closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AP RO Chronograph (26331ST)

AP RO Chronograph (26331ST)

What's the general opinion on the Royal Oak Chronograph?

I know the date placement and lack of inhouse movement divides opinion.

Anyone own or has owned one?

Master
    This one?

Yes, a bit nice!

But would I swap your ceramic Daytona for it? Absolutely!

Link to official AP webpage for this watch

Master
    I'm not an expert on AP's but I saw this earlier and it looked amazing. I can't find the picture I saw (I'm sure it was on bracelet) but this is it;

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I'm not an expert on AP's but I saw this earlier and it looked amazing. I can't find the picture I saw (I'm sure it was on bracelet) but this is it;

Too close to my 26400 and to be honest I find the 42mm ROO's looked dated against the 44 variants, I wanted a more smart piece and with this don't mind an SS bezel which I wanted to avoid on my more casual pieces!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Too close to my 26400 and to be honest I find the 42mm ROO's looked dated against the 44 variants, I wanted a more smart piece and with this don't mind an SS bezel which I wanted to avoid on my more casual pieces!
    I must admit, all that went right over my head as I know nothing of these watches other than how they look.

I think the first watch (the model you are asking about) would make a very smart piece - more so than the white Daytona.

What dial colour were you thinking of?

I'm sure the AP experts will be along shortly with all the knowledge on the internals!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I must admit, all that went right over my head as I know nothing of these watches other than how they look.

I think the first watch (the model you are asking about) would make a very smart piece - more so than the white Daytona.

What dial colour were you thinking of?

I'm sure the AP experts will be along shortly with all the knowledge on the internals!
    I'm no AP expert but a brief run through the one I'm looking at is the Royal Oak (first image) the more traditional looking piece after that you have the Royal Oak offshore in 42mm variants (second pic you posted) I have one of the 44mm variants which is this

Master
    I think a fairly common opinion is that there is no Royal Oak quite as desirable as the original two handed jumbo, or its 15202 reissue, and prices reflect that. This could make preowned RO chronos appear quite well priced by comparison, if you happen to like chronos, given that a more complicated watch would usually be more expensive. And yet, the jumbo remains the undisputed champion.

Edit - just realised you're talking about the new model. However the comments about used values and the preference for the jumbo probably still apply.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 9th July 2017 at 19:58.

Master
    Big difference between the Royal Oak Chrono and the Royal Oak Offshore Chrono.

I've come close to trying out the Offshore but the Royal Oak looks a more wearable option.

Craftsman
    I prefer roo over roc but if you want something more dressy get a ro

Craftsman
    with regards the ROs I would personally prefer the plain ones rather than the chronograph, I have to admit though that the 26331st is a mind blowing option. In any case, at the moment I can't afford neither the one nor the other something that saves me from a big 1st world dilemma. Anyhow, I say that the Chrono is a spot on watch!

Bumping this back up as I'm now in the dilemma of being undecided between the 26331st back or the 15400st black.

Pics for reference

26631st black

Or the 15400st black

My wrist

First pic I saw that made me want the 15400

Master
    If I was to choose, it would be the black chrono.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a 26300 with a white dial, but would still chose the black chrono on the new version.

Master
    The black for me, the hour markers don't stand out so well on the white face.

Craftsman
    What about the new chrono with the platinum bezel and links?

Master
    15400 looks great on your wrist.
    I find I do not actually use the chrono function much and with a cleaner dial, more classic, cheaper price, cheaper service etc etc I would go with a 15400