Thread: Nautilus: Blue or white dial?

Apprentice
    White for me all day long . Classy

Blue:

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Blue:

;)
    Wow. This is really very handsome watch.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    There is a difference in the blue shades of the Nautilus and the RO. I like the RO blue better.

Quote Originally Posted by johnfm View Post
    Popped into my AD yesterday - should get one in around 12 months.

I was going to go blue dial - but tried on the white and must admit it, too, is a lovely looking watch.

So, what's the preference on here?

Blue

or white?

Sadly, I cannot afford the 5726 (TBH, I can't really afford the 5711 - but making an effort to stretch for it!), as this is my favourite in the Nautilus range:
    12 months would be very unusual for a blue - I was quoted anything from 24 months to 60 months, and that's before things went a little crazy earlier in the year/end of last year. A white dial will be easier to come by for most, and I do love them, but I am also glad I went for the blue dial. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I have been waiting another 5711 to give as a present, and a 5167 to add to my weekly rotation list, so we will see when they come into stock.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    It's blue for me, although I've never seen one in the metal.. Lovely watch and on the list for the future (that said, the AP looks equally lovely..)

I went for blue as it reminded me of the original.

I haven't been paying much attention to the watch market recently, but I get the feeling I shouldn't have sold it in 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Blue:

;)
    Interesting you post that - I was just now reading about the early RO. It is also a lovely, simple, iconic object.

It features the one thing I think the 5711 is lacking - the dial coloured date wheel. White numeral against dark background looks much better than a whie date wheel.

Craftsman
    Got to be blue. Seems to be the more classic look for PP

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The white adds a lot of youth to an ageing and staid design.

Master
    I don't love the Genta grey-blue on this 5711, but unless the white is knocking your socks off I'd go for the blue with its tremendously comforting resale.

If i may share...i was fortunate enough to get the 5711 in blue for a little less than 19k USD 7 years ago brand new.

During that time 5711s were not that popular. In fact when my friend saw my watch, we ordered from the AD and it was available in 2 weeks. Then came the white model...since then the blue became scarce in the market.

I then asked one of the big bosses in the regional office for Asia on a possible explanation. I even suggested that PP might have reduced the number 5711 blue dials. The big boss simply answered; there was no reduction in allocations of blue 5711s, when the white dial came out, clients decided that they wanted the blue! The white dial became a catalyst for the 5711 blue to be one of the most sought after Nautilus. (Of course this is only his opinion and might be subjective towards the blue)

Just sharing and not necessarily gospel truth.

Craftsman
    USD 19k! You can't even get a preowned loose blue dial 5711 now at this price.

Journeyman
    Blue dial any day

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    The white adds a lot of youth to an ageing and staid design.

OR it's just a stone cold classic? Just saying....

Master
    I saw a white one in a window around Hatton Garden the other day - it did have a very fresh and clean feel to it that you could learn to love. However, white dialled sports watches always feel right in the summer. The rest of the year round I'd take the blue. The white was much more appealing than I expected though, and there's something to be said for the less obvious choice, especially at the right price. At the same price though, blue.

Journeyman
    Can't go wrong with either (I'd get the blue)

Master
    I think they are both great and I'd be very happy with either. However I'd probably base it on what other watches I had.

I've a white 116500 so I'd go blue which is what I'm considering doing if I can get one.

Journeyman
    Would be blue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Blue is classic, but white is really good-looking...

Craftsman

I was going to go blue dial - but tried on the white and must admit it, too, is a lovely looking watch.

Blue

or white?

Sadly, I cannot afford the 5726 (TBH, I can't really afford the 5711 - but making an effort to stretch for it!), as this is my favourite in the Nautilus range:

they had a white one in store? where?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I think they are both great and I'd be very happy with either. However I'd probably base it on what other watches I had.

I've a white 116500 so I'd go blue which is what I'm considering doing if I can get one.
    That would be a fantastic combo!

