closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chances of a short waiting list on the D-Blue?

Master

Chances of a short waiting list on the D-Blue?

I've been on a waiting list for months now with a D-Blue and it's just annoying. I don't even know if I'll like it lol, but chances are it would fit in my collection very nicely right now as I want a watch with a blue dial.

I'd consider a small premium but no way am I paying £2000+ extra from a grey dealer. I guess I just have to be super patient.

I waited 15 months for mine which was great because it gave me time to finance it. Be patient and you will be happy to get a proper AD sourced one and not pay over RRP. Its worth the wait, believe me

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I waited 15 months for mine which was great because it gave me time to finance it. Be patient and you will be happy to get a proper AD sourced one and not pay over RRP. Its worth the wait, believe me

I love the face, but the strap seems too thin, I've not lived with one yet so would value your view.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I love the face, but the strap seems too thin, I've not lived with one yet so would value your view.
    Those were my thoughts about the strap too initially, but it seems to just work and it is unbelievably comfortable. It looks great

Patience :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    I know how you feel, been trying since February for one and on a few lists but still nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Put your name on a few lists. If you want to try one on, most of the unofficial dealers in Wilmslow have them in stock. Rockefellers in the city centre also had some out the back when I went in last (crazy mark up though!)

As I said in another thread, I've been offered quite a few in the last 6 months so they're definitely coming through.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    The strap is ideal. Fantastic watch all round.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    The strap is ideal. Fantastic watch all round.
    I would totally agree with the above. It might seem large but it wears incredibly comfortably and looks amazing in different lights.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Wayne, if it helps your decision, it will look and feel ridiculous on your skeletal little wrists!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Wayne, if it helps your decision, it will look and feel ridiculous on your skeletal little wrists!
    In my head, I have Stallone's wrist size lol. No in all fairness I've owned 6 deep sea models in the past, but it's just been years since I did so. They were never silly sized, but they were at my absolute limit for sure.

Master
    I have pretty slim wrists (just measured at 170mm*for a GGB bespoke strap) but they're flat which means I can just about get away with larger watches, but I found the deep sea to be too top heavy and the bracelet too skinny. Of course, "horses for courses" as I like to say.

For me personally, it's not about the size of the watch but the weight and weight distribution - the deep sea seemed unusually top heavy to me. I've had other similarly heavy watches (namely Breitlings from the 2000's) which felt better balanced.

*6.7"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I have pretty slim wrists (just measured at 170mm*for a GGB bespoke strap) but they're flat which means I can just about get away with larger watches, but I found the deep sea to be too top heavy and the bracelet too skinny. Of course, "horses for courses" as I like to say.

For me personally, it's not about the size of the watch but the weight and weight distribution - the deep sea seemed unusually top heavy to me. I've had other similarly heavy watches (namely Breitlings from the 2000's) which felt better balanced.

*6.7"
    The only sea dweller I've ever struggled with are the pre-ceramics in terms of Top heaviness. The SD4k and DSSD are both fine in that regard as I only remove a couple of links, so there's plenty of weight left in the bracelet.

Master
    Reading this thread has made me pop the GMT 2 back in the safe and don the DSSD. Had forgotten just how good it feels and looks. 😀😀😀

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Reading this thread has made me pop the GMT 2 back in the safe and don the DSSD. Had forgotten just how good it feels and looks. 

Yeah rub it in

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Yeah rub it in
    Well if you insist 😀😀😀

Craftsman
    mine took 6 months, but I did purchase a 2016 explorer for my dad and had a BLNR at christmas. Don`t know if it helped or not

Only problem I can`t collect until 15th July

Master

Deep Blue

Fantastic looking watch the Deep Blue and still quite a hot watch .

Considered a pre owned and granted it will be over the list price , but if sensible it's always something you can flip and get your money back on ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marksh View Post
    Fantastic looking watch the Deep Blue and still quite a hot watch .

Considered a pre owned and granted it will be over the list price , but if sensible it's always something you can flip and get your money back on ?
    I just think if I can get one new, I'd rather wait, but it's testing my patience lol

Craftsman
    I just think if I can get one new, I'd rather wait, but it's testing my patience lol
    Nah, wait it out. I've been tempted to pay over list many times.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Nah, wait it out. I've been tempted to pay over list many times.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    I probably will, especially with certain grey market dealers not giving me any confidence at all, with their tag-lines...
    Here at the Preowned watch company we buy sell and exchange preowned watches with over 35 years of experiance.

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/dealer/pwcltd/index.htm

Question

How many AD's have you spoken to Wayne?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    How many AD's have you spoken to Wayne?
    Called a fair few this morning and got pretty much the same responses from all of them. Either "we only sell locally", "we've closed the list" or "we have 15 people..." etc

Master
    Wayne only a few days ago you put out a WTB and these are your words.

WTB: Lonnnng shot - Rolex Explorer II Polar 16570 NOS

Slim chances I know, but one watch I've wanted for a while is a 16570 Polar Dial Explorer II. Not the current model which is too large for my tiny wrist, but the previous model. However, I want a NOS stickered up example, and ideal something 2008 onwards.

How do you think a D-Blue is going to look.

Trust me i have had both the new Explorer 11 (and still have and got shut of a Deepsea) due to the extra size and weight.

Save your money.

