closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moon watch clasp winge!

Moon watch clasp winge!

Virtually no micro adjustment and no half-link available... I can't get a decent fit whatever I do.

Whats that all about then?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Virtually no micro adjustment and no half-link available... I can't get a decent fit whatever I do.

Either lose weight or put some on....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Either lose weight or put some on....

I was actually thinking a bit of bubble wrap...

You must have bought the wrong one, mine came with a 5mm clasp adjustment with three settings and half links on the bracelet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You must have bought the wrong one, mine came with a 5mm clasp adjustment with three settings and half links on the bracelet
    I am pretty sure mine has neither a half link nor a "comfort clasp" as per your photos (it's the modern, standard hesalite Speedmanster).

As a result, mine is either slightly too loose or slightly too tight and consequently I never wear it on the bracelet, which is a shame.

Master
    Mind you, I have skinny wrists so I have to remove so many links from watch bracelets that they always look a bit odd.

Also skinny wrists mean that deployants and anything but the thinnest of straps just don't work as the curve is too much.

I spent a fortune on a BOB deployant strap and buckle and it's useless for my wrists.

WTF? It's only a month old, from an AD too.

someone will be getting a phone callb tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I am pretty sure mine has neither a half link nor a "comfort clasp" as per your photos (it's the modern, standard hesalite Speedmanster).

As a result, mine is either slightly too loose or slightly too tight and consequently I never wear it on the bracelet, which is a shame.
    I was only taking the mick out of Tony. I have seen people on the OF having a good moan about this subject.

My watch is the new Co-axial Moonphase. It clearly shows that Omega do make these things, but choose which watches to put them on.

Ditto!

Master

My watch is the new Co-axial Moonphase. It clearly shows that Omega do make these things, but choose which watches to put them on.
    Ahh yes, of course - I forgot.

Well, given that these parts exist, I assume they can be supplied and fitted? As per Matt68 doing similar to his SeMPc? Perhaps via the Boutique only though?

In any case, I quite like all the fancy "NASA" style NATO's I've bought for it!

My pl ocean and also my SMPc come with no micro. Frankly it's pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Luckily mine sits just right but I understand the frustration. There's no excuse for not offering micro adjust at £500, never mind £3k!

Same. I've been wearing mine on velcro - either GGB, or a slightly tougher Bremont. Both work very well.

http://i.imgur.com/T03rB90.jpg

It is not meant to be worn one bracelet but you should definitely call your AD and ask him why he gave you one with an older ( presumably) bracelet.

The lug distance on mine is 21mm. If anyone is interested I can post images of the part numbers of the bracelet and clasp.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    It is not meant to be worn one bracelet but you should definitely call your AD and ask him why he gave you one with an older ( presumably) bracelet.
    AFAIK, and unless someone's going to pop in with proof, the basic Moonwatch Pro, the hesalite crystal/solid caseback, comes with the new, basic bracelet - screwed links, no half link, and only two pairs of holes in the clasp, so hardly micro adjustment.

Master

Mine has one micro adjust.

Master
    Ahh yes, of course - I forgot.

Well, given that these parts exist, I assume they can be supplied and fitted? As per Matt68 doing similar to his SeMPc? Perhaps via the Boutique only though?

In any case, I quite like all the fancy "NASA" style NATO's I've bought for it!
    Yes the micro adjustable Clasp can be fitted, but you need the additional end links for the Speedy, unlike the SMPc where you just need the Clasp!

There are a few rumours that Omega are going to stop supplying these Clasps unless you can prove you own the actual Watch it was made for ( 300 Spectre )

My Speedy lives on Leather so i'm not fussed, but fitting the micro Clasp to my SMPc was money well spent, as Tony has said with his Speedy, was either to loose or to tight, the Clasps are surprisingly inexpensive too!

Mine has one micro adjust.

By "micro adjust", do you mean that the bracelet has a choice of two sets of holes for the springbar? Or that there's some property level with the pushbutton that allows for adjustment?

Master
    Just the option with the spring bar. I suspect that one hole movement is probably equivalent of a quarter link.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    By "micro adjust", do you mean that the bracelet has a choice of two sets of holes for the springbar? Or that there's some property level with the pushbutton that allows for adjustment?
    It's just the two holes you see on the clasp - clearly not enough as the posts on this thread demonstrate.

So, are we saying that the superior clasp can be fitted to the links on my bracelet?

It's just the two holes you see on the clasp - clearly not enough as the posts on this thread demonstrate.
    I thought so. And yes, I agree. I can't get comfortable. And by the way, thank you for hte Speedie Tuesday NATO, Tony - picked it up today!

Master

So, are we saying that the superior clasp can be fitted to the links on my bracelet?
    Between swapping full link, half link and moving between the 2 holes, you should be able to get a right fit, no?

I thought so. And yes, I agree. I can't get comfortable. And by the way, thank you for hte Speedie Tuesday NATO, Tony - picked it up today!
    Pleasure

It is normally just a sliding mechanism, no tools involved. Here are three images of mine, the gap is 5mm when fully open, 3 settings, open, middle and closed (as such).

Between swapping full link, half link and moving between the 2 holes, you should be able to get a right fit, no?

There's no half link, and the coaxial bracelet half link won't fit either.

Edit: Ken, that's a different bracelet so you're likely to confuse anyone who hasn't picked up on that.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 3rd July 2017 at 17:59.

