closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I keep this watch?

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    A leather strap looks to be the way to go. Take it on a adventure, trust it, believe in it.

I'm preoccupied with the question that if I can't hear my Spring Drive ticking, is it actually telling the time? - this hobby will drive you mad if you let it.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    Haha 100% agree, and I'm that way inclined anyway so won't take much to tip me over!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think they are great looking watches. I think they look very tool like, no less tool like than a 'pure' diver imho. However I know what you mean about not gelling with a watch, if you are not feeling it by now I think there's a decent chance the watch isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleypriestley View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the comments so far have definitely been helpful but it's nice to hear from someone with the same watch. How long have you had yours? Did you go for the leather band as opposed to the bracelet?
    I've got the 103 A Sa B, which is similar but with the reverse-panda dial, in blue.

I like it a lot. If I were you, I'd definitely try it on a NATO strap. I think that works best with these, especially if you want a more casual / rugged / utilitarian look. I don't have a bracelet, but this watch definitely looks fairly dressy on a strap and very different on a NATO.

You say you prefer something more rugged, but these are actually very rugged as watches go, especially in that price range. They have good water resistance, shock resistance and anti-magnetism. There aren't a lot of mechanical chronographs around with all three.

The look is quite utilitarian, with the very solid, angular lugs and the fairly plain, clear dial design (albeit the numerals on yours do add some clutter compared to the plain markers). As chronographs go, it's one of the more legible (although nothing compared to the likes of the EZM1). If you find it too busy, you're probably going to be better off with a military-style diver, or from Sinn something like the EZM3, the 556 or the 856/857. If you like the more utilitarian Sinns, you may also want to look at Damasko, which share a lot of commonality.

It's a shonky design - chop it in for whatever you can get for it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    I had similar with a sinn 556. Loved it in pictures, in reality it never felt right.

Sell it and move on.
    This. I also had 556 and after 2 months of trying to convince myself I like it I chopped it in and never looked back. The sooner you sell it the better price you'd get for it.

Master
    In the first pic, it showed the dial as being blue but I'm assuming that this was the reflection from the surface it was on and it's actually black?

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    In the first pic, it showed the dial as being blue but I'm assuming that this was the reflection from the surface it was on and it's actually black?
    Exactly, dial is black with cream hands

Craftsman

Cream hands? Aren't they white? The E version has the cream hands and numerals but yours looks like the standard (and lovely imho) St Sa.

They're cream on this one, they could be listed as white but definitely an off white/cream but my eyes aren't the best ha!

Master

That's a pity, as I'd looked at the blue limited edition and had thoughts about picking one up but they seem pretty scarce on the ground now, having been only 1 of 500 made.

That's a pity, as I'd looked at the blue limited edition and had thoughts about picking one up but they seem pretty scarce on the ground now, having been only 1 of 500 made.
    Wow I didn't know they were that limited in numbers! The blue does look amazing. I have seen a few for sale online, chrono24 etc but prices are about 1000 above the one I have

Master
    Wow I didn't know they were that limited in numbers! The blue does look amazing. I have seen a few for sale online, chrono24 etc but prices are about 1000 above the one I have

Some good info here :-

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/sinn-103-a-sa-b-blue-watch/

Beautiful piece! Even the screws on the movement are blue to match!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    This. I also had 556 and after 2 months of trying to convince myself I like it I chopped it in and never looked back. The sooner you sell it the better price you'd get for it.
    Was there anything specific you didn't like about the 556? Or was it just personal preference?

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    It's a shonky design - chop it in for whatever you can get for it.
    Never heard shonky before ha

Quote Originally Posted by Frakius View Post
    I think they are great looking watches. I think they look very tool like, no less tool like than a 'pure' diver imho. However I know what you mean about not gelling with a watch, if you are not feeling it by now I think there's a decent chance the watch isn't for you.
    I get what you mean about looking utilitarian and the bi-directional bezel is useful.

Craftsman
    Was there anything specific you didn't like about the 556? Or was it just personal preference?
    On paper it looks cool and it is a pretty cool piece. But something was missing. It might have been personal preference as you say. I had it on leather strap and due to its size it looked odd on my 7inch wrist, perhaps bracelet would have been better but getting that meant adding more sunk cost which I didn't want (based on previous experiences - if it doesn't feel right cut losses pronto).

Journeyman
    First - apologies for my poor English

My advise to you: Give it a try, wear it few weeks and see whether you'll start warming up to the Sinn 103.

I own a 103 St (a plexy crystal, fully black besel, less in height) and loved it looks on pictures. I was underwhelmed initially when I've seen it person in a store in Munich, but I bought it as I knew that I will regret not getting it. Wore it few weeks on different leather straps and now it stays on Timefactor's NATO (best quality NATO ever) and guess what, I consider it on par with my vintage Speedmaster Pro. The Sinn has grown on me...it is so utilitarian and reminds me of the iconic Heuer 1550 SG - it just a modern version of Heuer Bund (to me) and a very classic Sinn.