closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: GoT

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    The ravens used in the series have swing wings and can run full afterburner 100% of the time.

Or so I deduce from the last episode.
    Seriously!

and Daenarys' dragons must be capable of supersonic flight.

Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    The ravens used in the series have swing wings and can run full afterburner 100% of the time.

Or so I deduce from the last episode.
    The theory now goes the Night King was happy to wait out and play the long game knowing dragons were on the way. I mean they could possibly have survived an additional 2 days(?) on that rock thing? Maybe enough time for that all to happen.

Well they were all cold but they had a dude who could set his sword on fire! Handy the walkers found all those chains and managed to attach them under water.

IMO one of the poorest GoT episodes in a good few seasons. Pacing has gone from too slow in parts to far too quick in the name of fitting everything in. In a previous longer season the end of the season would have been Jon Snow's hand coming out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    Well they were all cold but they had a dude who could set his sword on fire! Handy the walkers found all those chains and managed to attach them under water.

IMO one of the poorest GoT episodes in a good few seasons. Pacing has gone from too slow in parts to far too quick in the name of fitting everything in. In a previous longer season the end of the season would have been Jon Snow's hand coming out of the water.
    Not sure - he's died once, again with a jon cliffhanger would be just silly.

I think he'll survive the whole thing as that would be the saddest outcome. Can't see Dany sitting on the iron throne at all.

Was all a bit of a blur
    How many were in the raiding party? A fair few seemed to die, but all the main characters were still there at the end (except Paul Kaye)
    Where did the 2nd dragon (Rhaegal?) go?
    Some funny Tormund/Hound banter this episode
    Oh, and i can never tell the difference between Gendry and Podrick, are they the same person?
    Last edited by Brighty; 22nd August 2017 at 10:16.

It was very good and bad as people have said, it took them the same time to run 100m to that rock / island as it did for the guy (whos name I cant remember) to run all the way back to the wall!! so in theory they could have all just ran back. And in the time they sat on the rock a raven flew all the way to the other side of the country and the dragons flew back.

The action was good and the shortcuts needed to happen to keep the action going. Again the dragon schemes are very well done even though 1 did vanish half way into the action.

A few glaring issues - Jon went to get dragonglass to flight the walkers but then took none with him!!!! Even with a bigger army and now that its apparent the Dragons are not much use against the dead who also now they have their own dragon can they even win this? Or is it going to be a total twist and more of a end of the world storyline with the ice king sitting on the iron throne at the end and everyone else dead.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Was all a bit of a blur
    How many were in the raiding party? A fair few seemed to die, but all the main characters were still there at the end (except Paul Kaye)
    Where did the 2nd dragon (Rhaegal?) go?
    Some funny Tormund/Hound banter this episode
    Oh, and i can never tell the difference between Gendry and Podrick, are they the same person?
    I would watch just a Tormund TV series. The wife was yelling pretty loudly when it looked like he was going to eat it in the last episode.

I'm not a big fan of over-analysing what is essentially popcorn entertainment, so some of the above doesn't bother me. I think though, the pacing issues are a legitimate criticism - it's almost a different programme in parts i.e. there are sections of the usual GoT lengthy banter/character stuff, interspersed with what could be sections taken out of typical fantasy movies. Neither would be an issue on their own, but put together is a little odd, especially in the context of previous seasons.

Master
    Continuity wise, my wife and I were screaming at the TV "WHY didn't they take dragon-glass swords"? All the whining Jon did to be allowed to mine it, you'd think he'd have taken a little sliver of the stuff perhaps!

Time-line wise, I don't see any pacing issues to be fair.
    If this was spread over a couple of episodes and intertwined with another storyline then it would have all worked perfectly. Truth is, this is THE storyline now, so they had to focus one full episode on this segment (travelling beyond the wall, capturing a Wight, run-in with the Night King and his army, sending for help then the rescue).

I presume in "GoT time" this was a couple of days worth of story - they didn't get frost on their 'taches and turn blue in an hour - it was just a bit jarring for the audience seeing it all happen over a 60 minute episode.

Next week should be a fantastic showing, I can't quite believe we're at the end of the series already! Night King v's Night-Watch should be entertaining.

Now to get a bit nerdy about it!
    We've heard loads about the "Lord of Light" but it has now been hinted that he/she may be a character we know... but who?? Possibly the Night King? Would be a cool twist.

Related to that is "The Price Who Was Promised", sent by the Lord of Light - saviour sent to battle the Wight Walkers with his flaming sword Lightbringer, forged over 100 hours by himself as a skilled blacksmith.
    It's been mentioned so many times that I can't see this character not making an appearance.
    Clues point to Jon (resurrected by Lord of Light) or Daenerys (the fire connection) but they seem to obvious. There is another character just been brought back who just happens to be a blacksmith... possible?

By the way, the Hound reaction to The Lord of Light talk was epic. "I've met lots of Lords. They were all c**ts. Your Lord of Light will be no different".

