closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SLA017 - Anyone in the UK got theirs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    I think it's fantastic, and I am a massive Seiko fan, but would have trouble spending over 2k more than this (not my watch or photo).

Sent from my SM-A300FU using TZ-UK mobile app
    Word. And the word was with God. And in this case the word was Oris
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Your points are still pointless and you have nothing but pictures to go from.

Blog Entries

Master
    Blog Entries
    Or maybe not from your previous post.

I read my post back and didn't even see what warranted that reply to be honest, unless you're reading it in an angry tone or something, I don't know.

Saying £8k is crazy for the one someone's trying for on eBay, stand by that.

Saying it looks hard to photograph as the polishing is SO good on the markers and musing why they didn't use a technique that removes that effect on high polish. Is that a terrible thing to say?

Recounting another owners feeling of how HE feels about the watch. Not everyone visits wus.

And saying it's too nice and high end to be comparable in my eyes to the original.

If you take away the other bloke's feelings my input is kind of a back handed compliment if you don't read it like I'm slagging it off.

I'd happily wear it over 90% of the watches out there as I'm a Seiko nut and your pics are great (as I said earlier). I don't know why people get so defensive. Jeez I've got the original and people slag it off blatently saying it's not worth the money. My family and friends think I'm mad the same friends that would aspire to own the biggest, flashiest Breitling they can get their hands.
    The daft comment was obviously aimed at the fact that someone compared them at all.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Or maybe not from your previous post.

I read my post back and didn't even see what warranted that reply to be honest, unless you're reading it in an angry tone or something, I don't know.

Saying £8k is crazy for the one someone's trying for on eBay, stand by that.

Saying it looks hard to photograph as the polishing is SO good on the markers and musing why they didn't use a technique that removes that effect on high polish. Is that a terrible thing to say?

Recounting another owners feeling of how HE feels about the watch. Not everyone visits wus.

And saying it's too nice and high end to be comparable in my eyes to the original.

If you take away the other bloke's feelings my input is kind of a back handed compliment if you don't read it like I'm slagging it off.

I'd happily wear it over 90% of the watches out there as I'm a Seiko nut and your pics are great (as I said earlier). I don't know why people get so defensive. Jeez I've got the original and people slag it off blatently saying it's not worth the money. My family and friends think I'm mad the same friends that would aspire to own the biggest, flashiest Breitling they can get their hands.
    Sorry if I in some way offended you by comparing it to a Rolex and put some pics together. I thought it was an interesting comparison more interesting than the Speedy quality guy in another forum.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post

Despite my earlier Oris pic, your photos have made me come over all unnecessary 😉

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Jura Price is mental - can be had in Thailand for £2,178 with VAT

Edited to say 'could' be had, I'm flying out on Tuesday night :)
    What a bargain! Let me know if you decide to move it on.

These pictures above all on the thread changed my mind. I love the fact that the markers change from silver? To apparently black. Liking it more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

[QUOTE=yonsson;4410161]

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    You simply shouldn't disrespect this watch before you have seen it IRL.
    I wouldn't dream of it - most Seikos leave me lukewarm but this is an insanely good-looking watch. When the management saw the protoype, they must have said to themselves: "We're gonna make them pay through the nose for this one." Still, if I was looking for a luxury diver, this would've been on the top of my list for sure. And though I'm sure the SPB051 is a fine diver, as well, it wouldn't get one look for me, the price difference notwithstanding.

Journeyman
    Great size.

Craftsman
    That is lovely, can you spec a bracelet option or do you have to aftermarket fit?

Master
    It comes with a bracelet

I don't care what anyone says, Seikos are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Came in on Friday but I've been away (ordered a while back while I was still gettign excited about watches):

Master
    And my favourite NATO

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    And my favourite NATO

What NATO strap is that please?

Master
    It's one of Eddies, no longer available and it's on its last legs :(

Craftsman
    I think the second hand price in a year will be ........... £2600. Pure guess. Let's see.

Plenty being flipped on WUS for around $3500

Master
    Yep, got mine

Craftsman

And me! Elated. Very comfortable on my cocktail stick wrists.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Has anyone taken delivery and if so, was it worth the UK premium price over the rest of the world?

Do you think the price will hold up or get flipped at a loss?

It seems very popular over on WUS but the majority of owners are US or Far East based.
    No not a whisper from Jura yet

Craftsman
    Got to say I'm really happy with mine.

I really like the sunburst dial, the large baton markers and the lovely domed crystal. The best thing for me is the way these combine so that the baton indicators break up in a certain light and kind of shimmer and glint like stone breaking water. Marvellous.

That said, I feel it's a very niche piece. It really is quite small and doesn't have much of a wrist presence, particularly if you wear it on rubber. There's also no getting away from the price.

So I can understand why people are flipping it and I can understand why people are keeping it.

I love the way these look in the photos and the size is so refreshing for me. Dial looks beautiful and nice to have a slimmer watch too. Not sure how the sharp angles would look in real life, I do like the swooping curves of the mm300 which I suppose is the closest rival to this in terms of spirit if not size.

Master
    Got mine today and really impressed with it.Dial looks stunning in the sunlight and the indices really pop.

Looks fantastic. Really like the way the dial appears to peel away at the edges.