Journeyman
    Too costly to be adventurous, its got to be Blue

Journeyman
    Blue but whatever makes you smile the most is the one to go for!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    White is nice, but for me the Blue edges it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Always the blue for the 5711. Think some of the other models look better with the white dial.

Journeyman

Blue

or white?

Maybe wait a while and get the 5726? That's my fav of the lot.

If not, which ever fills the void in your collection. 👍🏻

Craftsman
    Not sure of the price difference between the 5711 and the 5726 but if you have to wait a year surely you would be better off trying to save the difference and get the watch you desire the most.

Craftsman
    Unless it's from an AD would imagine it's in the region of 5k given the crazy 5711 premium (for the blue anyhow)

Quote Originally Posted by ml.williams View Post
    Not sure of the price difference between the 5711 and the 5726 but if you have to wait a year surely you would be better off trying to save the difference and get the watch you desire the most.
    +1

Craftsman
    Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by ml.williams View Post
    It will be a heck of a stretch to a 5711. The wife will not be too pleased if I 'invest' 5726 money in a watch...plus I'm sorting of growing on how thin the 5711 is.

Craftsman
    It will be a heck of a stretch to a 5711. The wife will not be too pleased if I 'invest' 5726 money in a watch...plus I'm sorting of growing on how thin the 5711 is.
    I'm not in the market for one but would imagine a 5711 from an AD in the UK would be hard to get within a year. Think you'd be better off picking the 5726 and avoid paying the 5711 premium (there is a much smaller one on the 5726). Haven't looked at stats but pretty sure they're the same thickness

Craftsman

Blue

or white?

Blue all the way, but I'd be very surprised if they actually got a blue 5711 available in 12 months. If so, just buy it and sell it at a big profit?

Quote Originally Posted by crooky13 View Post
    I'm not in the market for one but would imagine a 5711 from an AD in the UK would be hard to get within a year. Think you'd be better off picking the 5726 and avoid paying the 5711 premium (there is a much smaller one on the 5726). Haven't looked at stats but pretty sure they're the same thickness
    They are thicker. The 5711 has no complications (well, a date wheel).

5726 is noticeably thicker.

I'll just wait - it may be 18 months. No great rush - I've just blown a bit of my watch fund on something else, so happy to wait a bit!!

Yes the 5726 is significantly thicker in almost all aspects... Bezel lugs case etc but Patek made it very proportional.

If you were drawn to the 5711 bec of its proportions and comfort, don't buy a 5726 unless you've worn or tried it on for size.

Craftsman
    They are thicker. The 5711 has no complications (well, a date wheel).

5726 is noticeably thicker.
    Sorry didn't realise. Assumed they were the same, or very similar, as the 5712 was not noticeably thicker than the 5711 (to me anyhow when trying them on)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Depending on your existing collection I'd go blue but the white surely is an amazing summer watch.

I much prefer blue

But the above is sensible

Blue dial!

Master

Also my favourite watch, either in this grey or in the white...

As for your dilemma... the white date window really spoils the lovely blueness of the dial for me. People go on about the "fit and finish" of PP, but I think the date windows in these watches are very poorly executed (font, background and aperture border). So, if it weren't for that, I'd say blue. As it is - white.

Craftsman

Master
    I've become more and more drawn to the white-dialled 5711 the more I've looked at it. I'm a real fan and would take one over the blue, resale value be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    I've become more and more drawn to the white-dialled 5711 the more I've looked at it. I'm a real fan and would take one over the blue, resale value be damned.
    Its a stunning watch, and whilst there's a small differential in used values it's still a rock solid investment. I absolutely love mine.

Feel I would've been inclined to say blue initially, but that white face really stands out when actually on the wrist

Craftsman
    Go for the brown dial

After having the pleasure of trying one on a few years ago I'd go white, the contrast between the dial and the handset and markers gives it a really clean and classy look.

Master
    Blue for me.

Journeyman
    For me I find the Blue really pops.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    White for me

Master
    Both amazing but I'm a sucker for a blue dial.