closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GoT

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I think Arya would beat him. Look how stupid she made Brienne look. A few well placed strikes around the back of his knees to bring him down and then play with him.
    That's true; almost forgot about that

Craftsman
    What a finale that was eh? The wall collapsed too easily, any survivors better be hauling a$$ or they're dead too.

All set for next season now, how long do we have to wait???

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Great episode this series has been too short though! Good to see little fingers demise! And Theon Greyjoy start to grow a pair even though they have been removed!!

Master
    Did anyone else notice that as we panned in to "the Wall" at the end, it ends about half a mile away from the action. Why didn't the walkers just go round?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    So the Cleganebowl is finally happening in the next season? Some people are saying that the Hound will be using one of those flaming swords to kill his brother, in some sort of 'an eye for an eye' type of thing.

I'd still like Arya to kill the Mountain though, would make for a more interesting fight.
    I don't even think the mountain exists as a person. He's just a hunk of tormented reanimated flesh. When the Hound finds out I reckon he'll put him out of his misery and still miss out on his revenge.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Did anyone else notice that as we panned in to "the Wall" at the end, it ends about half a mile away from the action. Why didn't the walkers just go round?
    I think you'll find thats after they've done their thing with the dragon.

I was wondering about the coastal section that ends but its been emphasised the dead can't swim (not sure why though).

Makes sense structurally that its attacked here though rather than in the middle.

I'm pretty sure that Castle Black was established nowhere near the coast initially. Looks like it was shifted over a bit.

Aldo why didn't the dead attack the wall away from the nights watch? They could have been through abd marching to winterfell whilst the nights watch were all lurking about castle black wondering when the dead were showing up.

Pretty sure in the books the dead just walk along the sea bottom, could be wrong.

Great to see Littlefinger get his well earned comeuppance finally He was starting to remind me a bit of Grima Wormtongue out of LOR.

Maybe Podrick will use his "magic cock" and melt Arya's cold heart and other bits.

I reckon in a fight, playing with the Mountain or what remains of him would be a very bad strategy, remember the skull crushing scene from the last series..

Master
    If the dead can't swim how did they get dragon (Viserion) out from the bottom of the lake?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    If the dead can't swim how did they get dragon (Viserion) out from the bottom of the lake?
    Haha well done! Another plot hole

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I think you'll find thats after they've done their thing with the dragon.

I was wondering about the coastal section that ends but its been emphasised the dead can't swim (not sure why though).

Makes sense structurally that its attacked here though rather than in the middle.

I'm pretty sure that Castle Black was established nowhere near the coast initially. Looks like it was shifted over a bit.

Aldo why didn't the dead attack the wall away from the nights watch? They could have been through abd marching to winterfell whilst the nights watch were all lurking about castle black wondering when the dead were showing up.
    It wasn't Castle Black that was attacked, it was Eastwatch which is a different location.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Pretty sure in the books the dead just walk along the sea bottom, could be wrong.
    Then why would they ever have needed to be held back by the Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    Then why would they ever have needed to be held back by the Wall?
    Magic wall innit...

Fair point though I could be wrong it's several years since I read the books and I may have conflated these re/ animated dead men with other zombies form elsewhere.

Magic wall innit...

Fair point though I could be wrong it's several years since I read the books and I may have conflated these re/ animated dead men with other zombies form elsewhere.
    You thinking of 'Pirates of the Caribbean'?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjJuZCECRu4

Journeyman
    They made a point of saying the dead couldn't swim, would be a huge plot hole if they could swim right round the wall at Eastwatch!

Quote Originally Posted by lewwyt View Post
    They made a point of saying the dead couldn't swim, would be a huge plot hole if they could swim right round the wall at Eastwatch!
    What about dead fish brought back? Surely the Polar bear could swim?

they're not going around it though....

its been emphasised the dead can't swim
    How did they get that bloody dragon back onto dry land?

Craftsman
    Magic wall innit...

As I know in the books the legend says that the Wall was infused with powerful magic spells by the Children of the Forest that prevent the White Walkers from crossing it. So based on that, they've had no chance to cross the Wall without a Dragon, which raises the question, how did the NK know that he can get that dragon now....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by drhexagon View Post
    they're not going around it though....
    Apologies I should've said "would've been a huge plot hole"

Quote Originally Posted by vcarter View Post
    As I know in the books the legend says that the Wall was infused with powerful magic spells by the Children of the Forest that prevent the White Walkers from crossing it. So based on that, they've had no chance to cross the Wall without a Dragon, which raises the question, how did the NK know that he can get that dragon now....
    Destiny is all...

