closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 30 years old and still looking good.

Master

30 years old and still looking good.

My Datejust is still able to keep up with more modern watches, I've not worn this for a while but it's going to get more wrist time.

Master
    I like the way the bracelet and the case is sort of "flat" and really flows together on these older watches - probably because they're thin by today's standards.

Lovely, and a classic

Master
    Very nice, have you had it for those 30 years?

Journeyman
    classic dateless designs. should last another 30 years really

Craftsman
    this is a stunning watch

I love the way that the hands and hour markers stand out so well from the dial despite both being gold. The excellent contrast of matt and polished means they contrast whatever the lighting conditions.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Very nice, have you had it for those 30 years?
    Almost...
    I've always had a thing for Rolex watches and I bought my first one when I was 16 for £200 (s/steel date) when I was an apprentice on £38 a week.
    My father knew the manager of a now long gone AD and a customer had received this watch but would rather the cash, a deal was done and my father bought the watch.
    I later found the watch in a safe at his work and he said it belonged to a customer, I asked to try it on and remember thinking the watch was amazing! It was quickly removed to another secret place and there it stayed until it was given to me on my 21st. several years later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    Almost...
    I've always had a thing for Rolex watches and I bought my first one when I was 16 for £200 (s/steel date) when I was an apprentice on £38 a week.
    My father knew the manager of a now long gone AD and a customer had received this watch but would rather the cash, a deal was done and my father bought the watch.
    I later found the watch in a safe at his work and he said it belonged to a customer, I asked to try it on and remember thinking the watch was amazing! It was quickly removed to another secret place and there it stayed until it was given to me on my 21st. several years later.
    Fantastic! You'll never part with that… shrewd investment too

Very nice indeed. I bought mine new in 1984, wore it 24/7 for over 20 years until I found this place. It's worn in rotation now and gains less than a second per day, my most accurate watch and my only true keeper. That 20 years of wear was when I was a firefighter, and also included many outdoor sports.

F.T.F.A.

Master
    That's a great looking watch, I really like the dial. The classic Champagne dial looks good but not the easiest to read as I get older!

Blog Entries
    Hope mine lasts as long!! Just loving the Jubilee bracelet.

Apprentice
    IMG_0268.JPG
    Mine is 26, love it and it runs at +2.4 spd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Mine is 60 years old (and currently with, and being worn by my son). Bought by my father on my birthday in 1957, so he obviously always intended it to be an heirloom.

CS Bedford in Ruislip recently had it in, and could not believe how good the condition was, and suggested a value of £5500!!