closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You've won the lottery/that man in Nigeria really was telling the truth...

After making sure my family and close friends are secure and taken care of, I'd:

build a house in Australia on the farm, with a retreat center and holiday cottages;

probably buy the other top floor apartments next door to me, and convert;

buy a few of my favourite motorbikes;

buy a few cars, GT3, Mclaren 540c, 911 Turbo, SQ7, Toyota LC70 4.5D, a Massey, a few farm bikes, a few quads/side by sides, and a lot of cows 🐮 ; and

buy quite a few more watches - I'd possibly give a few of my current watches away and add a few that I've wanted to try out for a while, or replace some that I've missed.

Rather than having too many homes dotted all over, I think I'd have a few in my main residences and just rent elsewhere.

Just waiting for my friendly Nigerian to hand over the cash now - happy days :)
    It's just a matter of time...

I'd buy La Forteleza in Majorca and have friends and relatives to stay all year round.

The new Ruf CTR, a Singer, Porsche 918, a vintage racer (poss panamerica carrera) plus custom 67 GTO a 350 GT Shelby maybe a 427 C2 corvette coupe.

A nice house on the banks of decent sized river in the UK, plus a nice beach front house in the Med (Corsica or Sardinia) plus an apartment in West London. A Vintage Riva for the river and a Wally boat for the Med.

Some nice paintings, a box at Twickers, and membership of Wentworth/Goodwood.

Oh and a double red SD, PN Daytona, Mil Sub and Panerai 6152 Angelus.

but if you asked me next week it would change.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotAbroad View Post
    I'd get a dog similar to the one in your handle! Love English Bullies..

That's kind of you to say.

The BT in my avatar is my late lamented Deana, the best dog I have ever owned.

Ferocious but like a baby with the family.

We took on our current BT, Dot, when the original owners couldn't handle her anymore and she bit the lady owner in the stomach.

She is pretty well trained now but will never be as biddable as Deana and she sometimes laughs at instruction.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Pipe dreams … The odds of the big win are "Millions to 1" but people like to think they will win … because the media makes 'box office' out of the very few winners' stories … as if we all stand a good chance of winning too. But the fact is there is more chance of being involved in a catastrophe (in the broadest sense of the word) than there is of being a lottery winner … and nobody wishes same on themselves or others. There's no such thing as a 'free lunch' even if the media hints that there is. And every week the media has many more catastrophe stories than 'free lunch' scoops. If you want to play those sorts of odds be prepared to lose a lot of ££ trying. You'd likely be far better off saving your ££ and buying a Rolex sports watch to enjoy and maybe not significantly '££lose' out on if sold in a few years time. The only consistent lottery ticket winners are the organisers … if they did not make a profit there would not be any lotteries … and the same applies to high street bookmakers. Too many punters think they can beat the system … but 99.99% never do even if they boast of their 'winnings'.

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 29th June 2017 at 15:23.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    And 'Killjoy Post Of The Week' goes to........

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    And 'Killjoy Post Of The Week' goes to........
    Nearly all replies to the original post are 'ME ME ME … WANT WANT WANT ' .. and not one word about e.g. helping those who lost homes and loved ones in the Grenfell Tower disaster … or putting a few ££ in the TZ UK Fundraiser.

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 29th June 2017 at 17:04.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Nearly all replies to the original post are 'ME ME ME … WANT WANT WANT ' .. and not one word about e.g. helping those who lost homes and loved ones in the Grenfell Tower disaster … or putting a few ££ in the TZ UK Fundraiser.

dunk
    That's probably because the opening post said at the very beginning:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    ...and you have £150million to spend on property and cars, ignoring for now charity donations, investments, your work, watches, helping out friends and relations and so on. That's £150million to spend on you....
    I'm quite happy with my answer to this hypothetical question and I feel I make enough charity donations in real life.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

dunk
    There are threads dealing with these issues already,which include those which have raised lots of cash for the Grenfell residents. This is a fun thread...lighten up.

Apprentice
    Homes in Aspen , New England & New York .
    Cars 🤔🤔 vintage BMW csl , Audi Rs6 , Rolls-Royce wraith .
    Oh and carry on buying the big issue. ( keeping it real ) 😏

dunk

Perhaps because many people do not feel the need to advertise their charitable giving.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Ferrari F40, 288GTO and 246 Dino
    Porsche 993 GT2, Carrera GT, 2.7 RS and a Singer hot rod.
    Ducati Panigale Supperleggera
    Probably a Range Rover, for the sensible car.
    Plus some nice properties - Italian lakes, Swiss Alps, Cornwall and The Ardeche.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Well, you lot have all missed out.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Well, you lot have all missed out.

R
    That's a shame. I guess somebody else will now buy the mini McLennan chronometer and that pair of Jan van Kessel the Elder paintings in the upcoming Sotheby's sales...