closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini SNES Nintendo system

Master

Mini SNES Nintendo system

This is going to sound absolutely nuts coming a couple of days into July, but I'm after getting my mitts on one of these for Christmas (ahem, I know...) and they have already sold out on pre-order!
    It comes out in September but it looks very unlikely that many will make it to the shop shelves at the moment.

Does anyone have any hints on the best place to stick my name down? Or better still, a good independent contact?
    Argos have apparently had a nightmare with them, with systems crashing and deposits vanishing and that worries me.
    Toys R Us? Game?

Chances are they are hyping this up to shift units and there will be plenty around come Christmas, but I thought that about last years NES one as well and those sold out immediately, trebled in price on the re-seller market and have never come back down!

To be clear, this is for the kids (and me) to play, not something to sell on. Good tip to pick up if you see one in the shops though, better investment than gold these things if the NES is anything to go by!

I bought the Mini NES from Tesco online, pre-order, and it arrived on the day of launch.

Nintendo are supposed to have learned their lesson with the Mini NES and are going to up the production vastly of the M-SNES.

Interestingly, they had to stop production of the NES because of parts limitation; hence creating part of the demand for them. Would be interesting to know what stopped them from making more.

I think you may have missed the boat. Nintendo have stated that it will only be available until the end of the year. I got my pre-order in on Amazon as soon as it went live so should get it on day one.

I managed to get a mini NES earlier this year from the Nintendo website using the Stock Informer website:

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/check...nt-system-snes

I kept it open in the background all day, waiting for the stock alert siren to go off. 3 months after the release of the console it did and I was able to get a mini NES. It has now been discontinued.

Master
    The best advice I can give is to sign up to the Hot Deals UK WhatsApp group as they are really on it when new stock becomes available. I got mine via there when the Nintendo Store stock went online. HDUK posted within a minute and I managed to get myself one. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    I find that people buying them up in bulk to sell on for huge profit (already on eBay for sale please note) is as good as stealing the chance for a dad like myself to buy one and share memories with our kids. Buy one !

I probably won't buy one as I didn't with the mini nes and as a huge nes/snes fan these 20 or 30 game only versions are great but some of the games are just not the best choices (although most are)

My thing is get an original and play as many as you want .

Oh and no I'm not trying to put people off buying them so I can buy them in volumes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I've got a mini SNES pre-ordered from Argos so hoping mine isn't going to be cancelled (it's stioll showing as pending). I got my mini NES from ShopTo who had stock for about 30 minutes one day after release and a mate in the office alerted me to it

In same boat! Tried to get on the Game preorder but missed it...the one consolation is that I have my original SNES and all the games but the mini will work better with modern TVs I think. The SNES was the first console I had and playing the games basically define a big chin i of my childhood from 13 to 16!

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/check...nt-system-snes

Anyone looking try this website, it really odes help to find those hard to get items year in year out...

100 euros from Germany. 6% of their stock left. No affiliation, and I have never ordered from them:

https://shop.mediamarkt.ch/mobile/de...i/idpg6m9b2pi5

You can use google to translate the whole page if you need it

Craftsman
    As has been mentioned - it will far cheaper to get an original and pick up just the best games (many of which are missing, I believe due to license issues)

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Emulator and ROMS for me.

Craftsman
    I managed to order 3 from Argos as soon as their pre-orders were available on June 29th. Got an email a couple of days later to say that an 'error' in their system allowed people to order more than one but as a gesture of goodwill They will still allow me to buy two. I received a refund for one console

I managed to pre order a NES Mini from Tesco direct when they were available last year and received it on the day of release. Hopefully Argos will do the same.

On that occasion I only managed to get one which I kept for myself but with the SNES I will keep one and give the other to my nephew as a Christmas present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Utred View Post
    As has been mentioned - it will far cheaper to get an original and pick up just the best games (many of which are missing, I believe due to license issues)
    As someone with a collection of retro games: LOL.

Just a copy of Super Metroid will cost you more than one of these. Emulation is a different matter, though not entirely legal. Buying the same set legitimately (minus one, see below) will set you back about a grand, maybe a bit less if you buy cartridges only without boxes or instructions, and don't mind the console being yellow. It may also take some time to even find copies of all these games.

Another reason these are going to be like gold dust (even more than the NES Mini) is that it includes a Star Fox game developed for the SNES but never released. The fans if that series have been waiting for it for years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Does this mean Xmas 2018 we get a mini N64 with Goldeneye and Zelda?? :)

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Does this mean Xmas 2018 we get a mini N64 with Goldeneye and Zelda?? :)
    If there was an N64 mini, it probably wouldn't include Goldeneye since the developer is now owned by Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    As someone with a collection of retro games: LOL.

Just a copy of Super Metroid will cost you more than one of these. Emulation is a different matter, though not entirely legal. Buying the same set legitimately (minus one, see below) will set you back about a grand, maybe a bit less if you buy cartridges only without boxes or instructions, and don't mind the console being yellow. It may also take some time to even find copies of all these games.

Another reason these are going to be like gold dust (even more than the NES Mini) is that it includes a Star Fox game developed for the SNES but never released. The fans if that series have been waiting for it for years.
    I have this set up inc Metroid all boxed 😊 I'd still like a mini though.

Craftsman
    Have you considered one of these?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5233535?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158%7Ccid:20029157 0%7Cagid:44344032696%7Ctid:pla-332044273120%7Ccrid:204766283428%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:1072 7102853123953935%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o3&gclid=CjwKCAjwh YLLBRBIEiwAtFeED2PCnuskn4hxSnZ2uOzq-MJDS1yksfO5Jxnd8YNlyFo_gZi11qXSVxoCTigQAvD_BwE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikiejack View Post
    100 euros from Germany. 6% of their stock left. No affiliation, and I have never ordered from them:

https://shop.mediamarkt.ch/mobile/de...i/idpg6m9b2pi5

You can use google to translate the whole page if you need it

Couldn't get that to work!! No way of putting a UK address into their text fields. It looks like they're only wanting to deliver to Germany.

Maybe due to stock levels, it has changed. But was able to ship to U.K. according to the Daily Mirror. A rag of a paper, I know!

Craftsman
    I put a pre order link on here because Tesco had some more in, just bought one and now they are all gone. Sorry.
    Last edited by mrsammyp; 9th July 2017 at 08:07.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    I put a pre order link on here because Tesco had some more in, just bought one and now they are all gone. Sorry.
    Prepare to get a email saying your order has been cancelled, Tesco are having issues saying they have stock when they don't. They also take payment yet you have to wait 5 days for your refund, lot of upset people regarding Tesco and the Snes...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Prepare to get a email saying your order has been cancelled, Tesco are having issues saying they have stock when they don't. They also take payment yet you have to wait 5 days for your refund, lot of upset people regarding Tesco and the Snes...
    Yeah, I've just received that very email.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    Yeah, I've just received that very email.
    As expected, keep a eye on Game, I sneaked a pre order in on Thursday with them, they don't take payment until it ships and no cancellation email either...

Master
    I was never really into gaming and I only ever had one console and it was the SNES. I never knew about this reissue, until this thread, and find myself really wanting to get one now. I remember Star Fox being possibly the best game as that I had and, IIRC, there was some additional chip in the cartridge for even better graphics. I would love to play the sequel.

The stock checker link above is helpful although Tesco's website has being showing stock on and off all weekend but any successful orders placed and just cancelled minutes later. Surprised they don't just pull the plug on it altogether. Any other pointers would be also much appreciated. Thanks.

In stock to pre order at Argos now, be quick...

Master
    Great heads up Marty - thank you! 👍🏻

Master
    Just seen the email from stock informer so ordered from Argos. Given what was happening at the Tesco website over the weekend I'm not counting my chickens just yet as I half expect to get an order cancelled email but at least it was at RRP.

Thanks for the heads up, ordered and confirmation received. Let's hope it goes through!

