closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster aficionados... thoughts on this Schumacher model?

Master

Speedmaster aficionados... thoughts on this Schumacher model?

So whilst searching for a rare Panerai, I somehow inadvertently found an Omega dealer with this Speedmaster 35075100 as brand new NOS stock. Oddly, at the F1 yesterday, amongst all the millions of Rolex wearers, I spotted one on a man's wrist and thought it looked really nice from a distance.

It's a watch I've always liked the design of (reminds me of that Paul Newman-style Panda-look ever so slightly) but I don't really know too much about it.

With the date, I'm guessing it's a Co-Axial model. Is that an issue at all and I'm guessing it's the 44.25mm case?

Any thoughts/views/comparisons would be good, thanks

Craftsman
    Pic not working for me?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Love its looks. If it's 44mm case, I'm out.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure it'll be a 42mm - it should be the older pre 8xxx coaxial movement? Nothing wrong with them as far as I'm aware

The Schumacher Omegas and particularly auto Speedmasters aren't universally loved by WIS but I agree, this one's actually pretty nice.
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 17th July 2017 at 10:19.

Come on Wayne, you don't need advice on buying a watch. If it looks good to your eye then go for it. I must admit that I looked at the image before reading your text and I was also reminded of the PN Daytona.

This 44.25mm is a load of old guff. My Speedmaster Moonphase is 44.25mm wide, but the outer edge of the bezel is 40mm, the case is about 42.5mm and an additional 2mm for the crown head sticking out. It looks and wears just like a 42mm Speedmaster on my 7" wrist. I would try it on and ignore any preconceptions that you might have had about size.

Craftsman
    It's a 42mm case Wayne, think it's got the 3301 movement in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Very nice Speedmaster.

I know its a design that precedes both pieces, but this looks remarkably familiar...

Master
    Thanks for the replies. Very tempting in the 42mm pro case. The 44.25mm is too large for my wrist but this would be fine.

Master
    Guff or not, some co-ax Speedies are 42mm and some are 44mm, the 44mm with the older 3313 movement definitely does wear bigger than the 861 Speedy Pro or 42mm co-ax. Here is one of each size, both using the 3313. :

Master
    Great comparison. I had no idea there was a 42mm pro speedy with date slim really interested in this watch now. If I can get it at a good price it may be a decent sporty Chrono option.

I like it Wayne. I think the red on the dial livens it up nicely (without going as far as the Tintin - couldn't live with that one...).

Simon

Windsor Bishop in Norwich have a used one of these for £2500 which seems quite competitive at current speedie prices. Was quite tempted myself as a big F1 and Ferrari fan. Looked like 40 or 42mm to me.

I quite like it apart from the sub dial hands.
    "A man of little significance"

Looks good to me

I really like it, much better looking than some of the editions.
    Cheers..
    Jase

One of “The Legend” collection that came in three models:

Wasn't there two versions of this, the Legend LE of 6000 (was it 2000 of each colour?) and a Schumacher LE of 500? Wayne do you have a case back shot?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Wasn't there two versions of this, the Legend LE of 6000 (was it 2000 of each colour?) and a Schumacher LE of 500? Wayne do you have a case back shot?
    Oh, could be. Waiting to hear back from the AD on price and asked for photos so will update the thread when they get back to me

Master
    Be wary. The pre coax 330X movement models did have issues and were current around 10-15 years ago so this may not be the bargain you think if it turns out to have a problem. Bear in mind Omega moved off the xxxx.xx.xx naming format about 8 years ago too, again suggesting this was manufactured quite some time ago. I love my 3313 movement model (the silver dial one above) but they are pricey to start with and don't hold their value like the 1861 movement Pro models.
    Last edited by Padders; 18th July 2017 at 09:04.