closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor behaviour at Chaka Khan gig.

Poor behaviour at Chaka Khan gig.

I've been going to concerts for nigh 50 years, I pretty much seen and been party to everything from riots to stabbings.
    So when I bought to two tickets for Chaka Khan I expected a bit of middle age Dad dancing and a pretty sedate audience.
    How wrong was I. The audience were made up of mainly very drunk middle aged women. The support act Breeze McKrieth played a few soul classics from George Benson he was really good but the audience were at the bar.
    Two gay women in the seats in front of me talked and petted all through his act not even acknowledging him when he finished.
    Chaka Khan came on, then the masses fell out of the bar, but continued their conversations. 'Man you sound like a football crowd' she told them. The lesbians in front of me barely broke for air continuously texting while talking.
    No dancing other than a few where I was in the balcony, my partner was getting frustrated at the noise of the talking. In the end Chaka Khan gave up and left the stage for 10 minutes, this allowed the now well tanked up hoard to hit the bar again. There was a human drink dispenser selling shots within the crowd! I thought the gig was over, the backing singers and band covered for her. I recorded her solo which was acapella, the crowd nearly drowned her out some even talking with their backs to the stage.
    Two rows in front of me a argument broke out between four drunken 60 year olds! Two women and two guys, they left after a highly vocal rant of swearing and slurring!
    Khan asked the crowd 'I hope your all not drinking and driving?'
    The finally was Chaka Khans two massive 80's hits which at least got the audience singing if not in time.
    She could not wait to get off the stage.
    The two lesbians never clapped once the whole evening, they talked constantly for nigh three hours!!
    We poured out into the warm Southend air amongst masses of drunken women probably being picked up by the hubby?
    At £39 for the cheapest tickets and drinks a nigh £5 a pop I have to question what do people really want? An iconic soul singer who has never visited Southend before, and no doubt will never visit again. Treated so appallingly by a middle aged, wealthy, over weight wine sodden gathering of rude individuals that ruined what should have been such a great show.
    My apologies Chaka for what you experienced I just hope that the audience for the Australian Pink Floyd at the same venue treat that band with a bit more humility.
    Last edited by wildheart; 14th July 2017 at 14:36.

Oh dear!

I feel for you.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Oh dear!

I feel for you.
    Very good!

Aint nobody got any respect nowadays?

...middle-aged, wealthy, over-weight wine sodden...
    Sounds like a GTG.

Sounds like a typical night out in Southend, except Chaka happened to be there?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    You should see some of the fat slags on hen nights around Brighton at the weekends, certainly an eye opener.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Oh dear!

I feel for you.
    Rofpmsl

Well at least she now knows what being every woman feels like.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Treated so appallingly by a middle aged, wealthy, over weight wine sodden gathering of rude individuals that ruined what should have been such a great show.
    Doesn't sound like an ideal experience but I'm surprised that they only let "wealthy" people into the show. Isn't that discriminatory? How did they achieve that level of economic vetting without it causing a public outcry?

Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Doesn't sound like an ideal experience but I'm surprised that they only let "wealthy" people into the show. Isn't that discriminatory? How did they achieve that level of economic vetting without it causing a public outcry?
    40 quid a ticket?
    I know that doesn't mean much on here where we routinely spend more on a watch strap, but to many that's more than a week's groceries
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    40 quid a ticket?
    That must mean that all those who can afford to go to festivals are millionaires!

That must mean that all those who can afford to go to festivals are millionaires!
    Arguably 200 quid for a four day festival is better value than one night seeing chaka khan in Essex, but ymmv

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Arguably 200 quid for a four day festival is better value than one night seeing chaka khan in Essex, but ymmv
    This concert prices are stupid now

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Interesting, I thought you were going to say Chaka was pished up, off key and out of tune as thats how she seemed to me when she was on Jools Holland a year or so back.

Master
    Southend.
    I was surprised until I got to this bit. Now not surprised in the slightest. Since working in central/East London with the public, the people of Essex less green bits provide a constant source of amusement and often despair.

