closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The death of Doctor Who??

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Having watch every incarnation since the first one I am somewhat taken aback by this.

It could work I guess.

Cant be any worse than Tennant - I thought that he was truly terrible and out of kilter with what had gone before.

Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    How dare you presume to know what my opinions are? You must be feeling very upset, so I'll forgive you. This once.

I have no especial opinion on there being a female doctor who, but I remember very clearly my feelings in the early eighties when the ineffably wet Tristan from the James Herriot programmes was made Doctor Who. If that diffident piece of fluff was acceptable, why shouldn't some fruity blonde? At least she seems to have some steel in her eyes, which is more than could be said for Peter Davidson.
    I rest my case! You accused me plain and simple of having an issue with a female doctor but not with an effeminate (in your eyes) Peter Davidson. I am simply a traditionalist there have been 12 male Doctors, so why rock the boat?

Gender fluidity as part of regeneration was already in canon - no one cried about Missy/Master. Anyone complaining about this has either not watched Doctor Who lately, or is a misogynist.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    The so called BBC have missed their chance to pander to the Politically Correct Perpetually Offended Progressive Zealots.
    It should have been a black disabled lesbian transgender dwarf with a nut allergy.
    You cant say that!! You get chased out of town by all Corbyn's Momentum Guardian reading deciples :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    See this >>>>>>>>>

thats how much I care.

its not the actress that's important - it's the quality of the script - which has been sadly lacking for about 10 years.
    Exactement.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Gender fluidity as part of regeneration was already in canon - no one cried about Missy/Master. Anyone complaining about this has either not watched Doctor Who lately, or is a misogynist.
    Ever heard of Tradition?? 12 male Doctors's would suggest a certain tradition and to accuse anyone who disagrees with a female doctor, as misogynist is rather desperate.

This is a question:

Were you angry when that terrible wuss Peter Davidson was made Doctor?
    This is another question:

What is it that masculinity gave Peter Davidson but which the new Doctor will be unavoidably lacking?
    This is someone so worked up they can't even read:

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    You accused me plain and simple of having an issue with a female doctor

Wuh?

The death of Doctor Who??

Ever heard of evolution? Stagnation is death, and after 12 attempts he finally made it to being a woman.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Ever heard of Tradition?? 12 male Doctors's would suggest a certain tradition and to accuse anyone who disagrees with a female doctor, as misogynist is rather desperate.
    I take it you've not watched the show for the past three years? The Master was regenerated as a woman - Missy. Did you complain about that? If not why not?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

In order to cope with your distress at the casting of a female Doctor Who, you could always try growing up and watching programs made for adults instead of children's teatime telly.

Craftsman
    The wife is a " whovian" and says it's about time and surprised there hasn't been a coloured Dr , I'm very unconvinced she can carry it off as the male Dr is generally very quirky and odd with some backbone etc ...

I never really understood why the BBC resurrected this tosh in the first place. They should have left it well dead and buried after Sylvester McCoy's tenure.

Oh no! The McCoy bomb has been dropped. Wont be long until game over man.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Oh no! The McCoy bomb has been dropped. Wont be long until game over man.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I never really understood why the BBC resurrected this tosh in the first place. They should have left it well dead and buried after Sylvester McCoy's tenure.
    Like any long running show it's had its ups and downs. Sylvestor McCoy's tenure was particularly awful. Saying that, it's still one of the few shows that families with kids in the tricky 7-12 age bracket can sit down and enjoy together.

Looking forward to seeing how the show develops.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Like any long running show it's had its ups and downs. Sylvestor McCoy's tenure was particularly awful. Saying that, it's still one of the few shows that families with kids in the tricky 7-12 age bracket can sit down and enjoy together.
    Why not bring back Noel's House Party on that basis then?

The state broadcaster loves to flog a dead light entertaiment horse. Look at Top Gear, or Last of the Summer Wine. FFS, they were still persisting with The Black & White Minstrel Show almost into the eighties.

The real shock is not that there is a female Dr. It's that most people on TZUK are actually ok with it!

I rest my case! You accused me plain and simple of having an issue with a female doctor but not with an effeminate (in your eyes) Peter Davidson. I am simply a traditionalist there have been 12 male Doctors, so why rock the boat?
    You're not a traditionalist, you're a misogynist. If you were simply a traditionalist, then you'd be living in a mud hut and hunting your food. You'd also refuse to use the internet, and would be shouting at the wireless over this issue...

