closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLA017 - Anyone in the UK got theirs yet?

Craftsman

SLA017 - Anyone in the UK got theirs yet?

Has anyone taken delivery and if so, was it worth the UK premium price over the rest of the world?

Do you think the price will hold up or get flipped at a loss?

It seems very popular over on WUS but the majority of owners are US or Far East based.

How much are they roughly?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    What's an SLA017?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    What's an SLA017?
    Seiko

Master
    According to the Jura website they're not available until August.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So sad you're not in Sweden. We already got ours.

Compared to my 1999 Rolex 16600.

I hope they will speed up UK delivery as the watch is superb.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by klockodile; 4th July 2017 at 20:20.

Just looked at the price, wow!!
    Lovely looking watch though

Blog Entries

You are going to love it, I sure love mine. :)

More pictures from the Swedish release party here:
    http://klocksnack.se/threads/sla017-...ai-info.75757/

Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Has anyone taken delivery and if so, was it worth the UK premium price over the rest of the world?

Do you think the price will hold up or get flipped at a loss?

It seems very popular over on WUS but the majority of owners are US or Far East based.
    I would think it will be a decent investment. 2000 isn't many considering the amount of Seiko fans worldwide. Might struggle to get one now I would have thought. (through official channels).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post

You are going to love it, I sure love mine. :)

More pictures from the Swedish release party here:
    http://klocksnack.se/threads/sla017-...ai-info.75757/
    Wow!
    Thanks for sharing!

Craftsman
    Still waiting to hear from Timeless Luxury.... so pumped as it looks awesome in the photos.

I would like to get a wjean waffle for it. Anyone suggest a vendor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klockodile View Post
    Wow!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hehe, tok!

Did Gillette make the case? Looks a bit sharp.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    Did Gillette make the case? Looks a bit sharp.
    As it should be considering the original design. But it isn't dangerous ;)

this looks innocently sweet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    How much are they roughly?
    Brace yourself https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...edition-sla017

Like the look but not the price.

Can you buy one with the crown on the left or do you have to wear them on the right hand wrist to avoid cutting off the blood supply to your hand with that crown?
    "A man of little significance"

For the mere mortals there is the re-interpretation model for only $1k ish. Go on treat yourself

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/seiko-di...spb051-spb053/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    For the mere mortals there is the re-interpretation model for only $1k ish. Go on treat yourself

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/seiko-di...spb051-spb053/
    I actually really like the SPB. Just hope they get to a more realistic price on creation once the fuss settles. Although I have read it's 43mm so that's not good.

The 8L35 isn't my cup of tea, all the reasons I bought the original 62MAS seem gone to me on the new one. It's totally lost that almost over the top inbalance between the indices and the rest of the watch size, not to mention their now rounded shape, the printed logo and the laser applied logo on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I actually really like the SPB. Just hope they get to a more realistic price on creation once the fuss settles. Although I have read it's 43mm so that's not good.

The 8L35 isn't my cup of tea, all the reasons I bought the original 62MAS seem gone to me on the new one. It's totally lost that almost over the top inbalance between the indices and the rest of the watch size, not to mention their now rounded shape, the printed logo and the laser applied logo on the back.
    I prefer modern reinterpretations and in many ways the spiritual successor, the MM300 has fulfilled that gap IMO. Though it is a nice watch, I'm not sure if this release was really needed other than to continue this nostalgia trend all brands are pursuing.

I agree the SPB looks good, how this compares with the new Samurai will be interesting.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Can you buy one with the crown on the left or do you have to wear them on the right hand wrist to avoid cutting off the blood supply to your hand with that crown?
    Nope, but it actually makes less marks on the upper hand skin than my GMT 2. So no issue.

Blog Entries

You simply shouldn't disrespect this watch before you have seen it IRL.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Brace yourself https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...edition-sla017

Like the look but not the price.
    Very high pricing in the UK. Can't understand the logic...

Master

Very high pricing in the UK. Can't understand the logic...
    That's the UK for you!

Great pictures.

You simply shouldn't disrespect this watch before you have seen it IRL.
    It's not disrespect Yonsson - it does indeed look like a lovely watch as I stated before; but questioning why did Seiko bother when they have updated it more than properly with the MM300 (IMO). I very much belief in respecting the older models, leave them alone and update/modernise them.