Journeyman
    Southend nice venue lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_king View Post
    Southend nice venue lol
    I'll have you know there are some decent parts of the Essex Riviera.

*studies map*

Now, they're here somewhere...

Alright, I'll have to come back to you.

Journeyman
    I hear basildon is nice also this time of year

Master
    Tonight I am going to see Paul Cox a great Blues singer at Tropic of Ruislip, most people there will be drinking and talking (loudly) through the whole set. Even worse at venues like the Roundhouse, where it is standing only, and as my wife is only 5 feet tall, I do not think she has yet seen an act there. Plus the bars are on the outer ring, so there is a continuous flow of people to the bar then back trying to carry too many drinks and spilling them over all. Why cant they close the bars at least whilst the performance is going on???? Why cant people on a night out manage a short time without alcohol?

Master
    Forty quid for a gig is quite modest these days. U2 (amongst many others, it's true) have ticket prices well up around the £150 mark. Even Cliff Richard was £55 at Cardiff last year. Quite a change from the days when I paid ten shillings to see Yes.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_king View Post
    Southend nice venue lol

Reading's nice!

Journeyman
    My brother in law paid £250 for tickets to fleetwood mac some time ago madness

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    I'll have you know there are some decent parts of the Essex Riviera.

*studies map*

Now, they're here somewhere...

Alright, I'll have to come back to you.
    😂😂

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Reading's nice!
    Slough?

My wife's employer has a box at the Royal Albert Hall which we've been lucky enough to use many times. One concert was Jools Holland. In the seats in front of us was a couple who spent the whole concert drinking, chatting and giggling with some petting thrown in as well. I could hardly hear the concert.
    My wife knew I was getting wound up but I didn't say a word through first half but after the interval, and a couple more drinks no doubt, they got even louder at which point I leant forward and asked them to keep the noise down which worked a bit.
    At the end of the gig they got up before us and the guy started having a right go at me! My wife, who is so easy going, was so pissed off she got up and started giving back!!
    What I don't understand is why go to a concert if all you're going to do is get pissed and chat! Go to the pub instead

I've been going to concerts for nigh 50 years, I pretty much seen and been party to everything from riots to stabbings.
    So when I bought to two tickets for Chaka Khan I expected a bit of middle age Dad dancing and a pretty sedate audience.
    How wrong was I. The audience were made up of mainly very drunk middle aged women. The support act Breeze McKrieth played a few soul classics from George Benson he was really good but the audience were at the bar.
    Two gay women in the seats in front of me talked and petted all through his act not even acknowledging him when he finished.
    Chaka Khan came on, then the masses fell out of the bar, but continued their conversations. 'Man you sound like a football crowd' she told them. The lesbians in front of me barely broke for air continuously texting while talking.
    No dancing other than a few where I was in the balcony, my partner was getting frustrated at the noise of the talking. In the end Chaka Khan gave up and left the stage for 10 minutes, this allowed the now well tanked up hoard to hit the bar again. There was a human drink dispenser selling shots within the crowd! I thought the gig was over, the backing singers and band covered for her. I recorded her solo which was acapella, the crowd nearly drowned her out some even talking with their backs to the stage.
    Two rows in front of me a argument broke out between four drunken 60 year olds! Two women and two guys, they left after a highly rant of swearing and slurring!
    Khan asked the crowd 'I hope your all not drinking and driving?'
    The finally was Chaka Khans two massive 80's hits which at least got the audience singing if not in time.
    She could not wait to get off the stage.
    The two lesbians never clapped once the whole evening, they talked constantly for nigh three hours!!
    We poured out into the warm Southend air amongst masses of drunken women probably being picked up by the hubby?
    At £39 for the cheapest tickets and drinks a nigh £5 a pop I have to question what do people really want? An iconic soul singer who has never visited Southend before, and no doubt will never visit again. Treated so appallingly by a middle aged, wealthy, over weight wine sodden gathering of rude individuals that ruined what should have been such a great show.
    My apologies Chaka for what you experienced I just hope that the audience for the Australian Pink Floyd at the same venue treat that band with a bit more humility.
    At least when I saw Bloc Party there it was only the traditional (plastic) glasses of piss being thrown around. Roundhouse does do seating as mate and I (again Bloc Party) enjoyed the gig in the seated area.
    Rudeness was at Elbow @ Thetford Forest (or Thickford as it's apparently know as) where a couple just barged passed everyone and stuck their vacuous children on their shoulders blocking some old dears views, never a glass handy to fill with piss when you need it, oh and entertainment provided by a middle aged space cadette off her face on drugs-which to be fair seemed to put some youngsters off their tabs.

