closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This game needs serious discipline.

Master

This game needs serious discipline.

Well, I do anyway. One day I decided I had too many watches, seven. I decided, in the usual arbitrary way, that four of them should be culled, like helpless little badgers. This was hard, because I greatly enjoyed them all. But, thanks to Sales Corner, the following found more deserving owners.
    First, a Zenith CO2 El Tipo. Boo hoo.
    Then, another Zenith chrono, more 'dressy'.
    Onwards, with a fine GS GMT. Look at that dial ....yummy.
    And last, but certainly not least, an Anniversary edition Grand Seiko spring-drive. Very Japanese in the best sense.
    All gone, and I met some really likeable people too.
    So, what's left . Well,
    So, that's the white gold Daytona. Bit bling...onwards to the second gold Rolex..
    And finally, something more astringent. A 37mm manual wind , Grand Seiko SBGW 035.
    Only trouble is, I am on the list for a Speedy Tuesday, Aaagh!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    You definitely did the right thing getting rid of the wallpaper and rust GS'. They're awful!! I love your Daytona though; one of my favourite watches out there but pics never do it justice.

Craftsman
    I tried to do this myself until I got an itch. Went from selling my 2 watches to now owning 4 Rolex prof models since April. I've got the bug and I need help :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    You definitely did the right thing getting rid of the wallpaper and rust GS'. They're awful!! I love your Daytona though; one of my favourite watches out there but pics never do it justice.
    Another try, it is hard to capture that dial.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    First, a Zenith CO2 El Tipo. Boo hoo.
    I was after one of those for years, saw an advert in a magazine and cut it out, still have it somewhere. Rang the number a few years ago but the company had moved on.

I know you've taken a bit of a ribbing because of it but I really like that Cellini!

Master
    This was my attempt but any kind of yellow artificial light instantly kills the effect...

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    I was after one of those for years, saw an advert in a magazine and cut it out, still have it somewhere. Rang the number a few years ago but the company had moved on.
    Which company?Zenith?
    BTW, this is the reissue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I know you've taken a bit of a ribbing because of it but I really like that Cellini!
    Thank you; I don't mind critical comments, not at all. We like what we like .

Lovely watches. I like the Cellini but would prefe a black dial.

I like the WG Daytona (who wouldn't?) but the 37mm GS is the pick of the bunch for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    I like the WG Daytona (who wouldn't?) but the 37mm GS is the pick of the bunch for me.
    And me.

Master
    Which company?Zenith?
    BTW, this is the reissue.
    I don't think it was Zenith but a small company setup as a dealer, when I eventually rang the number years after the advert a chap answered and sounded a bit annoyed that I hadn't rang while he was still selling them. Maybe he started out but wasn't selling many and lost teh dealership.(This was a few years ago.)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    You definitely did the right thing getting rid of the wallpaper and rust GS'. They're awful!!
    Another prime example proving that I seem to like unpopular watches. The 'wallpaper' dial Seiko is my clear favourite!

Master
    That 'wallpaper and rust' Grand Seiko sold out worldwide within a matter of days. A fabulous looking watch .