closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A step away from Rolex for me...

A step away from Rolex for me...

Over the past 5 years my collection has mainly covered Rolex models which I have grown tired of lately so decided to look for something different, I know not everyone is a fan of this range and it's a step away from the classic lines but I love it.

The finish and feel is something else, so here is my new addition

I only hope you didn't flog the Rolex to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I only hope you didn't flog the Rolex to get that.
    Some have gone yes, but not my two favourites the white 116500 & 116600.

Good. Else I'd be questioning your sanity.
    Last edited by -Ally-; 24th June 2017 at 18:24.

Master
    Great colour combination, which I love.

I don't love the oversized chrono pushers.

Apart from those, I love this!

Well done on going a different way to the safe majority here!

That's awesome

I've moved away from the same old looking rolex myself

An AP like that would be roughly what cost? If rude to ask please advise

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Great colour combination, which I love.

I don't love the oversized chrono pushers.

Apart from those, I love this!

Well done on going a different way to the safe majority here!
    Thank you, it's no way a diverse watch and can't complete on a daily basis to my Rolex's but as a causal sports type its fantastic and the first time I've had one in hand long enough to compare against other watches and the level of finish far exceeds Rolex however with this also comes a level delicacy from a bulky watch which feels weird.

I've been put off by Rolex AD's games so decided to diversify my collection, and to be honest apart from the black Daytona there's no other Rolex models I want to add right now.

A ST is my next piece as I feel every collect needs at least one Speedy, after that the jury's still out on the three other contenders the 5167, 5164 or 15400

A pretty watch but not my thing.
    I much prefer the SS bezel on Safari models when it comes to Royal Oak Chronos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    That's awesome

I've moved away from the same old looking rolex myself

An AP like that would be roughly what cost? If rude to ask please advise
    Thanks mate, PM incoming

I like that model but I'm not a fan of APīs watches.

Congrats.

Well, I think that's a lovely watch, and far more interesting than a sports Rolex. Well done.

The over sized chrono pushers are a bit much for me, but you pull it off not too bad. I like these, unashamedly brash. Nothing wrong with that! Plus it's not a Rolex, I think it's sensible to diversify to other brands too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
    I like that model but I'm not a fan of APīs watches.

Congrats.
    Funny you posted I was talking with the AD about a GO Panoinverse he had and he mentioned your pictures of said model, I guess the ROO's are not for everyone bit like the GO for me I can admire it and look at in admiration but it just doesn't fit my style/look.

Excuse me if I get it wrong but is it the Nord Variocurve or something like that's you have, that's one watch I'd never wear but have it just to admire the craftsmanship.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post

A ST is my next piece as I feel every collect needs at least one Speedy
    Agree, and your only options are the hesalite moonwatch, or a vintage Ed White / 145.012 etc.

The Speedy Tuesday is just a nonsense gimmick watch, wrapped in a thick blanket of hype. Dump it the minute you get it and buy a proper Speedmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I think that's a lovely watch, and far more interesting than a sports Rolex. Well done.
    Very true and little details Ibe picked up on until I had the ROO side by side with my Daytona and SDc, I don't think I could of had it in a single watch collection but with my two other watches it's fits in nicely and IMO the pincle of my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    The over sized chrono pushers are a bit much for me, but you pull it off not too bad. I like these, unashamedly brash. Nothing wrong with that! Plus it's not a Rolex, I think it's sensible to diversify to other brands too.
    Granted I've only had it since Friday but it's been on my wrist since Friday morning and TBH I don't find it brash, you got to think with the majority of watches from G-Shock to Breitling being oversized it doesn't stand out that way and given the black bezel and rubber strap it doesn't catch your eye like the PCL bracelet does on my Daytona! Also as the crystal has an AR coating you don't get that typical Rolex crystal reflection.

Agree, and your only options are the hesalite moonwatch, or a vintage Ed White / 145.012 etc.

The Speedy Tuesday is just a nonsense gimmick watch, wrapped in a thick blanket of hype. Dump it the minute you get it and buy a proper Speedmaster.
    Yes/no well in my option that is, I like the older true classic Speedies but some can look the same old, typically I'm not a fan of all these Omega Ltd editions but I really like the dial on the ST and may put it on a vintage style bracelet, but like anything if it doesn't nothing for me on arrival it's off out but I didn't want to risk the regret of not getting one to try.

Funnily enough my only major watch regret was the older PO 2500 LM LE I was offered one from an AD and turned it down, the best PO they produced IMO (plus it was on Ģ2500 at the time)

Granted I've only had it since Friday but it's been on my wrist since Friday morning and TBH I don't find it brash, you got to think with the majority of watches from G-Shock to Breitling being oversized it doesn't stand out that way and given the black bezel and rubber strap it doesn't catch your eye like the PCL bracelet does on my Daytona! Also as the crystal has an AR coating you don't get that typical Rolex crystal reflection.
    Fair point on the brashness. I tend not to think my G-shocks as brash per se. The Daytona is probably more out there in that respect due to the PCL, one reason I don't wear mine so much. I guess 'blinginess' makes a watch more out there than simply the size.

I really like that! Lovely watch.

I've had my eye on the rose gold ROO for a while.

I don't know many people with an AP, and those I do bought preowned. If you don't mind me asking, did you source from an AD or dealer - and what kind of discount is realistic (if any)?

