closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GoT

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post
    An old friend plays one of the characters that has been in it since day 1. When he flew out to Ireland to start filming, his explanation to us was that it was that it was basically the Sopranos set in medieval times. Pretty accurate.
    Dragons and the dead wandering around were common in medieval times... right?

M

Im on series five. Im only still watching it because i fancy daenerys targareon and i hope , somehow , that she notices me.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    I've had to avoid this thread whilst on holiday - all caught up now. Excellent start.

If you don't watch Thronecast it's worth giving it a go. Fairly light hearted but explains so much for, previous series that I'd forgotten. Ramsey Bolton was the guest star this week.

Another decent episode this week. Oddly though, some terrible acting from Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), who's normally quite good.

Master
    More shots of Missandei please

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    More shots of Missandei please
    Yeah she was looking more polished and radiant than usual. I'm thinking the actress might be pregnant or something.

I've given up on got. I don't think daenerys targaryen is ever going to notice me .

I watched about 2 episodes of the Sopranos, and to be honest I was bored.

GoT on the other hand, IMO is probably the best thing I've seen on a screen.

Shall I give Sopranos another go? (or it is a bit old hat now?) - how long does it take to get going?

Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post
    I watched about 2 episodes of the Sopranos, and to be honest I was bored.

GoT on the other hand, IMO is probably the best thing I've seen on a screen.

Shall I give Sopranos another go? (or it is a bit old hat now?) - how long does it take to get going?
    You can pick up the sopranos anywhere. You could skip series one and two for example. I think series 5 is when it comes into its own, but you need a bit of backfill to appreciate it.
    But if you prefer thrones, maybe sopranos isn't your thing

Master
    The title of the third episode doesn't bode well for some characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    The title of the third episode doesn't bode well for some characters.
    [tried hard to avoid spoilers, for those who haven't watched S72 yet]

I don't think it is much of a leap to say that once Cersei gets her hands on her 'presents' that there is going to be some medieval nastiness and retribution going on.

Surely one armada from a sea faring people would spot another armada bearing down on them before the very last second?

Seemed a little odd

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Surely one armada from a sea faring people would spot another armada bearing down on them before the very last second?

Seemed a little odd
    Yes, this occurred to me too. Seemed a little implausible. Whereas everything else in GoT is perfectly plausible, of course!

Craftsman
    And how come the fireballs seemed to be fired from somewhere about 100 feet in the air and not lobbed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by welshlad View Post
    Whereas everything else in GoT is perfectly plausible, of course!
    Of course. It is a bit daft picking holes in it I suppose.

Wish the film crew would turn the lights on in some scenes though.

Of course. It is a bit daft picking holes in it I suppose.

Wish the film crew would turn the lights on in some scenes though.
    I think Learningtofly is in control of the GoT lightning.

Master

Seemed a little odd
    I though it was very inconsiderate timing given what was about to happen!

I've never seen a single episode either and judging from the comments about it from the halfwits in the office I won't be.

Game of Thrones is one of the best thing's I've seen on-screen.

I won't be watching on Sky, - it's such a fantastic production I always wait for the blurays, - it's something that needs to be appreciated in HD - audibly and visually.

Grand Master

Seemed a little odd

It was a bit of a jump to see the entire fleet destroyed within minutes, you can see the writers are moving towards something, but it's a bit of a rush job i guess.

Master
    Have to agree with the ending of the last episode. Just seemed like an afterthought they had to get in. All happened too quickly and too one sided.

I won't be watching on Sky, - it's such a fantastic production I always wait for the blurays, - it's something that needs to be appreciated in HD - audibly and visually.
    Isn't it shown in HD on Sky Atlantic HD?

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    It was a bit of a jump to see the entire fleet destroyed within minutes, you can see the writers are moving towards something, but it's a bit of a rush job i guess.
    Perhaps just saving production costs?!

Grand Master
    Maybe, but it just looks a bit rushed, it's the same with what happened earlier with the love scene, you can guess that he's not making it back now as that was almost a soap opera level scene, i don't think George R R Martin would have been so rushed, he's the opposite end of the spectrum, which does kind of show up the new writing style for the show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    ... don't think George R R Martin would have been so rushed, ....
    Some people think he could do with being a *tiny* bit more rushed than he has so far!

Craftsman

I wish they would show it in 4K! Is it really that much better on blu ray than sky hd?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Have I got it right that there is only one more series after this one?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Have I got it right that there is only one more series after this one?
    Yep

I downloaded the first 2 US shown episodes of S7 in 1080p for the wife to watch. Popped in the SD card in to the TV and while I didn't watch it myself the picture quality was very good and full screen which helps.

Picture quality is pretty good on Sky imo. It's shot very dark, so it's never going to pop like something glossy like Riviera though.

I suspect it's too sfx-heavy/too many large sets to be shot in 4K - production costs are high enough as it is.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    He is really good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Have to agree with the ending of the last episode. Just seemed like an afterthought they had to get in. All happened too quickly and too one sided.
    Yara (best bum in GOT) only stole a few of the ships where as Euron was left with about 3/4s of the fleet.