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

By the way, the Hound reaction to The Lord of Light talk was epic. "I've met lots of Lords. They were all c**ts. Your Lord of Light will be no different".
    Best part of the episode.

Blog Entries
    Continuity wise, my wife and I were screaming at the TV "WHY didn't they take dragon-glass swords"? All the whining Jon did to be allowed to mine it, you'd think he'd have taken a little sliver of the stuff perhaps:
    I think they did Kev, they had daggers made of the stuff. When they were fighting the bear one of them walked over and killed it with a quick stab after they had been hacking at it for ages with swords.Also when they were fighting the army a couple of them were running round with the knives killing the walkers, no idea why they couldn't have made at least a couple of axes though

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    I think they did Kev, they had daggers made of the stuff. When they were fighting the bear one of them walked over and killed it with a quick stab after they had been hacking at it for ages with swords.Also when they were fighting the army a couple of them were running round with the knives killing the walkers, no idea why they couldn't have made at least a couple of axes though
    i thought they did too. Everyone apart from Jon, with his Valerian steel sword, the 2 flaming sword guys and Gendry with his hammer, had dragon glass. The hound drops Gendry's hammer and switches to a dragon glass dagger at one point

Craftsman

Not mentioning that the fire sword could have been used on the ice as well.
    Also as the dragons were there, why didn't they just roast the Night King?

Anyone notice this bit? I didn't .

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/...s-sword-139084
    Cheers..
    Jase

Hmmm I think that's frost getting washed off when his hands come out the water. There was a Q&A with the director and he said he hadn't planned it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I feel like that's just water splashing on it lol

Master
    I certainly didn't spot that either.

Red face

Agree - there was no logic in NOT attacking the Night King with the Dragons. But that would have been too easy! :)

Quote Originally Posted by vcarter View Post
    Not mentioning that the fire sword could have been used on the ice as well.
    Also as the dragons were there, why didn't they just roast the Night King?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    Agree - there was no logic in NOT attacking the Night King with the Dragons. But that would have been too easy! :)
    Trying to justify this - Dany doesn't really know about the night king or what to look for. Her aim was to save the group. Plus it all happened quite quick in her losing the dragon, so clouded thinking maybe?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Trying to justify this - Dany doesn't really know about the night king or what to look for. Her aim was to save the group. Plus it all happened quite quick in her losing the dragon, so clouded thinking maybe?
    Agree, I mean she didn't even completely believe the walking dead were real.

From her perspective she flew in, saw her group surrounded and acted immediately.

Maybe she should have had a look around. If she did she would have spotted the white walker generals fairly easily but it's not like she's well experienced in battle.

Master
    Looking forward to tonight's episode. For the first time I think I'll get up at 2am and watch it.

I have a suspicion that the Stark sisters have been playing Little Finger with Bran's help (his being able to see everything that is and has been), and the fighting between them is an act to bring him out. Hopefully we'll see in this episode.

'Chaos is a ladder'
    Last edited by Schofie; 27th August 2017 at 21:56.

Master
    Cracking season finale.

That last scene was amazing.. Can't believe we have to wait another 2 years for the final season!

That was a great finale. Classic GoT in terms of feel and pacing.

Looking at this series as a whole, I think it’s been up there with the best of the previous ones. I fully agree with the criticisms of the rushed storylines and questionable timescales, but they’ve needed to cover a lot of ground to be able to wrap it up in one more series. You wonder if 10 episodes would’ve been better, but these have been longer episodes than previous series.

It’ll be be a shame if it spills over into 2019 before we see it though.

Master
    Way to go Jamie. I wonder if he'll eventually end up killing Cersei.

Also, has it ever snowed before in King's Landing?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    Way to go Jamie. I wonder if he'll eventually end up killing Cersei.

Also, has it ever snowed before in King's Landing?
    Shhh, not everyone will have seen it yet

That final scene!!!

Had my doubts after the penultimate episode but they pulled it together in fine style in the final one...horror, pathos, redemption, betrayal and revenge. Ticked all the boxes for me.

Looking forward to the great war.

Nearly forgot humour, Bronn deadpan as ever.
    Last edited by Passenger; 28th August 2017 at 13:00.

Master
    Stunning!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent episode - pacing much better and classic game of thrones episode. I remember why I watch this series - the characters!

You can also see why certain arcs were slowed down to put them in this finale.

One thing though - in the grand scheme of things not much happened this series with the white walkers. Slow progress on that front. Lots to discuss once the slow coaches catch up

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Shhh, not everyone will have seen it yet
    Oh come on! We've been told that winter is coming for 7 years now ;)

Master

Spoiler content

Spoiler content. Don't read if you haven't seen the finale yet

The Little Finger arc finally came to the conclusion that was becoming apparent in the last couple of episodes. It was obvious that with Bran's vision he would be aiding his sisters in springing the trap for him. This was a great ending for him, and I really enjoyed seeing him unable to speak his final words. A fitting farewell.

