closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Disney Orlando parking question.

Disney Orlando parking question.

It's been 20+ years since my last visit, now venturing with 3 kids in tow!

I don't recall paying for parking, but apparently it is $20/day.

Does anyone know if you have to pay twice for parking if you exit the car park in the afternoon and return to the park in the evening? Can't find the answer anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    It's been 20+ years since my last visit, now venturing with 3 kids in tow!

I don't recall paying for parking, but apparently it is $20/day.

Does anyone know if you have to pay twice for parking if you exit the car park in the afternoon and return to the park in the evening? Can't find the answer anywhere.

I went in April. Keep the little paper receipt they give you and you can park in any Disney car park all day on the day you buy the ticket. Handy if you're doing more than one park in a day.

Great, thanks!

We were there in June and used parking tickets at multiple parks in a day. This was mainly to go back for firework displays.

Have you booked your fast passes yet? If you are staying in a Disney hotel you can book 60 days ahead, otherwise it's 30 days. It is essential to do this.

The Disney app is also essential. We used it every day to monitor queue times and book extra fast passes after using our initial 3. I'm on 3 so got free data there.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 15th July 2017 at 20:36.

Not booked fast passes yet, trying to get agreement on what to do and when!

Got the app, some scary wait times that will only increase in August!

Got 5x 3 SIM's lined up for US data, seems very good value compared to Vodafone.

You have to decide your schedule asap. I booked our fast passes as soon as I could each day they became available. There were some rides that had already sold out for the day. Give up all hope of the 7 Dwarves Mine Train for example.

How old are your kids?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I queued for the new dwarf mine one in Nov with my young one. Took a few hours and was very similar to Thunder mountain (in fact I think Thunder mountain was better)

I also used the 3 sim. Worked perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post

..How old are your kids?
    9, 14 & 15. Trying to pin them down to what they want to do is like pulling teeth! Any advice gratefully received.

My two are 4 and 9. We were in Orlando for 10 days. We went to Magic Kingdom for 3 days, Animal Kingdom 2 and EPCOT and Hollywood Studios 1 each. We also went to Kennedy Space Center which was excellent. We didn't go to Universal because there's not much my 4yo could go on.

How long are you there for? I chose the days we went to each Disney park based on which had extra Magic hours, avoiding the days which had them at the park. There's a website which lists the best park to go to each day of the year based on historic attendance. Their advice seemed to work OK.

Got 10 nights in Orlando. 14 day pass for Disney and Universal that will clearly not get fully utilised. 3 nights in Duck Key and then 5 nights in Clearwater.

Thought we might 'nip' back into Orlando from Clearwater, until I realised it was a 2.5 hour drive!

Only bought Disney tickets as an after thought as I thought Universal would be more interesting for the older children.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Universal is well worth a visit - use valet parking for the zero hassle option.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Once you have paid you can park at any park for the day
    If stopping on Disney property parking is free but you would probably use Disney transport anyway
    If you have any questions please ask I've been doing Disney for the last 20 yrs going 3 times a year

Might be of use to anyone going to America, EE are offering upgrades to the top sim only deal which is normally £41.99 for £25 allowing full use of your phone in the USA. If you are due an upgrade might be worth checking.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    We came back from Orlando last week. Parking starts at $20 at Disney & Universal. You can pay extra for preferred parking (closer to the entrance - $30) or $40 for valet parking. You can park at one Disney park and use your parking ticket at any of the others.

Couple of tips: definitely use your Fastpass at Disney. The iPhone app for Disney (and Universal) shows wait times for each ride and they can be brutal during the day (we saw 3 hour queues at the premium rides). The Disney app enables you to book 3 fast pass times per day. We didn't have fast pass at Universal (it was an additional $150 per day, per person!!) but found that the queues at that park were nowhere near as bad as Disney, and unless you/the kids really want to go on the vomit-inducing rides like the Hulk coaster, we didn't have to queue for much more than 20 mins at worst.

Oh and avoid the new Volcana Bay park like the plague. We were really looking forward to it, but they haven't got it right yet (it's only been open a month or so). They are currently jamming far too many people in, so there's nowhere to sit, queues out of th doors to get food and drink and the rides have 2-3 hour wait times. We lasted 90 mins there and spoke to some staff on the bus back to the carpark, and they were saying what a shambles it is at the moment.

Feel free to ping me a PM if you have any questions - it's all very fresh in the mind!

We go quite often. If not staying on property, we will park at one of the garages at Disney Marketplace/Downtown Disney and use the free Disney transportation system.

Quote Originally Posted by ELD1970 View Post

Might be of use to anyone going to America, EE are offering upgrades to the top sim only deal which is normally £41.99 for £25 allowing full use of your phone in the USA. If you are due an upgrade might be worth checking.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I must be old skool and probably set in my ways, but we leave phones behind when going on holiday.

May be useful for emergencies, but I find wifi is never more than a couple of minutes away.