Having seen your pics an AP might be my next incoming I think. It's long overdue!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Fair point on the brashness. I tend not to think my G-shocks as brash per se. The Daytona is probably more out there in that respect due to the PCL, one reason I don't wear mine so much. I guess 'blinginess' makes a watch more out there than simply the size.
    Obviously I'm the wearer so don't really know how much attention it pics up, guess as it's Ti the weight or should I say lack of it helps hide it size in feel.

Funny you posted I was talking with the AD about a GO Panoinverse he had and he mentioned your pictures of said model, I guess the ROO's are not for everyone bit like the GO for me I can admire it and look at in admiration but it just doesn't fit my style/look.

Excuse me if I get it wrong but is it the Nord Variocurve or something like that's you have, that's one watch I'd never wear but have it just to admire the craftsmanship.
    Yes we can't like them all.

About the NORD Variocurve so is it a big bulky watch but I love it because of the genius solutions.

Very nice, I like that a lot! 44mm?

Very nice and I understand your reasoning.

Enjoy

Master
    Respect your diversification and whilst I've never held one of these I'm lead to believe they have real presence.
    Not to my taste as think they do look like a little angular but great to hear you're enjoying it, long may that continue 😀.

Craftsman
    Love that watch except for the screw heads. They're hexagonal and recessed so clearly can't turn, so why does it look like they've got screwdriver slots in them? That really bugs me, be good to know if there is an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Love that watch except for the screw heads. They're hexagonal and recessed so clearly can't turn, so why does it look like they've got screwdriver slots in them? That really bugs me, be good to know if there is an explanation.
    The heads locate in the bezel and tight up via the case back (crap explanation but best I could do)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    There isn't, other than that's how Gerald Genta designed them.

Master
    Tinker I was just about to quote-reply your post, but you've deleted it?

Anyway, I agreed with all you points, and it just shouldn't work should it... but it's gorgeous and I still love it!

Tinker I was just about to quote-reply your post, but you've deleted it?

Anyway, I agreed with all you points, and it just shouldn't work should it... but it's gorgeous and I still love it!
    Think is I agree with a lot of Tinker's points!

If you'd of ask me a year ago my tune would of been totally different to be honest I didn't entertain the idea until I was trying out the 15400 and a nice AD pulled out the ceramic and RG 44mm just to show me, this watch shouldn't work but it just does...

A few pics I took this evening (excuse my poor camera/iPhone skills and quality due to having to use PB)

Next to its brothers

And a few more, just amazed at the level of finishing on the ceramic and the depth of the dial

Last edited by pitbull666; 24th June 2017 at 21:23.

Looks majestic in profile pic👍
    It is a nice trio to have.

Craftsman
    I love it: great choice.

I never really got the ROO until I saw this shot. You're right the finishing and level of detail on this is epic. Wow.

Craftsman
    Nice collection.

For me, the ROO is too big for my 6.5" wrist. The extended fixed lugs made sure I will never be able to get a ROO. The biggest AP for me is the already-discontinued 15300 and the current 15202.

Master
    Certainly has presence if I'm honest I prefer the RO. Have to say though that I was able to compare a Royal Oak to a Hublot and thought everything about the RO shone in comparison. It was exquisite and made the Hublot look rough.

Grand Master
    Agree too, Steel Sports are the Jeans and White T shirt / Black Suit of the watch world and rightly so they look and feel good but its nice to embrace the other fantastic brands and this is certainly one of them
    RIAC

Very very nice, better to have something less common in my opinion

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Great watch
    Love the wrist presence and they feel so special
    And the finish is a level above Rolex but the price reflects that
    Congratulations looks fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    I never really got the ROO until I saw this shot. You're right the finishing and level of detail on this is epic. Wow.
    100% agree. This looks like next level quality. The pushers, crown detail and case finish looks sublime.

Couldn't agree more, and this from someone with three sports Rolexes.

Love it. Wish I could afford it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Couldn't agree more, and this from someone with three sports Rolexes.

Love it. Wish I could afford it.
    I've got one they are a step above in quality from Rolex

Thanks guys, still in awe of this thing :)

it looks huge next to the Daytona! Lovely watch though and possible my favourite out of all the recent ROOS's. Congrats.

That ceramic bezel is absolutely amazing, I feel I could spend hours in trance just looking at it. I really have to get a ceramic watch ... perhaps not an ROO to start with

Master
    Wow now that is a bit rock and roll mate. Very nice and a welcome change from Rolex.

Weight compared to its brothers

Journeyman
    that looks fantastic congrats!.
    Never ever be able to afford one meself mind lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
    that looks fantastic congrats!.
    Never ever be able to afford one meself mind lol
    Thank you and it's my biggest purchase to date and I won't be making many more haha

Shame PB has pulled the pics :(

Since PB have pulled the pics I'll add this one quickly as this thread is useful without pics!

Cool

Since PB have pulled the pics I'll add this one quickly as this thread is useful without pics!

Thanks for that, was about to ask for some pics that could be seen.

still miss my AP ROO RB II and should never have sold it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Thanks for that, was about to ask for some pics that could be seen.

still miss my AP ROO RB II and should never have sold it.......
    Wow the RBII is one of my favourite, hope something just a great replaced it!

Yes bloody PB! Deleted the account now.

Original pis