The travel time of the army of the dead vs. Jon and Dany, plus their army which will be on foot, getting back to Winterfell then the wall is going to be another frustrating one methinks. The dead are not far from Winterfell but the unsulied and Dothraky army are weeks away. Still, it's difficult to question the reality of a show that has dragons and witches in it.

It will be interesting to see how the Dany and Jon story plays out. Shagging your sister surely never ends well so I can see one of them dying in the final season. If she's pregnant it'll be him and if not it'll be her with him taking his place on the iron throne.

I've really enjoyed this season but I do hope the writers heed the deserved questioning of some of the rushed plots and do a little better with the final season. It would be a shame for the final season to be a disappointment after such a fantastic show so far.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the Dany and Jon story plays out. Shagging your sister surely never ends well.
    I think she's his Aunt so all good........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I think she's his Aunt so all good........
    How on earth did that one slip me by!

Master
    My wife has told me I need to watch this so im starting it tonight. She's starting again

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    How on earth did that one slip me by!
    It's bloody complicated!

Master
    I've a sneaky feeling the last series could see Daenerys, Sansa and Cersei all pregnant to signify the start of next generation and for some reason if Jon dies right at the end the last ever scene will be the birth of his son. Probably talking total loblocks but that's my guess.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I've a sneaky feeling the last series could see Daenerys, Sansa and Cersei all pregnant to signify the start of next generation and for some reason if Jon dies right at the end the last ever scene will be the birth of his son. Probably talking total loblocks but that's my guess.
    Who would you think would be the father of Sansa child? My money would be on Podrick or Bronn.

Anyone who dared make a pass at Arya would likely end up like Theon...

Maisie Williams lost her screen virginity in a film called The Falling. Not, I have to say, in the slightest sexy way. She played a psychotic teen. The film didn't get good reviews in IMDb, whatever that's worth, but I thought it was worth watching. A Brit independent film well made, scripted and acted.
    Last edited by Glamdring; 28th August 2017 at 23:24.

Master
    I'm finally caught-up. Great finale!

Yay Jaime, finally!

They've made a bit of a fuss about the Lone Wolf stuff - "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
    Who's that then, given that Jon Snow isn't a Stark (who have the Wolf as their family symbol), could it mean one of the sisters has to sacrifice themselves at some stage here?

Master
    Just watched the last episode again and I couldn't make out if Tormund got clear or if he went down with the wall?
    Anyone else notice if he made it out?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Just watched the last episode again and I couldn't make out if Tormund got clear or if he went down with the wall?
    Anyone else notice if he made it out?

He made it out - too big a character to kill off without making a fuss. Some of his chaps went with the wall but he was in a group running for it as rubble tumbled all over, claiming a few lives but not (I don't think) his.

Blog Entries
    Belter that episode - who was the clever bean predicting the Stark sisters collaboration???

Master
    Just remembered this :

Who is the Hound talking about when he tells his brother 'You know who's coming for you' when they first see each other at the meeting? Is there anyone out to get the Mountain apart from Arya? I don't think he's that scared of her.

Just remembered this :

Who is the Hound talking about when he tells his brother 'You know who's coming for you' when they first see each other at the meeting? Is there anyone out to get the Mountain apart from Arya? I don't think he's that scared of her.
    My first reaction was, and I am a pretty casual follower of GoT, he was referring to himself. A lifetime's slow pursuit of revenge from their fighting in childhood (and the burns incident).

Plus they are now definitely on opposing sides so revenge is apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Belter that episode - who was the clever bean predicting the Stark sisters collaboration???
    I think most people due to all the leaks! Pretty much all the leaks were spot on it seems (tried my best to avoid them, but damn difficult).

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    My first reaction was, and I am a pretty casual follower of GoT, he was referring to himself. A lifetime's slow pursuit of revenge from their fighting in childhood (and the burns incident).

Jup he's referring to himself. Some people think the producers may have pandered up to the audience with such an explicit sentence on it. We've been chomping at the bit for this for a while now

He made it out - too big a character to kill off without making a fuss. Some of his chaps went with the wall but he was in a group running for it as rubble tumbled all over, claiming a few lives but not (I don't think) his.
    He better because I want to see that love triangle between him, Brianne and the Hound.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post

So the Cleganebowl is finally happening in the next season? Some people are saying that the Hound will be using one of those flaming swords to kill his brother, in some sort of 'an eye for an eye' type of thing.

I'd still like Arya to kill the Mountain though, would make for a more interesting fight.

Master
    So the Cleganebowl is finally happening in the next season? Some people are saying that the Hound will be using one of those flaming swords to kill his brother, in some sort of 'an eye for an eye' type of thing.

I'd still like Arya to kill the Mountain though, would make for a more interesting fight.
    I think Arya would beat him. Look how stupid she made Brienne look. A few well placed strikes around the back of his knees to bring him down and then play with him.

He better because I want to see that love triangle between him, Brianne and the Hound.
    You forgot to add Jamie to the mix.....Brienne is one hell of in demand woman