closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying a contract hire car

Master

Buying a contract hire car

Apologies for another car thread, hopefully someone knows the answer.

My parents sold their business last year and part of the deal was the company that bought them out would continue to pay the contract hire deal. The 3 year deals finish in a few months.

My mum has a Mercedes E350 estate and their local Mercedes garage has said they can buy so that's sorted. *

My dad has a Range Rover Sport and his garage has said it's not possible to buy as it's contract hire and the rules don't allow. Firstly is that correct? Secondly apparently these cars go back to Land Rover (I presume) and may be auctioned off. Is that also correct? I've been on a 'we buy your car' type site and it's valuing dads car at around 50k so we're guessing it's worth 55k maybe and he'd like to keep it. Is it possible to find out where it might be auctioned?

I had a similar scenario with BMW on a contract hire a few years ago and they told me similar. They did say that they could try and buy it and sell it to me or may be able to let me know when it was being auctioned.

Dad will call his garage this week to see if he can find out more, but I thought if anyone here has had a similar experience it would be good to know in advance.

* my mums is contract hire but I'm wondering if dad has got this wrong and it's pcp.

Master
    If it's contract hire find out who is the finance company and contact them directly.
    Check what similar vehicles are selling for at auction and offer them a similar price.

If it's pcp then there will normally be an end ballon payment which would secure the car, as said above you need more details on the lease itself and then talk to the company direct.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was offered the opportunity to buy my Contract Hire car when the 2 years were up recently. It was a good price as well. I chose to extend the contract because it was such a good monthly price. I remember being told that there would be no option to buy when I took out the deal, but that Friends or Family would be able to do so. I believe that the regulations changed so that the person who took out the lease could also be offered the chance of buying when the contract came to an end.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have just contract hired a Golf on a two year deal VW Finance told me I can buy it when the term is finished if I so wished. Of all the contract hire cars I have had it's only the second time I have been offered to buy.

Master
    Thanks all for your replies :-)

Craftsman
    I was offered a Bmw at the auction price
    They told me it was less hassle to them to make this happen