closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini SNES Nintendo system

Master
    I got a similar text today too. Happy days then. Btw. Do we get charged now or when it ships?

I've been charged already

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    I've been charged already

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Me too.

Master
    I've been charged, but no text. I can't remember putting my phone number in during the process though I must admit...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I've been charged, but no text. I can't remember putting my phone number in during the process though I must admit...
    Log in to your account with Argos.co.uk and see whether there is one in the account details section.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    Log in to your account with Argos.co.uk and see whether there is one in the account details section.
    There's an old number in there! Panic over hopefully...

Slightly off topic... but of interest to those who are following this thread - The Sega Mega Drive Mini is on pre order now as well: https://www.zavvi.com/games/sega-meg.../11480888.html

85 games for £80. Some old favourites on there too.
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 25th July 2017 at 23:26.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Slightly off topic... but of interest to those who are following this thread - The Sega Mega Drive Mini is on pre order now as well: https://www.zavvi.com/games/sega-meg.../11480888.html
    Nobody wants those!

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/06/do...rive-just-yet/

I'm only half joking. Probably not bad for anyone looking to play some old games, but not in the same league as the Nintendo Minis.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Nobody wants those!

I'm only half joking. Probably not bad for anyone looking to play some old games, but not in the same league as the Nintendo Minis.
    Haha agreed, SNES all the way! Although I will still probably pick up the sega for a "rainy day"

Nobody wants those!

Yep, they've been around for years, none have been any good.

But then I still have my Mega Drive (and Mega CD) from the 90s, and play the old games on it. Nothing beats Sonic 2 on the proper console.

I'm waiting patiently for Sonic Mania for the Switch, it looks superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I'm waiting patiently for Sonic Mania for the Switch, it looks superb.
    If I could find a Switch for sale (from a shop, not second hand), I'd have one. Are they as good as I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    If I could find a Switch for sale (from a shop, not second hand), I'd have one. Are they as good as I hope?
    Since getting the Switch on day 1, I have barely touched the PS4 Pro or my gaming PC. Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms and Splatoon are all superb first party titles. It works great on a TV and as a portable console too. I've played 185 hours of Zelda on it.

You can pre-order direct from Nintendo now for a mid-August delivery: https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintend...dget_id=505876
    You can also pre-order from Amazon for a late August delivery: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MFADJFV/
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 26th July 2017 at 10:42.

Yep, they've been around for years, none have been any good.
    I've actually got one of the early AtGames handhelds. Never play anything on it. It would probably be OK if it weren't for the terrible screen though.

I've actually got one of the early AtGames handhelds. Never play anything on it. It would probably be OK if it weren't for the terrible screen though.
    One of these?

I got one, too. Quickly put it away and got the Game Gear out again.

One of these?

I got one, too. Quickly put it away and got the Game Gear out again.
    Yep. Same. Also have a Game Gear :) Two actually, because the one I've had since they were out has bad capacitors or something; needs repairing. Have thought about getting another with the TV out mod, because I can no longer tolerate how bad the latency on those old LCDs is. Can't believe how much I used to play Sonic on that thing. Mostly for speed runs no less. It makes my eyes water now, everything is so blurry.

It is the best version of Sonic though. The GG, not the one pictured above!

Yep. Same. Also have a Game Gear :) Two actually, because the one I've had since they were out has bad capacitors or something; needs repairing. Have thought about getting another with the TV out mod, because I can no longer tolerate how bad the latency on those old LCDs is. Can't believe how much I used to play Sonic on that thing. Mostly for speed runs no less. It makes my eyes water now, everything is so blurry.

It is the best version of Sonic though. The GG, not the one pictured above!
    Mine (again, my original one I got for my 11th birthday) has had the capacitors fail again, and is currently in with a repairer who is replacing the screen for a brand new led backlit one with low latency. Pricey mod, but worth it to keep playing I think. Also improves the battery life by a good few hours.

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 09:32.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jambobbyb View Post
    If your into retro gaming pick up it build a Retro Pi, I have one velcroed to the back of the tv as it's a tiny box, and you have 4500 emulated games to play works up to 4 player and you can even pick the classic pads up 2 for £5... pretty much every title on Neo Geo Snes Mega drive Turbo Graphics 16 Atari 2600 Master system Nes and a huge chunk of 80/90s arcades ...
    Sounds great, where would I start in getting one of these?

Craftsman
    This is a good site for checking who has them in stock.

http://m.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

Quote Originally Posted by diver527 View Post
    Sounds great, where would I start in getting one of these?
    Buy a Raspberry Pi off Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-M...raspberry+pi+3

Stick a micro SD in it with a downloaded OS from here: https://retropie.org.uk/download/

Hook up a cheap keyboard, mouse and away you go!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Buy a Raspberry Pi off Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-M...raspberry+pi+3

Stick a micro SD in it with a downloaded OS from here: https://retropie.org.uk/download/

Hook up a cheap keyboard, mouse and away you go!
    Ooh. I have a spare RPi that I'm not using for anything. Does this include the ROMs, or are they still "grey market"?

Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    This is a good site for checking who has them in stock.

http://m.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch
    Thanks. I've been checking all those places manually, and as I thought - no stock unless I pay WELL over the odds.