Master
    Blog Entries

The SPB has a standard movement, ugly hands and an even uglier X on the dial. And a big case with lugs not as shapely as the SLA, and standard SKX bezel inlay . Not even near IMHO.

But it's modestly priced and if I hadn't had the opportunity to purchase the SLA ...sure why not...

Blog Entries
    It's not disrespect Yonsson - it does indeed look like a lovely watch as I stated before; but questioning why did Seiko bother when they have updated it more than properly with the MM300 (IMO). I very much belief in respecting the older models, leave them alone and update/modernise them.
    I didn't mean you specifically. There are big differences between this one and the mm300.

Master
    Does the US have them yet and any dealers I should be making contact with over there?
    I want one of these but not too keen on the UK pricing!

I didn't mean you specifically. There are big differences between this one and the mm300.
    Fair enough. How are you finding the finishing between the two and if you can say exactly how would be great. I thought the MM300 was a good finished watch. I'm hoping this watch has a few notches up on that for the price!

One here!!!!
    OMFG.............................................. ............

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-SLA0...YAAOSw3h1ZXL9k

Wow! Clearly some inspiration from the Speedy Tuesday

I prefer the styling to an MM300, but priced far too high, imo.

I guess that's a limited edition for you.

M.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Does the US have them yet and any dealers I should be making contact with over there?
    I want one of these but not too keen on the UK pricing!
    I think the US will get a fair share of the pieces. Don't know about availability though...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neilf1965 View Post
    One here!!!!

WTF!!!?? That's just a joke...

One here!!!!

Makes speedygate look like toy town
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    I think it's fantastic, and I am a massive Seiko fan, but would have trouble spending over 2k more than this (not my watch or photo).

Sent from my SM-A300FU using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    I think it's fantastic, and I am a massive Seiko fan, but would have trouble spending over 2k more than this (not my watch or photo).

Sent from my SM-A300FU using TZ-UK mobile app
    You make a good point!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Save yourself even more money and buy for yourself a nigh on perfect reissue, including original movement and stand out from the crowd with a nice shiny new, or used PRS-82.

One here!!!!

Blatant profiteering and that goes for Jura as well

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. How are you finding the finishing between the two and if you can say exactly how would be great. I thought the MM300 was a good finished watch. I'm hoping this watch has a few notches up on that for the price!
    The cases are finished with the same technique. The lume on the dial of the sbdx001 seem to be hand applied which I love, that doesn't seem to apply on the SBDX017 which has the new lume introduced 2015. Hands on the mm300 are brushed, glossy on the SLA017.

So there are many differences between all three models, I would hate to argue which model has the better finish. Much is personal reference and what sells the SLA017 for me is mainly the overall style and the size. It's not too heavy regardless of strap choice which the mm300 is. I owned a 6159-7001 previously and that case wears a lot better than a mm300. I also owned a 62Mas and the 8LMAS wears much better on me, the size is just perfect and the thickness of the bracelet suits the case.

The bezel action on the mm300 is better than on the 8LMAS but the crown screws down better on the 8LMAS.

The weight indeed is a big downer for the MM300 and ultimately the reason I sold mine.

That was a great response yonsson, thank you!

Master
    Blog Entries
    The cases are finished with the same technique. The lume on the dial of the sbdx001 seem to be hand applied which I love, that doesn't seem to apply on the SBDX017 which has the new lume introduced 2015. Hands on the mm300 are brushed, glossy on the SLA017.

So there are many differences between all three models, I would hate to argue which model has the better finish. Much is personal reference and what sells the SLA017 for me is mainly the overall style and the size. It's not too heavy regardless of strap choice which the mm300 is. I owned a 6159-7001 previously and that case wears a lot better than a mm300. I also owned a 62Mas and the 8LMAS wears much better on me, the size is just perfect and the thickness of the bracelet suits the case.

The bezel action on the mm300 is better than on the 8LMAS but the crown screws down better on the 8LMAS.
    The dial and sapphire! Big difference compared with the MM300.
    Agree on the bezel action, not sexy enough for me.
    I like the polished hands on the SLA but also the brushed MM300 hands. The SLA hands are more slender and that tips the scale in favour of the SLA I think.
    The bracelet is better on the SLA but the clasp is better on the MM300.