Master
    Thanks for the heads up. Managed to get one on order for my son for Xmas. Talking about thinking ahead!

Result! (for now!)

Thanks for the heads up.

Master
    I'm getting more worried about my Argos order as they are still accepting orders and I would of thought they would have taken literally 000's this morning and therefore presumably run out of allocated stock?

It's not on the Argos website now.

Got one (hopefully). Tip: search for "SNES". If you search for "Nintendo Classic", "Nintendo Mini", etc., it won't come up, because they haven't put in any of those keywords. Seriously, it doesn't even come on the first page of results in a search for Nintendo!

I didn't search for SNES at first because officially it's not called that, and assumed they would have it listed under the official name. The official name is the "Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System". Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? SNES has always been an unofficial nickname. Nintendo always use Super Nintendo or sometimes Super NES. It doesn't even appear anywhere on the official Nintendo page, although their search engine does recognise it.

Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    I'm getting more worried about my Argos order as they are still accepting orders and I would of thought they would have taken literally 000's this morning and therefore presumably run out of allocated stock?
    Could be, but they asked me for a postcode to check stock so it's possible they have allocated their stock per store rather than nationally, in which case people in places like London will be getting "out of stock" and people in smaller towns will be more likely to find one.

Could be that they start sending out apologies like Tesco soon though. Fingers crossed they don't do that, or even worse, wait until the pre-order date and then acknowledge that they never had the stock allocation.

Master
    My receipt for the order has come through now. So hopefully all good.

Master
    I have an emailed receipt too and the Argos website now advises out of stock for both my home and work postcodes. The website hangs when you try and add it to the trolley.

happy days...
    these are going to be the nightmare to find toy for xmas so good to see us getting it early lol...

I signed up for Amazon alerts as soon as I saw the press release. As far as I can tell, it's never gone live. How did people pre-order from Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    I signed up for Amazon alerts as soon as I saw the press release. As far as I can tell, it's never gone live. How did people pre-order from Amazon?
    I saw a link to the pre-order on Twitter, went to it on my phone and placed an order.

Got my receipt from Argos so hopefully all good! Beyond excited as some of the titles I don't have and are seriously expensive to source, Mega Man X, Castlevania etc...it will go great with my original.

Tried two postcodes.. not a chance.

Toys-R-Us were showing stock on Google this morning (I didn't check their actual site) but at £10 more than Argos. Those are gone now too.

I have to say, I like that Toys-R-Us have put the age group as "12 - 100 years". Now I don't feel guilty about ordering one for myself, because I am not 100 yet :)

Toys-R-Us were showing stock on Google this morning (I didn't check their actual site) but at £10 more than Argos. Those are gone now too.

I have to say, I like that Toys-R-Us have put the age group as "12 - 100 years". Now I don't feel guilty about ordering one for myself, because I am not 100 yet :)
    My nan had a SNES before she passed away, she was in her late 60's. She had so much fun playing mine when I took it over that she bought her own...she was well ahead of her time too as she always used to move the controller in a huge arc when trying to make Mario jump over an obstacle 😂😂 an early idea for motion controllers 😂

Argos just sent me confirmation mine will be delivered on release day.

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Argos just sent me confirmation mine will be delivered on release day.
    Was that a text? I just got a text.

Please don't be a lie. Please don't be a lie...

Was that a text? I just got a text.

Please don't be a lie. Please don't be a lie...
    Yep just got a text 😁😁

Master
    No text here so I'm worried again. Of those who have did you order on Monday or when pre orders first went live? Thanks.

Yep text here also.
    That's me sorted one for me and one for my daughter for xmas...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    No text here so I'm worried again. Of those who have did you order on Monday or when pre orders first went live? Thanks.
    Panic over as text just received and I ordered on Monday.

Yep text for me.

I'm far more excited than I should be at 38

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Yep text for me.

I'm far more excited than I should be at 38
    Me too, got a SNES when I was 13...I've still got it and about 40 boxed games though the likes of Mega Man X and Secret of Mana have always been too pricey to add to the collection, now I get to play them on the mini 😊