closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My First SOTC

Craftsman

My First SOTC

I only got into watches over the last few years and I have built a small collection which I enjoy.

So far the collection includes:

Omega Speedmaster 1957 broadarrow (3594.50)

Omega Plane Ocean 45mm

Breitling Colt 44 chronograph

Tag Aquaracer diver

I enjoy the random rotations in which I wear the watches. Every time I swap to a different watch I enjoy getting used to it again. I love the size of the planet ocean, the colt on a rubber strap and the uniqueness of the speedmaster.

I can't see me ever selling the speedmaster. The Tag was my first ever decent watch so I have a bit of an attachment to it but I hardly ever wear it.

So what's next, well as much as I love this collection, I still have a hankering for a Rolex. It will probably be a Sub, I'm totally confused by what to go for. Which variant, date or ND, new/used, if used box & papers or not. I have a WTB posted so I probably wait to see what comes up.

(Ps sorry for the lack of pics.... I'm currently on holiday!)

Craftsman
    You already have a couple of divers. If it's a rolex you are after, why not the GMT2C or the Explorer 2?

Or even a Milgauss

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Keep the Speedmaster.

Trade two of the divers (PO plus either Colt or Tag) for a Sub. Based on your current divers I'm guessing you'd prefer a date model. As you seem happy with biggish watches I'd suggest a ceramic Sub Date.

Keep one diver (either Colt or Tag) as beater and holiday watch.

I'd chop in the breitling and the tag, then just see what turns up. You don't need to be in a hurry.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Is the ceramic sub bigger than the non ceramics?

The GMT is starting to get a bit expensive for me and with the explorer II I think i'll always wish I'd gone for the Sub.

The Colt has surprised me the most, it wasn't crazy expensive and has gone from a watch that I would have probably flip with in a couple of months to one that has stayed for 2 years!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I'd chop in the breitling and the tag, then just see what turns up. You don't need to be in a hurry.
    My thoughts too!

Quote Originally Posted by P4u1 View Post
    Is the ceramic sub bigger than the non ceramics?

The GMT is starting to get a bit expensive for me and with the explorer II I think i'll always wish I'd gone for the Sub.

The Colt has surprised me the most, it wasn't crazy expensive and has gone from a watch that I would have probably flip with in a couple of months to one that has stayed for 2 years!
    They wear bigger due to the maxi case (that loads of people hate) I prefer the case and it wears really well

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    They wear bigger due to the maxi case (that loads of people hate) I prefer the case and it wears really well
    I'll have to try one on as I prefer a bigger looking watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    +1. They also look bigger because of the fatter lugs.

Still the Rolex is a 40mm case, the size is mostly illusion due to the fatter lugs, it will feel very small compared to your 45mm PO (Which for me is slightly too big) But the newer ceramic ones do wear bigger than the pre ceramics, so from you have said I would be looking at those.

Craftsman
    Cool - I'll start hunting for one. I'm in no rush so hopefully one will appear on SC soon :-)

Quote Originally Posted by P4u1 View Post
    Cool - I'll start hunting for one. I'm in no rush so hopefully one will appear on SC soon :-)
    There was one on there last time I looked

Craftsman
    The maxi case still isn't all that big IMO - very wearable. Agreed with one of the above comments, given your collection seem on the larger side the older style Sub will probably seem tiny

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I'll go and take a look at a ceramic one this week, just to make sure that's the one that I want.