Plus this backwards and forwards in time thing that the raven/Brann and possibly the NK, he saw Brann on one of his mind trance jaunt thingies iirc, can do...
    Last edited by Passenger; 29th August 2017 at 22:02.

There is a lot we don't know about the white walkers including why they even want to come south. I sure hope we learn more about them in season 8. Maybe they're saving it for one of the spin offs...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    There is a lot we don't know about the white walkers including why they even want to come south. I sure hope we learn more about them in season 8. Maybe they're saving it for one of the spin offs...
    They want to come to south "to bring an end to all life and to cover the world in an endless winter".
    They've already tried it once during the Long Night, but were defeated by Azor Ahai and then the Wall was built.
    "According to prophecy, in ancient books of Asshai from over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again to challenge the Others. This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world."
    The reincarnation of Azor Ahai is the The Prince(ss) That Was Promised, who is from the House of Targaryen, so it could be either Daenerys or Jon/Aegon.

Master
    It wasn't Castle Black that was attacked, it was Eastwatch which is a different location.
    Ah there you go then

Master
    Destiny is all...

Plus this backwards and forwards in time thing that the raven/Brann and possibly the NK, he saw Brann on one of his mind trance jaunt thingies iirc, can do...
    I think if you consider Bran's plot line there is very little point in him being a character in the narrative unless he is actually the NK. Given the time and emphasis placed on his character it has to have a major pay off. And it can't just be Bran saves everyone through magic or doing a back to the future , that would be too lame.

I think the NK even looks similar to Bran facially now whereas he didn't initially. ( yeah I know physically we've already established another geezer became the NK but there is such a thing as playful foreshadowing).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vcarter View Post
    "According to prophecy, in ancient books of Asshai from over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again to challenge the Others. This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world."
    The reincarnation of Azor Ahai is the The Prince(ss) That Was Promised, who is from the House of Targaryen, so it could be either Daenerys or Jon/Aegon.

I doubt any of this matters. Goes against the whole humans are flawed and there are no real heroes philosophy of the story so far.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    How did they get that bloody dragon back onto dry land?
    Well a bunch of dead jump in to secure the chains and then stay down there. They are the dead after all what do they care where they end up?

Magic wall runs under the sea too. Dead can't swim, they sink and walk the floor. Water rots flesh and tendon. Dead are slow. By the time they get around underwater magic wall they have no muscle to move and fall to pieces. There. Plot hole fixed

'welcome

I think if you consider Bran's plot line there is very little point in him being a character in the narrative unless he is actually the NK. Given the time and emphasis placed on his character it has to have a major pay off. And it can't just be Bran saves everyone through magic or doing a back to the future , that would be too lame.

I think the NK even looks similar to Bran facially now whereas he didn't initially. ( yeah I know physically we've already established another geezer became the NK but there is such a thing as playful foreshadowing).
    An interesting notion, and they do look similar now.

Slightly OT but the Hodor episode imo remains one of the most emotionally powerful. Wow.

Blog Entries
    Bran Flake is the worst psychic since Mystic Meg.

'' I am the three eyed raven
    I know all, I see all
    Everything that has been
    Everything that will be
    Jon is the bastard son of ....
    TA DA DAAAAAAAAAA
    Rhaegar Targaeryn!!!!!!!''

Fat Sam
    ''Erm, actually they got married''

Bran Flake
    ''You sure? Hang on a sec.........

Master
    ^^^ yup that was a little lame

Craftsman
    Flaws aside, I really like this series, it's all coming together nicely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Bran Flake is the worst psychic since Mystic Meg.

'' I am the three eyed raven
    I know all, I see all
    Everything that has been
    Everything that will be
    Jon is the bastard son of ....
    TA DA DAAAAAAAAAA
    Rhaegar Targaeryn!!!!!!!''

Fat Sam
    ''Erm, actually they got married''

Bran Flake
    ''You sure? Hang on a sec.........
    I get the feeling that it's a case of Bran CAN see all but only if he looks for a specific thing.