I like my Seikos and would love a 62MAS, this as a modern take is a good looking watch in my eyes, would sit well next to a MM300..

Master
    I bet it looks better in the metal though. It's the finish on the hour markers, if anything they are too good for a flat surface. In every pic they look blacked out with reflection. I see they've tried to make the finish perfect but it certainly looks hard to photograph. Maybe they should have made the hour markers with a slight curve to their top edges if they were going for the mirror finish.

The £8k one is a joke on eBay. People have been buying 2 or 3 of them on wus so they can't have been that hard to get.

I did see one owner on wus answer the VFM question quite frankly saying he didn't think it was worth the asking price. He compared it to his omega speedmaster for similar money and said he'd take the speedmaster every time over the Seiko as it is better quality.

I don't know I just find it a little odd really. Don't get me wrong it looks well made and I can get people will be happy with it as a watch but the 62MAS got where it is today because of its history. I find the notion of paying homage to a quirky, plexi wearing tool watch with a beautifully finished, sapphire crystal covered timepiece a bit strange. Maybe it's just me.

It's one thing I admire about Rolex, love or loath their new watches they never look back too hard.

Blog Entries
    I bet it looks better in the metal though. It's the finish on the hour markers, if anything they are too good for a flat surface. In every pic they look blacked out with reflection. I see they've tried to make the finish perfect but it certainly looks hard to photograph. Maybe they should have made the hour markers with a slight curve to their top edges if they were going for the mirror finish.

The £8k one is a joke on eBay. People have been buying 2 or 3 of them on wus so they can't have been that hard to get.

I did see one owner on wus answer the VFM question quite frankly saying he didn't think it was worth the asking price. He compared it to his omega speedmaster for similar money and said he'd take the speedmaster every time over the Seiko as it is better quality.

I don't know I just find it a little odd really. Don't get me wrong it looks well made and I can get people will be happy with it as a watch but the 62MAS got where it is today because of its history. I find the notion of paying homage to a quirky, plexi wearing tool watch with a beautifully finished, sapphire crystal covered timepiece a bit strange. Maybe it's just me.

It's one thing I admire about Rolex, love or loath their new watches they never look back too hard.
    Didn't you get your answer to that black out "issue" on WUS? Saying the flat surfaces are too good and saying buying two or three is a negative, seriously, why did you even enter this thread? You are still babbling about pointless errors which don't exist so perhaps you should try to find one so you can actually see one in the flesh.

Here is a free picture of the "black out issue" so you have something to look at while I wait for you to find one IRL so you actually know what you are talking about.

blah blah blah
    blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah
    blah
    blah
    blah
    Rolex
    Inside every TZ UK thread is a Rolex thread trying to get out

Master
    Blog Entries

Comparing it to a Speedy is just daft...
    Here is the Rolex comparison.

I personally think it plays well in the lower end of the middle tier of the watch world series.

But we're all entitled an opinion.

Jura Price is mental - can be had in Thailand for £2,178 with VAT

Edited to say 'could' be had, I'm flying out on Tuesday night :)

Master
    I think the US will get a fair share of the pieces. Don't know about availability though...
    Cheers.
    Got one ordered from a seller on VRF $3600 so a bit under £3k. Couldn't wait till I'm in the US!

Master
    But we're all entitled an opinion.
    Or maybe not from your previous post.

I read my post back and didn't even see what warranted that reply to be honest, unless you're reading it in an angry tone or something, I don't know.

Saying £8k is crazy for the one someone's trying for on eBay, stand by that.

Saying it looks hard to photograph as the polishing is SO good on the markers and musing why they didn't use a technique that removes that effect on high polish. Is that a terrible thing to say?

Recounting another owners feeling of how HE feels about the watch. Not everyone visits wus.

And saying it's too nice and high end to be comparable in my eyes to the original.

If you take away the other bloke's feelings my input is kind of a back handed compliment if you don't read it like I'm slagging it off.

I'd happily wear it over 90% of the watches out there as I'm a Seiko nut and your pics are great (as I said earlier). I don't know why people get so defensive. Jeez I've got the original and people slag it off blatently saying it's not worth the money. My family and friends think I'm mad the same friends that would aspire to own the biggest, flashiest Breitling they can get their hands.