closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek 6000G

Patek 6000G

Has anyone got any views and opinions on the above or even owns one?

Spent last weekend in Leeds and went to Berry's but they didn't have one in stock, the visit to Berry's was hopefully to change my mind about not considering a Patek as a serious purchase. Unfortunately I came away still possibly wanting one!

Then I happened to walk round the corner and saw the A.Lange & Sohne dealer, this then became another one to consider!

Although I am going to have to sell before I can buy.

Thanks

Master
    Blog Entries
    What timing.... I'm waiting for mine to land in July.

The 6000G is now discontinued, so you will need to hunt for stock or a dealer expecting their last shipment. The replacement model is larger, think its called 6006(?) and pointer date hand rather than moon shape.

So to the 6000, I find it a very interesting dial, for sure not your classic calatrava, but then that's why I like it, more contemporary in my eyes which should mean more wear. Looks complicated too which I like.

The model has the awesome 240 movement with micro rotor and solid track record. A deployant rather than pin buckle, great size for this type of watch and as I mentioned a very interesting dial. The bezel is also interesting being rounded rather than the usual style.

Mines the blue 012 dial, launched in 2015 and discontinued from the books last year. I think it's stunning with the metallic colour.

All imho as I know people have a different view on the dial, so it's personal opinion. But if you like the dial and want something more modern in a calatrava, then this is a great option due to movement and deployant, priced about right too.

Great little review and live pics of the model here btw
    http://www.watchprosite.com/page-wf.forumpost/fi-11/ti-1076338/pi-7881638/

Cheers
    Kash
    Last edited by Kash; 29th June 2017 at 10:52.

Very nice indeed with the Blue dial Kash, I look forward to the pics soon!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, once landed will get them up.

Excellent, thanks Kash!

It was the blue dial I am interested in as well.

How did you find the size of the watch?

Mark
    Last edited by Boarder1; 29th June 2017 at 11:12. Reason: forgot to ask a question.

Master
    Blog Entries
    37mm works well for me, I have a sub 7inch wrist and wear a 36mm explorer anyway so no issues there. I have much larger watches so don't worry too much about the size, but for a daily for me this is perfect. Good luck with the hunt, after this year they will be near impossible to buy new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    37mm works well for me, I have a sub 7inch wrist and wear a 36mm explorer anyway so no issues there. I have much larger watches so don't worry too much about the size, but for a daily for me this is perfect. Good luck with the hunt, after this year they will be near impossible to buy new.
    Thanks Kash!

Kash, did the PP dealer throw in any freebies or discount?

I'm looking at one next week, so just wondering what to aim for if I decide to go ahead?

Thanks
    Mark

I have the 6000G in the grey dial version. Size is perfect for a dress watch.

A friend has one unworn which I think he might be looking to sell. If interested please PM me and I will ask him.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mark, he didn't do any discount but I got hold of a hard to get Rolex as part of it, so that's the angle he took and worked well with me. Not sure what level you could get, be surprised if more than 5% maybe a free service too? Let us know what you think once seeing it.