closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WF&Co Leeds armed robbery

Craftsman

WF&Co Leeds armed robbery

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...shop-1-8653539

Here's hoping the staff are ok, I was heading in today to drop off two Rolex before I got a voicemail saying they have cancelled my appointment with apologies due to an incident at the shop, im amazed they called me with that going on, I thought they would have been too busy with other priorities so fair play!
    Last edited by trainspanner; 17th July 2017 at 12:26.

Master
    Wow, these scummy individuals are so brazen, or should that be stupid? I've been in that shop and it's right in the middle of the arcade, so they must have passed loads of people (and cameras) to get in and out.
    With a bit of luck, they'll be identified and brought to justice quickly!

Master
    Not exactly accessible for a quick exit. Guessing the car was on Vicar Lane. Imagine lots.of cameras have this although it's probably a stolen car etc.

What a great city I live in!!

I hope the robbers are as stupid as the ones who robbed us last summer. Arrested within 40 minutes. Locked away from up to 13 years - 2 with no early release as already out on license.

Master
    Blog Entries

Master
    Jesus. That's a few quid!

Master
    One of the later editions of local paper are saying £350k

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Wow, that is some haul.

Craftsman
    They'll probably have a jeweller ready to grind off the serial numbers. The WIS community should keep an eye out for the goods

I wonder if they got the stickers and warranty cards ?

That is one hell of a list of watches. lets hope the scumbags are caught and brought to justice quickly.

Master
    Is that the full list, or did they really only target Rolex and Omega?
    The list of Rolexes is like a veritable wish list for most collectors.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I wonder if they got the stickers and warranty cards ?
    haha!! funny

Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...shop-1-8653539

Here's hoping the staff are ok, I was heading in today to drop off two Rolex before I got a voicemail saying they have cancelled my appointment with apologies due to an incident at the shop, im amazed they called me with that going on, I thought they would have been too busy with other priorities so fair play!
    Unbelievable!

(That you had an "appointment" to drop off two watches)

Master
    Will they just be "fixed" by a dodgy jeweller so the numbers can't be read or will they make up fake papers etc for them? I know Mick P had mentioned the ease that fake papers can be made

Master
    Makes you wonder why there is not a central database of stolen watches that the public can check. It's not that technically hard to do or indeed / maintain.

Police, Insurance companies, traders etc can log and users can simply enter the make and a serial number, think DVLA Mot / Tax lookup.

What a database wouldn't be able to show is false serial #'s

Blog Entries

Oh dear

I was in there last Thursday and always find the team helpful. Hope there not to mentally scarred by this and the scum get caught? Nightmare

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Makes you wonder why there is not a central database of stolen watches that the public can check. It's not that technically hard to do or indeed / maintain.

Police, Insurance companies, traders etc can log and users can simply enter the make and a serial number, think DVLA Mot / Tax lookup.

What a database wouldn't be able to show is false serial #'s
    Think there is, isn't there ? Sure Haywood set something up for Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Think there is, isn't there ? Sure Haywood set something up for Rolex

No there isnt. Rolex has their own internal checks which they will not share, Haywood has his internal one as well. But there is not "public" list.

Craftsman
    Scumbags - glad the staff weren't harmed (physically anyway)

Master
    A friend works in a high end clothes store just about opposite and watched it happen. I never appreciated the mental stress just witnessing something like this caused. They first thought it may be a terrorist attack and locked all the customers in!

Pretty sick, It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them end up been sold overseas to help avoid them been traced. I guess though even selling on ebay uk could work as nobody shows serial numbers in sales, and a buyer who wasn't on the lookout for it been stolen wouldn't know until service time when they would be in for a unpleasant shock. I wonder what Rolex does when it receives a stolen watch for service?

I am sure that Rolex would not return the watch, and would pass on the details to the police.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakius View Post
    I wonder what Rolex does when it receives a stolen watch for service?
    They retain it. Lots of discussion on this in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    They retain it. Lots of discussion on this in the past.
    OK thanks, I thought that would probably be the case. I would assume they would have to give it to the relevant authorities if it was stolen from a customer, as otherwise they would be holding stolen goods themselves.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    No there isnt. Rolex has their own internal checks which they will not share, Haywood has his internal one as well. But there is not "public" list.
    In the trade we all have every serial number sold or purchased on database and can search at anytime to ascertain where it has come from or to whom it sold
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    In the trade we all have every serial number sold or purchased on database and can search at anytime to ascertain where it has come from or to whom it sold
    Really? so if a watch was stolen in Japan and i try to sell it in the U.K. you guys would know? I don't think there is a central database, tho i'm sure u guys have a trade database of the serial numbers reported to the police etc in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Just a call away if we have any doubts.

Hence why purchasing from a reputable dealer who will insure against such an event comes at a slight cost.

Instagram @blowersmayfair
    RIAC

Craftsman
    What , the whole of the trade ? You know every watch bought and sold , since when ?!

Grand Master
    Yes I have the details of every watch that I have bought or sold for a considerable amount of years since we have been computerised

RIAC

Master
    Yes I have the details of every watch that I have bought or sold for a considerable amount of years since we have been computerised

Ditto - it is just good practice, but amazing how many in the trade do NOT do this. Many don't even have a record of the numbers of watches they currently have in stock! This becomes clear when they have a robbery but don't know the numbers of the watches taken.

Haywood.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    This becomes clear when they have a robbery but don't know the numbers of the watches taken.

Haywood.
    Maybe that is deliberate ... oh yes sir, we had 5 milsubs in the safe ...

Master
    So the answer is basically Joe Public cannot enter a stolen watch, or indeed search a list.....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by In the trade we all have every serial number sold or purchased on database and can search at anytime to ascertain where it has come from or to whom it sold[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=100thmonkey;4424290

Yes I appreciate this but you stated that you would know where a watch came from , so I naturally assumed you were involved in a Trade only database . I guess most in the trade would have records of sales if nothing else for VAT records?
    So If a chap came in to sell you a watch and it hadnt been through the shop previously you work at then you wouldnt know if it had been stolen or anything else in reality?
    Last edited by Tomaitch; 19th July 2017 at 11:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post

Yes I appreciate this but you stated that you would know where a watch came from , so I naturally assumed you were involved in a Trade only database . I guess most in the trade would have records of sales if nothing else for VAT records?
    So If a chap came in to sell you a watch and it hadnt been through the shop previously you work at then you wouldnt know if it had been stolen or anything else in reality?
    There are other databases that can be used, such as CheckMend. That uses police lost & stolen records, and has certainly worked well for my company in the past

Chris

Grand Master
    [QUOTE=Tomaitch;4425406][QUOTE=In the trade we all have every serial number sold or purchased on database and can search at anytime to ascertain where it has come from or to whom it sold[/QUOTE

So If a chap came in to sell you a watch and it hadnt been through the shop previously you work at then you wouldnt know if it had been stolen or anything else in reality?[/QUOTE]

Very true. However as a business we insure against this and if sold then you are insured against it also should it ever transpire that it was lost or stolen.

RIAC

I walked through Victoria Quarter yesterday, the shop was closed and the windows were blanked out. It just looked like that the store has closed down.

Crikey, I was in there on that day! They have some decent stock and are always friendly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    Crikey, I was in there on that day! They used to have some decent stock and are always friendly.
    Edited. Too soon?