closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder discounts

Master

Watchfinder discounts

How much should you be able to get off the list price with these chaps, especially on Rolex? I can't seem to get below £200 off but feel like they are pricey even at that.

Come on Berty, apply market forces. If you are after a hot watch your discount chances are probably nil, but if you are after a watch that has been in stock for a while and they are keen to move on they may move on price. Brand has nothing to do with it - haggle away, they can only say no.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    I can't seem to get below £200 off but feel like they are pricey even at that.
    So....why persist in trying to buy from them in particular, if you are finding others who are markedly less expensive? Perhaps the solution is easier than you think!

Master
    I've often overheard conversations in their store about being flexible on price for certain models when people are trying on their watches.
    I did OK for discount when trading-in and buying something from them at the same time.
    The obvious assumption being their trade-in is not brilliant and some of their prices are high - but that's the price of convenience.

Banned
    Just move on, plenty more watches out there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    I've often overheard conversations in their store about being flexible on price for certain models when people are trying on their watches.
    I did OK for discount when trading-in and buying something from them at the same time.
    The obvious assumption being their trade-in is not brilliant and some of their prices are high - but that's the price of convenience.
    That's what I'm trying to do - think you're right about the price of convenience. Thanks chaps, just checking I wasn't missing any magic words!

Master
    i normally manage to get around 10 percent off.

my last purchase was off a 6 day old ceramic seamaster chrono with all of the stickers still in place with an asking price of 3300. i got 150 quid off and thought that was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    i normally manage to get around 10 percent off.

my last purchase was off a 6 day old ceramic seamaster chrono with all of the stickers still in place with an asking price of 3300. i got 150 quid off and thought that was ok.
    That's around <5% for a not particularly 'hot' model though. I doubt you'd get anywhere near 10% off for a current year sports Rolex against their asking price.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Got offered £150 discount of a black faced Daytona in Leeds
    I turned it down as I thought the watch was overpriced in the first place

Craftsman
    I was expecting at least 10% of
    The watch in question was a 2005 no box and papers for just under 10k

Craftsman
    Anybody have any advise as to how much of a discount I can expect on a JLC? Had a look on Chrono24 and their price seems competitive but would still like to get something off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    That's what I'm trying to do - think you're right about the price of convenience. Thanks chaps, just checking I wasn't missing any magic words!
    Piff paff puff always worked for the Great Suprendo back in the day. Got 350 sheets off a Tag.

David Copperfield got 800 sheets off an Omega just using Abra kadabra apparently.

But David Blaine just outstared the salesperson and got a free Rolex (air king apparently).

I can't confirm if all of these are true 😜

Master
    Depends entirely on the watch and how long it has been hanging around. Tried to get a discount on a newly AP they had and got nothing but managed to get £600 off a Hublot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    You could start by asking whether the salesman has ever seen the watch.

I offered £7500 on a £8000 watch, they still have it two years later