closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GoT

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    That's not incest is it? How are they related?
    Have you watched season 6 Dave?

Birdies tell me it could happen.

I think Jamie will bump off Cersei - I reckon this because most of Arya's list has been offed by others. I bet she'll get Littlefinger on something though.

Journeyman
    Best episode until now in s7. To bad she didnt take all 3 dragons and burn everyone on that field!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Have you watched season 6 Dave?

Birdies tell me it could happen.

I think Jamie will bump off Cersei - I reckon this because most of Arya's list has been offed by others. I bet she'll get Littlefinger on something though.
    I'm up to speed.
    Didn't think Jon snow and dianerys targeryan were related though?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I'm up to speed.
    Didn't think Jon snow and dianerys targeryan were related though?
    Bran's vision from season 6 shows Ned defending a tower with his sister (Lyanna) inside giving birth to Jon. It's been heavily implied that Rhaeger was in love with Lyanna and they had a relationship - and so Jon's father. We're waiting for official confirmation when Bran and Jon reunite next episode.....

Blog Entries
    It's never been explained but,

In flashbacks young Ned goes to a tower to find his sister has had a baby, it's not revealed who the father is. Sister dies, Ned takes baby John home and brings him up as his bastard to protect him

Beaten to it
    Last edited by mickylall; 9th August 2017 at 20:02. Reason: fat fingers

Bran's vision from season 6 shows Ned defending a tower with his sister (Lyanna) inside giving birth to Jon. It's been heavily implied that Rhaeger was in love with Lyanna and they had a relationship - and so Jon's father. We're waiting for official confirmation when Bran and Jon reunite next episode.....
    Who's raeger?

Blog Entries
    Who's raeger?
    Targaryen, the fella who Ned and Robert are fighting against
    As in Danni Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Targaryen, the fella who Ned and Robert are fighting against
    Mate. Does that mean I'm in with a shout with the blonde bird?

Master
    Who's raeger?
    He's Daenaerys' eldest brother? So Jon should call Dany auntie.

Who's raeger?
    Older brother of Dany. Technically she's his Aunt.....but they're Targaryen so all ok for them to get it on. And even more technically he has more right to the throne than she does....

Quote Originally Posted by Kocka View Post
    Best episode until now in s7. To bad she didnt take all 3 dragons and burn everyone on that field!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk
    Couldnt agree more - 1st ten minutes were a bit slow and then my jaw dropped....

I must confess that i missed that completely.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I must confess that i missed that completely.
    Don't blame you. I find the visions a bit boring. I usually use the time to make a hot chocolate or get in some bong time.

Blog Entries
    Mate. Does that mean I'm in with a shout with the blonde bird?

Wouldn't be a problem for you Lord Davo of The Big Potatoes

Don't blame you. I find the visions a bit boring. I usually use the time to make a hot chocolate or get in some bong time.
    The Bran storyline has been done quite poorly in the TV show. Clearly its an important strand of the whole story otherwise they'd have binned it I reckon.

Wouldn't be a problem for you Lord Davo of The Big Potatoes
    I mean Davos is firing right into Missandei - brave man hitting on grey worms woman......Dany seems a walk in the park, only 3 dragons to get through......

Blog Entries
    Clearly its an important strand of the whole story otherwise they'd have binned it I reckon.

That's pretty much how I'm following it, if a character is no longer in it then they aren't going to have a say in it come the end. No Lady Stoneheart which is a bit surprising but good to see Bron still hanging in there

I think 'all' bran is going to have a key pivotal role in killing the white walkers
    Eg he may have a vision of some sacred bluestone or something that holds them all together, sees it in a vision, jonsnow goes deep beyond the wall, finds it and whacks it with some dragonglass and before you can say 'boomshakalak heartattack' all the white walkers shatter into a thousand pieces. Or something.

'all' bran
    Brilliant!

It's a shame the actor who plays him is very poor. He's seems to have mistaken the "act mysteriously" direction for "stare gormlessly into space and act completely wooden".

Brilliant!

It's a shame the actor who plays him is very poor. He's seems to have mistaken the "act mysteriously" direction for "stare gormlessly into space and act completely wooden".
    Yep exactly! He's totally misunderstood and turns in a totally wooden performance.

I'm hoping it's such an epic battle it takes like 2 episodes. Anything else would just be an injustice for the series finale.

Brilliant!

Its very hard to act out that sort of thing convincingly. You can't over or underplay it. People would find both unconvincing. Perhaps the problem is in the casting - but then the kid was quite young when he was originally cast, and there would be no way of knowing what he would turn out like

All the action stuff like chopping up a seafaring goblin or doing a slave girl up the poopah is alot easier to do.

I'm hoping it's such an epic battle it takes like 2 episodes. Anything else would just be an injustice for the series finale.

This may explain why some other battles have had such brief on screen time?
    Fingers crossed

Its very hard to act out that sort of thing convincingly. You can't over or underplay it. People would find both unconvincing. Perhaps the problem is in the casting - but then the kid was quite young when he was originally cast, and there would be no way of knowing what he would turn out like

All the action stuff like chopping up a seafaring goblin or doing a slave girl up the poopah is alot easier to do.
    I think it must always be a gamble casting kids. Some turn into decent actors, a lot turn into Carl (from The Walking Dead - who'd be better off playing a zombie, or maybe even a tree).

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    This may explain why some other battles have had such brief on screen time?
    Fingers crossed
    This is likely going to happen in Season 8, not 7. My belief why most battles apart from the last episode have been brief is simply because they're not involved characters that we care about/central to the story. All due respect to the sand sisters no one really cared about them (apart from me, they were beautiful ladies.....)

Master
    What an episode!! Also really loved the chick fight, awesome to see little Arya holding her own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

his acting will make sense when it's revealed that he already knows he's going to become the night king.

