closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA: Hamilton Field Chronograph 38mm

PSA: Hamilton Field Chronograph 38mm

After recently looking at another thread re smaller chronograph watches I started to remember that I had always liked the look of the Hamilton Field Chrono. but had only ever seen them in photos.
    The one that appealed to me most was the 38mm version on the bracelet as this would give me the scope to change from steel\leather and nato if required. A quick search on google show up a few sellers one of which was Ashford based in the usa who I had purchased from in the past without any issues.

The sale price on the Ashford website lists the watch at $777 which is not bad in its self, however I made them an offer on their ebay page and they accepted $600, they have 5 left for sale so hopefully some else get get the same deal.

http://www.ashford.com/us/watches/ha..._cat5001&so=26

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hamilton-K...i:152244476826

The watch is very well made saying that the bracelet is not up to IWC standards, but I'm sure it will cope with anything I can throw at it.

Thanks for that I love the look of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Good price. One was on Chronomaster recently at £695 on a leather strap. That Valjoux movt is I think in the more expensive chronos eg IWC 3706 (happy to be corrected)

Can I ask in your first photo the end links look totally at odds with the brushed finish of the watch lugs is it as bad in real life, and did you get hit with any charges ordering?

Thanks

Thanks for posting up these pictures, Looks really nice and it wears well on all those different straps too, making it a pretty versatile chrono. I assume you had to pay tax on it and with shipping I guess it was around £600-650? Which is pretty good for a 7750. Looks like it wears well too, on the ebay page they say it's 15mm thick which isn't to bad and it looks like it sits well on your wrist. I think the finishing is pretty good myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    The one that appealed to me most was the 38mm version
    Is this particular model available in other sizes too? I know many hamilton models come in a choice of 38, 40 and 42mm versions, but I had a look on the Hamilton site and this one doesn't seem to be listed.

I've currently got the silver panda dialled 42mm version of this (this one), which I really like, especially with the applied numerals, but will need to sell soon because my collection has got a bit out of hand recently and my Sinn 103 has pretty much taken over the panda-dial slot.

I could see myself going for a black-dialled version in the future, but I find 38mm just a bit too small. I'm trying to standardise around 40-42mm.

Master
    What a tasteful and compact piece!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    Had a couple of Hammys and think they represent excellent value for money, always performed well timing wise and never had a problem. Nice looking chrono in a great size. Not a huge nato fan but the field models seem to suit them particularly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robti View Post
    Can I ask in your first photo the end links look totally at odds with the brushed finish of the watch lugs is it as bad in real life, and did you get hit with any charges ordering?

Thanks
    There is a slight change to the appearance of the case against the bracelet but it's mainly down to the way the light hits the watch, but it's not an issue on the wrist. As for charges the whole package including carriage and taxes means that it cost just over £600.

This one looks pretty good.

Those Hamilton chronos are exceptional value, congratulations!!

Always thought Hamilton were good value for money, seem to get a lot for the price.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk