closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Supermotards. Let me seee them!

Supermotards. Let me seee them!

I've been a biker for 30 years and have owned pretty much every option available at some point. Currently own a CBR1000RR and a 1200GS. Really looking for a fun user and I know the TZ massive hase a lot of knowledge in the bike field. I'm drawn toward MSupermotos as a street/race compromise and currently looking at a Dorsoduro Aprilia, A Ducati Hypermotard 1100s and mostly a KTM990. Any owners here care to shed some light on these bikes for me?
    Thanks
    Ray

I had fun in the CCM endurance race series that they used to put on, but only had a DRZ400SM on the road, which was far too compromised for me - I treat my R1200GS as an overgrown SM :)
    It's just a matter of time...

I had a ktm640sm but didn't really get on with it.

Had great fun on my wrf450 on super Moto wheels though. I think it was a weight thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I had a ktm640sm but didn't really get on with it.

Had great fun on my wrf450 on super Moto wheels though. I think it was a weight thing.
    My brother still has a WR426 with SM wheel - that was fun :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    My brother still has a WR426 with SM wheel - that was fun :)
    If you could start the bugger!

To be fair, I never had trouble starting the wr400 but it was more convenient on the 450 with the button!

I have an 1100S and it is a great bike. I have turned mine into a bit of a tourer with small screen and luggage rack on the back. The bikes are solid though, I have done 30k miles on mine now with no issues - do benefit from improved clutch slave cylinder and need some protection around the rear wheel if used in the wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I have an 1100S and it is a great bike. I have turned mine into a bit of a tourer with small screen and luggage rack on the back. The bikes are solid though, I have done 30k miles on mine now with no issues - do benefit from improved clutch slave cylinder and need some protection around the rear wheel if used in the wet.

Pics? Did you consider or try any others before getting the 1100S.