Bran has been travelling in time, he's shown that he can have real tangible effects with time travel (he influenced Hodor's entire life and made young ned stark turn around).

With time travel, Bran will be Bran the builder, he will be the cause of the mad king going crazy (the mad king heard voices saying 'burn them all') he will also be the man that 'Leaf' the children of the forest girl stabbed with the stone to become the night king.

Since the time travel is a closed loop, what has happened must happen and all that, he's super depressed and sober because he knows what he will become.

my 2 cents!

Oooh, that little bit of book reading by Gilly was a bit of a major revelation

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Dany's dragons make things a little bit one sided... however a friend of mine who is a religious GoT fanatic put me on to a little spoiler/theory which I'll post waaaaay below - don't read it if you don't want the next couple
    In a little excursion "beyond the wall" Jon Snow gets in bother with the Night King again and calls on Dany for help, who immediately flies to the rescue with her dragons. The Night King manages to kill Viserion but the heroes all escape with their lives.

Cut to the end of the episode and we see Viserion open his eyes - bright blue! The Night King has resurrected Viserion as part of the White Walker army.

Could be a load of B.S. but it would certainly even the odds a bit!
    When I read this the first time I thought it was a load of tarradiddle (why would they go beyond the wall?), but after the last episode it makes sense.

Plus, the dead dragon will probably now be spitting ice instead of fire, hence the name 'A song of ice and fire'

Quite a few brilliant moments in the last episode, like when Gilly is reading the book on anulments. If only Sam let her finish, they would have found out who Jon really is (possibly)

Blog Entries
    Looks like John isn't a bastard after all and is the rightful heir

Cool

I have a feeling that Bron might have a crucial role in any final battle by taking control of one of the dragons. He can get in the minds of animals and influence their actions, remember! :)

I think 'all' bran is going to have a key pivotal role in killing the white walkers
    Eg he may have a vision of some sacred bluestone or something that holds them all together, sees it in a vision, jonsnow goes deep beyond the wall, finds it and whacks it with some dragonglass and before you can say 'boomshakalak heartattack' all the white walkers shatter into a thousand pieces. Or something.

great typo - you mean Bran not Bronn?

Quote Originally Posted by flareslove View Post
    his acting will make sense when it's revealed that he already knows he's going to become the night king.

Bran has been travelling in time, he's shown that he can have real tangible effects with time travel (he influenced Hodor's entire life and made young ned stark turn around).

With time travel, Bran will be Bran the builder, he will be the cause of the mad king going crazy (the mad king heard voices saying 'burn them all') he will also be the man that 'Leaf' the children of the forest girl stabbed with the stone to become the night king.

Since the time travel is a closed loop, what has happened must happen and all that, he's super depressed and sober because he knows what he will become.

my 2 cents!
    You're not the only one thinking this it seems

S07Ep6 has been leaked, the wife is watching it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    S07Ep6 has been leaked, the wife is watching it now.
    Blue eyed dragon 👍

Master
    Pretty sure this was a planned leak. Last time such a leak happened, record viewing figures ensued.

Master
    I've watched the leaked 6th episode, it had some cracking character dialogue but wish I didn't now as I have to wait even longer for episode 7 to air.

ssssh i haven't got to it yet!!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mattleicester View Post
    Blue eyed dragon 

Was my post (#195) right then? It all seemed to add up but the idea was a bit far fetched.
    Can't wait for Monday now!!

Master
    Was my post (#195) right then? It all seemed to add up but the idea was a bit far fetched.
    It's eerily close!

So anyone seen it yet? Some interesting developments! Though the iffy pacing is getting glaringly worse.

And does anyone know how 'big' Westeros is meant to be? UK size or bigger (keeps being referred to as a continent).

Master
    Watched it last night. Another excellent episode.

Craftsman
    So anyone seen it yet? Some interesting developments! Though the iffy pacing is getting glaringly worse.

And does anyone know how 'big' Westeros is meant to be? UK size or bigger (keeps being referred to as a continent).
    It's funny, because the map is based on the UK. See below:

But the actual size is closer to twice the US.

Yep thanks for that - i vaguely remember it was based on the UK, but the distances were confusing me on how long say ravens take to fly.

Interestingly the population quoted on your pic of Westeros is quite a bit more than i thought it may be.

Blimey! That was either very good guesswork, or more likely genuine inside info from the guy!

Does he know what the hell's going on in Twin Peaks?

Blog Entries
    Blimey! That was either very good guesswork, or more likely genuine inside info from the guy!

It seems a written synopsis of each episode was leaked before the season started, I'm all for a bit of guesswork but nobody's that good!

It seems a written synopsis of each episode was leaked before the season started, I'm all for a bit of guesswork but nobody's that good!
    He was too close, guess he's been reading up on leaks..

Master
    Just watched the new episode, another good one. Shame about these leaks, heard a few throughout this season and so far they've all been fairly accurate.

Hopefully next season they'll tighten things up, that said maybe it's Martin that's deliberately leaking them.

Master

The chap I got it from is an absolute GoT nut! He reads every scrap of info and has a few chaps in the US that he met on some forums who feed him spoilers. Usually it's close, often it's nonsense and now and again it's spot on!

The chap I got it from is an absolute GoT nut! He reads every scrap of info and has a few chaps in the US that he met on some forums who feed him spoilers. Usually it's close, often it's nonsense and now and again it's spot on!
    Right what's happening in season eight the 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Right what's happening in season eight the 
    Oh I can tell you that - lots of people die

Blog Entries
    ... the distances were confusing me on how long say ravens take to fly.
    The ravens used in the series have swing wings and can run full afterburner 100% of the time.

Or so I deduce from the last episode.