everyones taste but i enjoy it.

Shortly after i got a good deal on a watch only 1999 explorer 2, swiss-only dial style, fairly recently bought this so it's getting worn a lot, always thought i preferred the polar but changed my mind when i tried it on, i find that seems to happen a lot.

Most recently bought a red sub from a lovely gentleman on the forum here, its already been on the forum on another thread, this one will go to my daughter when i kick the bucket, it's just been one i've wanted for years.

That's probably it for now as i've spent more than i bargained for this year but I'll always be on the lookout, gut feel is next would either be a Kermit or a 1675.

Anyway, thanks for reading, good to be able to share a few pics of the collection so far.

Cheers.

Master
    Lovely watches, I really like the Root beer GMT.
    The LV prices seems to be going mad at the moment although I'm not sure if it will continue.
    I'd put one of those in the collection next.

Journeyman
    Cheers, yeah i feel i've kind of missed the boat on the LV, some really bonkers prices out there.

Nice collection and enjoyed the write up! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Beautiful collection and a great mix of Rolex. I love the red sub. Such a classy watch. Amazing / dangerous this forum is.

Master
    Lovely root beer, sub and a nice interesting collection. I have a similar assortment of Rolex sports and wore the sub on my wedding day hence a keeper! Thinking a first Seiko, a chrono and a Nomos of some sort next. What other watches are you interested in aside from Rolex?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Very nice collection

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Lovely root beer, sub and a nice interesting collection. I have a similar assortment of Rolex sports and wore the sub on my wedding day hence a keeper! Thinking a first Seiko, a chrono and a Nomos of some sort next. What other watches are you interested in aside from Rolex?

Part of me thought that having the old sub now meant maybe trading/px the ceramic for something else eg LV or 1675 but I just can't bring myself to parting with it.

In terms of non Rolex I'd love a 14790/15300 AP on white dial which I'd been saving for when I ended up buying the red sub (oops)! I'd also love a Journe but financially that's beyond me. I'll keep dreaming!

Journeyman
    ac11111 - what you got in Rolex sports?

Master
    Wow, we have very similar tastes. I was also thinking about 15300 and 14790 the slightly less loved but more affordable mid size. The 15400 is way too big for me personally. But the 15300 have shot up in price.

I have a 2005 16610, a 6 digit polar explorer 2, and matte dial 16750 from 1979. I was thinking hulk instead of Kermit, the Kermit being just slightly too similar to my 16610. Since you have a subC, you are thinking Kermit rather than hulk!

Craftsman
    Great collection. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Root beer is the star of the show for me, so in your face and striking, not for the faint hearted though.

Craftsman
    Nice collection, welcome to the forum.

Another vote for the root beer, I find myself liking them more and more.

Master
    You have superb taste. I'd take any of them in a heartbeat. Now add a classy yet understated dress watch and you're complete....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Nice group.
    How much does the red Sub weigh?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Nice group.
    How much does the red Sub weigh?
    Some grams.

Craftsman
    Great collection and welcome

Craftsman
    Love the root beer. Great collection. In 18 months I've gathered these together

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post

That's quite an expenditure!! Lovely 3 piece!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post

Good work mate I love the James Cameron.