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 09:32.

Quote Originally Posted by jambobbyb View Post
    Hi diver527, I bought mine fully configured off EBay the seller I used is still selling them... if you add everything up it's not that much more expendive than buying the kit separately and building it yourself...
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETROPIE-32g...257Ciid%253A12
    OK, I'm interested in this, but have not foreknowledge.

So I buy it and the parts come like this, I put them together (is that easy?), plug it into the TV. Then what? Does it automatically start up and away you go?

Ooh. I have a spare RPi that I'm not using for anything. Does this include the ROMs, or are they still "grey market"?
    I have dug my old Raspberry Pi I out of a cupboard and am mid way setting this up.. will report back later! Hoping my keyboard/mouse will be enough.
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 26th July 2017 at 15:33.

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 10:03.

Cheers.

Thanks. I've been checking all those places manually, and as I thought - no stock unless I pay WELL over the odds.
    Just pre-order from Nintendo or Amazon. You'll have one in mid to late August.

Craftsman
    Perfect, thanks jambobbyb!

Thanks jambobbyb!! I now have a working retropie! Never heard of it before today!

Just got some Spectrum ROMs in.... downloading some Nintendo ones next. Great stuff!

Oh... and it works with an XBOX One controller via USB!
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 26th July 2017 at 17:29.

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 10:02.

Just had confirmation mine will be delivered on Friday, everyone got theirs ordered???

Craftsman
    if anybody is still after one, Amazon france seems to have stock. not much though. ships to UK.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by flareslove View Post
    if anybody is still after one, Amazon france seems to have stock. not much though. ships to UK.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Nope, all gone!

Master
    Yep. Had a text from Argos to say it will delivered on release day. It will then be stuck away for Xmas anyway :-)

Craftsman
    Got an email confirming my pre-order.
    I imagine not much work will get done on Friday... :)

RetroPie is all well and good, but there's something just nice about playing Nintendo games on official Nintendo hardware.

Master
    Had my confirmation through - I think mario kart may be on all weekend

Yep, got my text saying it will be delivered Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Had my confirmation through - I think mario kart may be on all weekend
    You mean you're actually going to play it? I thought they were all going to speculators who were going to sell them on - like the last one.

Master
    You mean you're actually going to play it? I thought they were all going to speculators who were going to sell them on - like the last one.
    Never crossed my mind and to be honest how much are you gonna make £50-£100 its hardly going to make a difference besides I'd much rather have fun beating the kids at it and re kindling some of my youth

EDIT - already a long queue for one offered at list!
    Last edited by Unlight; 26th September 2017 at 19:30.

Master
    I've got one coming but fancy trying the pi build

I've tried everywhere to get one, and the previous NES version before, never ever seen them in stock anywhere.

That Retropie looks cool, might try one.
    Not that interested in the nintendo stuff, but would like to revisit some stuff from my gaiming days. How well do the Sega Master/Megadrive and PS1 games work?
    How bad do these games look on modern TV's? Only have a 32", but that's way bigger than i used to play games on back in the day
    Last edited by Brighty; 27th September 2017 at 10:33.

I've tried everywhere to get one, and the previous NES version before, never ever seen them in stock anywhere.
    Nintendo have said they will be reissuing it next year and making more of the SNES version too, because of the high demand. If these are going for silly money on eBay pre-xmas I might flip mine and just buy one later. I'm not in any rush, just wanted to get a preorder in in case Nintendo stuck to their original plan to make them a limited release. There's no way I'd pay £500 for one like the NES classics were selling for. Looks like Nintendo have realised they were leaving a lot of money on the table by not making enough of these. They really underestimated the size of the retrogaming market.

Nintendo have said they will be reissuing it next year and making more of the SNES version too, because of the high demand. If these are going for silly money on eBay pre-xmas I might flip mine and just buy one later. I'm not in any rush, just wanted to get a preorder in in case Nintendo stuck to their original plan to make them a limited release. There's no way I'd pay £500 for one like the NES classics were selling for. Looks like Nintendo have realised they were leaving a lot of money on the table by not making enough of these. They really underestimated the size of the retrogaming market.
    Yeah, I saw a press release from them that said "don't pay more the RRP for one". Well, make more of the bloody things then, you lazy sods!

I have been checking Amazon, Argos, Smyths, Game, Nintendo's own store etc. about 3-4 times a week for over a year now. Never seen any stock other than £150+ resells on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. Will have to get the wife onto it as I'm at hockey training from 7:30.

Yeah, I saw a press release from them that said "don't pay more the RRP for one". Well, make more of the bloody things then, you lazy sods!

I have been checking Amazon, Argos, Smyths, Game, Nintendo's own store etc. about 3-4 times a week for over a year now. Never seen any stock other than £150+ resells on Amazon.
    I doubt there will be much new stock until well into spring next year. Nintendo uses the PR trick of selling out before xmas all the time. It benefits them at lot more in the long run. It's not unlike Rolex actually: it's a self-fulfilling cycle of artificially restricted supply pushing up demand, which feeds back to insufficient supply. Nintendo stuff is also very similar to Rolex in terms of resale value, as they tend to be highly collectible and always somewhat limited, even though in reality they are mass produced in huge volume.