1. Unfortunately Wayne your wrist is not Stallone's or anywhere near so the Deepsea is not going to look great on it - sorry.
    2. I know where there is Deepsea in stock - unfortunately it is 8100 miles away.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Do you travel much? I saw one in stock at Shreve jewellers in San Francisco this week. Great service too if you/ a friend was passing. Caveat of course is adding the VAT on inbound, but there are jewellers in that area who discount. I was offered 10% off a Milgauss Z Blue without even asking.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Wayne only a few days ago you put out a WTB and these are your words.

WTB: Lonnnng shot - Rolex Explorer II Polar 16570 NOS

Slim chances I know, but one watch I've wanted for a while is a 16570 Polar Dial Explorer II. Not the current model which is too large for my tiny wrist, but the previous model. However, I want a NOS stickered up example, and ideal something 2008 onwards.

How do you think a D-Blue is going to look.

Trust me i have had both the new Explorer 11 (and still have and got shut of a Deepsea) due to the extra size and weight.

Save your money.
    The current explorer II wears very flat on my wrist and it looks silly. However I've had deep seas and as I stated above, always felt they were just within the realms of what I can pull off. I'd hardly lose as long as I find one at the right price anyway :-)

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotAbroad View Post
    Do you travel much? I saw one in stock at Shreve jewellers in San Francisco this week. Great service too if you/ a friend was passing. Caveat of course is adding the VAT on inbound, but there are jewellers in that area who discount. I was offered 10% off a Milgauss Z Blue without even asking.
    I'm there in a few weeks so this could be ideal. Is there any chance you could pm me the details? Thanks

Master
    I was on the list since last August and finally picked up a few weeks back. I had called around 20 ADs in on stint a while back with no success. Bought from my local which is a smallish independent and spent a fair amount with them in the past year, so still quite difficult to come by, at least in my experience

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotAbroad View Post
    I called the AD you mentioned and the price is $12350 + 8.5% tax, and then 20% when I return. Cheaper to go grey here I guess.

I called the AD you mentioned and the price is $12350 + 8.5% tax, and then 20% when I return. Cheaper to go grey here I guess.
    Exactly.
    An AD in USA will. It offer this below retail and would be surprised if they actually have one in stock.

Master
    I've just placed a deposit on one!! Grey dealer. Yes it wears big but I really don't care, I love it!!!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Ah sorry, not entirely up to scratch with prices etc. Oregon doesn't have sales tax if that helps, but still VAT on import.

Master
    Did it cost you more than retail price?

Master
    Did it cost you more than retail price?

Yes, first time I've ever done that but I'm happy

Master
    Health to enjoy that bad boy. I love mine.

Smile

Yes, first time I've ever done that but I'm happy

Gulp...you must have been impatient Wayne!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Gulp...you must have been impatient Wayne!
    Trust me, I didn't pay anything like what you probably think :-D

Good choice.. Enjoy it. My best mate has one, it's lovely

Craftsman
    Brand new or used? So looking forward to getting mine. Got to wait until mid July until I can get

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Brand new or used? So looking forward to getting mine. Got to wait until mid July until I can get
    It's totally like new with all stickers; only way I wanted one :-)

Are you going to take them off ?

Once you take the stickers off you will have to reduce the price when you flip it

Residuals and Rolex - those two words don't normally appear in the same sentence.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Are you going to take them off ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Once you take the stickers off you will have to reduce the price when you flip it

Residuals and Rolex - those two words don't normally appear in the same sentence.
    Of Course I'll take them off :-) If I'm spending that sort of money though, I'm not just going to buy the first battered watch I see. In this case, I've bought brand new with stickers for less than the price of some used ones I spotted.

I also came across a **** of a dealer in the process and I'm so glad I didn't go with him and his bloody awful attitude.

Master
    Well if you insist 

Keen on one myself, but think time is an issue with this as Oct/Nov I fear another price rise, and 10% would make it similar to the US retail at the current exchange rate.

I also came across a **** of a dealer in the process and I'm so glad I didn't go with him and his bloody awful attitude.
    Might be worth giving more details so others can avoid said **** ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Might be worth giving more details so others can avoid said **** ?
    I'm always a bit wary of stuff like that. I found them on eBay and saw they were based in Wilmslow so it seemed ideal. However I've never been ignored so much as a potential client and found them rude and obnoxious. So nothing worth creating a big thing about, and it worked to my favour as I'm much happier with both where I'm buying from and the watch itself.

He told me he's "not a big dealer"; he probably could be if he changed his terrible attitude.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Keen on one myself, but think time is an issue with this as Oct/Nov I fear another price rise, and 10% would make it similar to the US retail at the current exchange rate.
    I think we need a dedicated thread on that one...

I really have tried to like the Deepsea Blue but I think this is one watch which will age terribly.

It is way too big, looks unbalanced, the 'Ring lock system' nonsense writing on the chapter ring (whatever for, what does it even mean?) and the graded blue/black dial has something very 1980's about it. I hope I am wrong.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    I really have tried to like the Deepsea Blue but I think this is one watch which will age terribly.

It is way too big, looks unbalanced, the 'Ring lock system' nonsense writing on the chapter ring (whatever for, what does it even mean?) and the graded blue/black dial has something very 1980's about it. I hope I am wrong.
    Could just be me but I get the feeling you aren't a fan :-) In all fairness, I never liked it either, but recently I just started to want one. No idea what caused it but I wanted something with blue and I think on a sunny day, under natural light, it'll look great.

Craftsman
    I have seen it in a shop before and it's gorgeous. But unfortunately, it does not work out for my 6.5" wrist