Glad to see they've immediately replaced Ramsay Bolton with another entertaining villain in Euron Greyjoy. Loved the looks between him and the Mountain, you could see he fancied his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post

Glad I followed the link now. Very good, and amusing too

Master
    A great episode (3) last night - "Does she like it gentle or rough or finger in the bum?" 😂

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    A great episode (3) last night - "Does she like it gentle or rough or finger in the bum?" 
    I am enjoying this season too - but do we feel the pace is a bit too fast? Some big scenes are racing by. I half have the feeling the budget constraints may play a part - not cheap to keep showing big battles.

Also all the episodes 1hr long, so they are running longer (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    do we feel the pace is a bit too fast? Some big scenes are racing by. I half have the feeling the budget constraints may play a part

Most definitely. Totally agree.
    Feels like they are trying to ram 3 series into a single series - "quick lads, let's wrap this up pronto!" Which is a shame, especially after this has been soooo good previously.

Agreed the pace has definitely picked up, no bad thing imo, after all winter has finally come.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Agreed the pace has definitely picked up, no bad thing imo, after all winter has finally come.
    Well everyone keeps talking about the long night - and I'm still not totally convinced that 'winter' is actually here properly. Shouldnt winter also reach king's landing? And will the series actually see us through winter?

Not sure why they're racing through. Could easily milk this for a few more seasons....

And Dany looks as amazing as ever it has to be said

She certainly does

Craftsman
    this season has been absolutely insane.

I feel like compared to the previous seasons it's all moving at an incredible pace. I almost feel the need to rewatch them immediately to understand all the implications.

it's like 'oh hey Jon, you need to get to dragonstone'. five minutes later, he's getting off the boat at dragonstone.

there's been enough content in the last 3 episodes to comprise a whole book already.

Blog Entries
    Don't know why they are rushing it so much, why didn't they just stick to 10 episodes instead of a shorter series?
    Don't think it's going to end well for dragon lady, lost all her boats now and half her army are stranded.
    Euron Greyjoy is just running round doing a great Lord Flasheart impersonation, just needs to shout 'woof' more at the ladies. Not sure if it's in the TV show but fairly sure in the books he has a massive horn, ooer, that controls dragons?
    I certainly don't think it's heading for a happy ever after ending

Journeyman
    i'm only watching it now because i've watched all the others and there's only two seasons left oh and also in the hope that the dragon woman will get her kit off again...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Lady Olenna Tyrell of Highgarden had the best lines lastnight. Nicely delivered by Dianna Rigg sharing her views on Joffrey like a true Doncaster lass.

Quote Originally Posted by flareslove View Post

I feel like compared to the previous seasons it's all moving at an incredible pace. I almost feel the need to rewatch them immediately to understand all the implications.

it's like 'oh hey Jon, you need to get to dragonstone'. five minutes later, he's getting off the boat at dragonstone.

there's been enough content in the last 3 episodes to comprise a whole book already.
    As someone who complained that some of the previous series dragged it out a bit, I think they've gone a bit too far the other way now.

Can't argue that they're not moved the plot along though. I think pacing has always been GoT's weakness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Don't know why they are rushing it so much, why didn't they just stick to 10 episodes instead of a shorter series?
    Don't think it's going to end well for dragon lady, lost all her boats now and half her army are stranded.
    Euron Greyjoy is just running round doing a great Lord Flasheart impersonation, just needs to shout 'woof' more at the ladies. Not sure if it's in the TV show but fairly sure in the books he has a massive horn, ooer, that controls dragons?
    I certainly don't think it's heading for a happy ever after ending
    Ha ha

So right... he has a couple of top lines though!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Lady Olenna Tyrell of Highgarden had the best lines lastnight. Nicely delivered by Dianna Rigg sharing her views on Joffrey like a true Doncaster lass.
    Quite brilliant her last scene... I wonder if she's got into Jamie's head a little? He'll have a choice to make at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    We did enjoy that

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by flareslove View Post

Yup, it being rushed through that's for sure, with fewer episodes i guess it's to be expected. I did lol @ how fast the Lanister army just walked right up & destroyed an entire enemy army that was entrenched in a castle. No seige warfare in this series.... nope! Takes waaay to long xD.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Big mistake to decide to wrap up the entire thing in two series. Inevitably it's going to be rushed. Such a shame.

Its got withnail and lovejoy in the same episode. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Master
    Time and possible money is the reason why the show is moving faster than before, I remember I think on Thronecast they mentioned the scenes for "Battle of the Bastards" took 20 plus days to film, over 500 extras and 100 horses something akin to LOTR (Two Towers & Return of the King) battles scenes.

IMO cramming the usual 10 episodes into 7 episodes will always overlook the sea battle of the Greyjoys and battles at Casterly Rock & High Garden because any new battle scenes has to be better or equal to Battle of the Bastards scenes but hopefully there will be something special like that in season 7.
    Also the cast is getting older in the show & real life (especially the actors/actresses playing Sansa, Bran & Arya) and are contracted to or wanting to do other things like theater, film & higher education.