Journeyman
    Reading's nice!
    I think so lol

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    😂😂

- - - Updated - - -

Slough?
    No how dare you say reading is like Slough. Lol

Foul-mouthed lezzies? Surely not?.............

Reading's nice!
    I do like a good book.

Oh..

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    Foul-mouthed lezzies? Surely not?.............

I don't think hot weather and boiler suits are a good mix at the best of times.

I paid £12 to see Bob Dylan at Earls Court in 1978

Included free cannabis available via the dope infused atmosphere in the part I was standing in

Also saw David Bowie at the same venue that year - I think the tickets were a bit cheaper than Dylans

I think seeing 'the beat' at Hammersmith palais circa '80 was three quid.

Yes, the Clash in the late 70's were always about £3. A gig was the same price as an album. Now a gig is at least 5 times the price of an album.

I looked at the price of lp's recently. 20 or 30 quid! Eeeee in my day I used to trawl through the bargain basement at reckless records in Upper Street. They always had loads of the same Adam and the ants albums, haircut one hundred's first album and 'new boots and panties' by Ian Dury. They couldn't give them away, All the cheap stuff was priced at 10p iirc.
    Last edited by seikopath; 14th July 2017 at 18:36.

Is Chaka's ar$e still that big you could show a film on it ??

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Yes, the Clash in the late 70's were always about £3. A gig was the same price as an album. Now a gig is at least 5 times the price of an album.
    There's a reason ticket prices are now comparatively more expensive than albums relative to twenty or more years ago.

Most tours used to be a "loss-leader" or "break even equation" to promote the artist's latest album.

Now, very few people want to pay for recorded music and no one makes any substantial money from streaming services.

In effect, the reverse is now the case whereby the latest album is a promotion tool for the latest tour.

Therefore, the only viable means of making money for almost all music artists in the modern day is touring (+ merchandise).

It was Essex Paul, all about them,

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Is Chaka's ar$e still that big you could show a film on it ??
    If she stays in the UK another week it will get it's own postcode.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Morning Wood;4420253]If she stays in the UK another week it will
    Ha ha ha.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ugh. Bloody lezzers. They shouldn't allowed out.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Ugh. Bloody lezzers. They shouldn't allowed out.
    'Out' as in coming?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Journeyman
    Nothing wrong with a couple of lezzers lol

Master
    Did someone chuck a can of coke onstage?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    the problem isnt Chaka Khan, the problem is the venue, Southend is a ****hole

Oh dear!

I feel for you.
    We have a winner. Hilarious. Cheers.

They just charge stupid prices for tickets and the drinks!

Like Glastonbury!

M.

Master
    This is not just an Essex thing. I go to loads of gigs and the number of people that just get pissed and talk the whole way through is ridiculous.

People spend huge amounts on tickets, get to a good spot in the crowd and then share the inane crap of their lives in my ear. I generally get to the point of telling them to shut up by the third song. I generally hate the public, why are they intent on ruining my life!

Quote Originally Posted by jl smout View Post
    Did someone chuck a can of coke onstage?
    I got it...

Master
    Nothing wrong with a couple of lezzers lol
    what if the're 60 years old