Exactly. A load of whining little crybabies that can't handle the fact that a time travelling alien is now a gender not their own. Utterly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    The real shock is not that there is a female Dr. It's that most people on TZUK are actually ok with it!
    And that's a good thing. Shows that TZUK isn't as misogynistic as some daily mail readers would want prefer to be 😉

It used to be a tradition to have slaves, mostly black people. Would you agree that traditions are not always something that should be continued ?
    Sobbing manbabies getting worked up over this totally minor issue is just so funny, but also very very tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    You're not a traditionalist, you're a misogynist. If you were simply a traditionalist, then you'd be living in a mud hut and hunting your food. You'd also refuse to use the internet, and would be shouting at the wireless over this issue...

Exactly. A load of whining little crybabies that can't handle the fact that a time travelling alien is now a gender not their own. Utterly pathetic.

And that's a good thing. Shows that TZUK isn't as misogynistic as some daily mail readers would want prefer to be 
    I assume you don't visit the 'Boy's Room'

It used to be a tradition to have slaves, mostly black people. Would you agree that traditions are not always something that should be continued ?
    Sobbing manbabies getting worked up over this totally minor issue is just so funny, but also very very tragic.
    You are just an ignorant idiot

You are just an ignorant idiot
    Better that than a 'traditionalist' snowflake who can't handle a kids TV show having a main character of a different gender 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    The so called BBC have missed their chance to pander to the Politically Correct Perpetually Offended Progressive Zealots.
    It should have been a black disabled lesbian transgender dwarf with a nut allergy.
    Funnily enough I said exactly the same thing to my wife last night except I added vegan in as well.

Blog Entries
    A load of whining little crybabies that can't handle the fact that a time travelling alien is now a gender not their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how the show develops.
    I'm looking forward to Episode One "The Sonic Screwdriver". The doctor realises he's now got a new place to keep his sonic screwdriver. I doubt he/she will be leaving the tardis for some time.

An absolute disgrace in my opinion. What next? Real life female doctors? Female pilots? PC gone mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    An absolute disgrace in my opinion. What next? Real life female doctors? Female pilots? PC gone mad!
    Indeed. If we let that happen, next thing they'll be wearing normal sized watches as well. This must be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I'm looking forward to Episode One "The Sonic Screwdriver". The doctor realises he's now got a new place to keep his sonic screwdriver. I doubt he/she will be leaving the tardis for some time.
    God help Davros when she's got the painters in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Thanks for this post. I think you've inedvertently hit on the misunderstanding that those who are defending the BBC's lamentable decision are suffering from (or I'll assume so, perhaps too charitably).

The problem isn't that a Time Lord, a Doctor or a random member of any other profession has been cast as a female. The problem is that a long-established, particular male character has been cast as a female.

It's actually the height of misandry to suggest that a person's maleness is utterly unimportant, a disposable part of their identity. I feel certain that if the BBC commissioned a Mister Marple series, the same culprits defending the BBC here would be shrieking "sexism!" at the top of their virtual keyboard voices, probably with sustained use of their caps lock key.

Isn't this just a kiddies sci-fi programme?

I find it amusing that in a fictional universe that has time travel, re-generation and aliens that the lead character being female for the first time has caused such uproar amongst fans for being stupid and not right 🤣🤣🤣

Sonic screwdriver is going to need fresh batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    Given that The Dr has regenerated into a completely different persona many times over the years I can't see the problem. Is it any more of a gamble than any radically new or different character?... and there have been many.
    Not a big fan so not bothered either way, but don't think is political correctness gone mad either.

If the Dr had a say in the process surely he would want to try out being a woman or even non-human at some stage ?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    Quite. Or at least, not in the middle of the 19th century, where some are still trying to live.
    In post Brexit Britain, the female doctor will be cancelled and reinstated ´properly´ male.

I would have a preferred a public vote, just like the public vote that brought back Doctor Who in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

In order to cope with your distress at the casting of a female Doctor Who, you could always try growing up and watching programs made for adults instead of children's teatime telly.
    Fair comment.

I lost interest in Dr Who when I was about eight. I can't believe grown people would care enough about a kids show TBH.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post

If the Dr had a say in the process surely he would want to try out being a woman or even non-human at some stage ?
    Well, if he had a say I am quite sure he would be over the purple double moon of Centauri XXVI. I know I would sign up to be reincarnated as her or a woman like thus. What man of sound mind would not??!!
    Good for him/her/it!!

Don't panic, it will be fine. They cant drive so she never be able to steer the Tardis.........................

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Yes.

Or Emilia Fox perhaps.
    Serena Williams as Felix Leiter.

M.

I wonder what the Tardis will look like inside, and where she'll place the candles and cushions?

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Why not bring back Noel's House Party on that basis then?
    Tranny Mr Blobby doesn't bear thinking about!!

Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    Sonic screwdriver is going to need fresh batteries.
    ...and detailed instructions.

I'm trying to work out what a female Dalek would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I'm trying to work out what a female Dalek would look like.
    Ex fo liate!!!!

Ex fo liate!!!!!