As Tony said, basic Moonwatch - no half link, no sliding clasp. Boo.

Master

Did you read post 18?

Master

NATO

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Did you read post 18?
    Yes. What do you mean by "additional end links" (sorry if I'm being dense)?

Just put a link back on and its now way too loose.

I think I'm going to go Hirsch curved end.

Buy the seamaster micro adjustable clasp.

5 adjustments total. Smallest, biggest, and 3 between.

Master
    Just put a link back on and its now way too loose.

I think I'm going to go Hirsch curved end.

A classy look, no doubt about it.

I did consider getting mine sized so that I could wear it occasionally - however the pitiful lack of adjustment decided me against it so it went straight back into the gigantic moonwatch box (another irritation)

OK, so I am a little biased as I don't really like bracelets, but this one is very poor considering the price point of this watch. Its not just the lack of adjustment its the fact that its too thick and seems out of proportion to the watch head.

I would rather a nice leather strap had been supplied instead - at least it would be something that I could wear.

^^^ Agree!

Anyway, I just found a lovely Dornblueth alligator strap with contrast stitching, and popped it on. Thoughts?

Last edited by learningtofly; 3rd July 2017 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I would rather a nice leather strap had been supplied instead - at least it would be something that I could wear.
    When you look on main dealers sites you have a choice, moonwatch on steel or moonwatch on leather.

As Tony said, basic Moonwatch - no half link, no sliding clasp. Boo.
    Does seem crazy when the previous bracelet had both options, what ever was their thinking?

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ Agree!

Anyway, I just found a lovely Dornblueth alligator strap with contrast stitching, and popped it on. Thoughts?

Looks good to me, similar to what I've been considering for my ST when it arrives.

Master
    Yes. What do you mean by "additional end links" (sorry if I'm being dense)?
    They are different end links Tony, not to be confused with half links, for some reason you need them on the Speedy bracelet where as you don't on the bond, its obviously going to make the modification more costly, but still worth it given the fitment problems your having, you cant put a price on comfort and fitment if you are going to be wearing the Watch a lot!

Matt

When you look on main dealers sites you have a choice, moonwatch on steel or moonwatch on leather.
    I didn't know that. Being as I was being tight and looking for a nearly new second hand one my options were limited.

Blog Entries
    I have put the adjustable clasp on my Speedy and two POs. The adjustable clasp is fantastic and highly recommended.

I recently purchased a PO mesh and got the 'monster' clasp. In reality too heavy for me so I am looking for the classic seatbelt option to swap out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well, that's the adjustable clasp ordered then :)

Grand Master
    Can't believe Omega don't get this right!

A half-link, together with adjustment on the clasp, would cover all bases. It's so bloody obvious but why do they still supply watches without sufficient fine adjustment? The old 2254.50 was a case in point, only supplied with one half link when it really needs two to get adequate fine adjustment.

What really amuses me is the stupid suitcase thing the moonwatch now comes in! They should cut out all that crap and focus on getting the bracelet right instead. Yet another example of Omega/Swatch losing the plot.

As for the adjustble clasp modification, why don't the arrogant Swiss bozos take heed of what customers actually want? They're charging enough for the watches!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Can't believe Omega don't get this right!

A half-link, together with adjustment on the clasp, would cover all bases. It's so bloody obvious but why do they still supply watches without sufficient fine adjustment? The old 2254.50 was a case in point, only supplied with one half link when it really needs two to get adequate fine adjustment.

What really amuses me is the stupid suitcase thing the moonwatch now comes in! They should cut out all that crap and focus on getting the bracelet right instead. Yet another example of Omega/Swatch losing the plot.

As for the adjustble clasp modification, why don't the arrogant Swiss bozos take heed of what customers actually want? They're charging enough for the watches!

Paul
    Totally in agreement, Paul. Somewhat surprised that none of the staff in the OB proposed this as a solution, too... in fact, they had no idea it could be done.

Yes, the suitcase within the wooden box within the cardboard box sit brooding in my loft winding me up every time I think about them. Mind you, I kind of knew they would which is why when I posted a WTB I initially specified the previous model with a more human sized red box.

Less money spent on this frippery and more on the bracelet would have been welcome.

I'm using a 1499/842 bracelet from late 90s on my Speedie.
    With only an extra hole on the clasp (about half size of a link) the adjustment is easy and I find it comfortable on my 6,75' wrist.
    It's probably the best modern design Speedie bracelet with a vintage type tapering towards the clasp.

Master
    Well, that's the adjustable clasp ordered then :)
    Good lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Good lad.
    Yes, thanks Matt (and Michael). In the interim, i think I've found a fantastic strap solution... the Hirsch Heritage (the successor to the discontinued Terra, aka the Asso-alike). I put one of the on my PAM512 so was pretty sure I'd like the result...

Master
    Yes, thanks Matt (and Michael). In the interim, i think I've found a fantastic strap solution... the Hirsch Heritage (the successor to the discontinued Terra, aka the Asso-alike). I put one of the on my PAM512 so was pretty sure I'd like the result...

Definite match.

Moon watch clasp winge!

That does look really great

My moon watch bracelet fits well, except the clasp isn't at all centred properly. Back to the Omega boutique for another adjustment:(

If that doesn't do it I might pick up one of those Hirsch straps

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mass Market Watch

I think the cheaper bracelet comes down to $'s and cents. This is the mass market watch and they want to keep the price point low, so they have to sacrifice something and it is the bracelet adjustment.