closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex Sub Date 116610 97P5R819 ** NOW SUSPECTED TO BE FAKE **

I know this is probably not the place for this so apologies but thought I would try to distinguish this one as a novice, the first thing I noticed on this was the engraved rehaut not lining up with the minute markers, being honest I dont know if this alone would make me suspicious?

looking a bit more I noticed the gaps between the end links/case (could be exagerated by the way it is being held) then after staring at it a while some things seemed wrong with the dial, I can now see the 1000, f and the gap between 300 and m looks wrong (to me)

Every time I see these fakes I am amazed how good some are, I always assumed they would be so obviously fake but even though I own a Sub and look at it everyday I still really struggle

I assume there are many even better fakes out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I know this is probably not the place for this so apologies but thought I would try to distinguish this one as a novice, the first thing I noticed on this was the engraved rehaut not lining up with the minute markers, being honest I dont know if this alone would make me suspicious?

looking a bit more I noticed the gaps between the end links/case (could be exagerated by the way it is being held) then after staring at it a while some things seemed wrong with the dial, I can now see the 1000, f and the gap between 300 and m looks wrong (to me)

Every time I see these fakes I am amazed how good some are, I always assumed they would be so obviously fake but even though I own a Sub and look at it everyday I still really struggle

I assume there are many even better fakes out there?
    Rehaut does match up with minute markers
    It's the angle I've taken photo
    Not sure about the other stuff
    I'm no expert

Grand Master
    The letters not lining up with the minute markers was a giveaway before even looking any further
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The letters not lining up with the minute markers was a giveaway before even looking any further
    Only the serial number does not
    Bang centre of middle serial number is 30min marker ,I'd presume gens are same?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by speedypro1111 View Post
    Only the serial number does not
    Bang centre of middle serial number is 30min marker ,I'd presume gens are same?
    Doesn’t look so in the image
    RIAC

Haywood, for those of us who don't have your knowledge, could you please expand on what specifically you don't like, i.e. what to you in the bezel markings, rehaut markings, hands or dial indices indicates this is fake and whatever else is on the longer list?

FAKE :

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

If you can't see the bezel markings being out there's something wrong with your eyes.

Master
    The thing that jumps out to me is the fit of the end links. But it's scary all the same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Personally I don't like the bezel markings, rehaut markings, hands or dial indices.

UPDATE : I'm normally the last person interested in posts about fakes, but in this particular thread members may like to see these additional pics kindly sent to me by Speedypro1111. There is now a longer list of incorrect elements to be noted...

FAKE :

H
    Can't tell from the photos : Does it have the laser etched coronet on the crystal ?
    This is mine...

I believe these are hard to fake ?

z
    Last edited by zelig; 24th June 2017 at 18:23.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Can't tell from the photos : Does it have the laser etched coronet on the crystal ?
    This is mine...

I believe these are hard to fake ?

z
    Yes just the same
    There's quiet a few super clones out there
    These being one ,also most panerai and black bays /heritages to name a few
    Havent looked for a while but last year there was an American dealer/jewellery shop on eb@y with excellent seller ratings selling a pam111 that was fake 100%
    If nothing people are being educated here
    Buyer beware if you want genuine....buy from the likes of Haywood
    Or new

Journeyman
    Bit late to this so please excuse the resurrection.
    I know talking about fakes isn't always popular on some forums but for someone like me with limited knowledge it's a valuable resource. I wouldn't have spotted this as a fake, even with the pointers in this discussion I am finding it hard to tell, I can see the serial number on the Rehaut doesn't line up but I would never have noticed without the prompt.

Journeyman
    Seems very difficult to tell if you are not a watch expert!

Blog Entries
    A very educational and valuable thread. In common with most watch Bods, I have been aware how good fakes have been getting over recent years but in my mind this is now moving into scary territory where you really do need to be an expert to conclusively determine authenticity. It certainly makes the case for biting the price bullet and buying new from an AD.

Master
    Buying new from an AD is an option, yes.

Buying secondhand from an AD is surprisingly risky -- for some reason they assume they are experts just through being main agents but this is of course nonsense. Some ADs do know what they are doing when it comes to authenticating watches, but many don't.

H

I'm assuming you missed this, but it'd be most useful to hear your comments...
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Haywood, for those of us who don't have your knowledge, could you please expand on what specifically you don't like, i.e. what to you in the bezel markings, rehaut markings, hands or dial indices indicates this is fake and whatever else is on the longer list?

FAKE :

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I'm assuming you missed this, but it'd be most useful to hear your comments...

R
    I didn't miss it - with apologies, I chose not to answer. I'll happy comment on whether I think a specific watch is right or wrong, especially for fellow forum members, but open discussion about such specific further detail would not be my normal choice.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 6th July 2017 at 15:04.

Is there not a list if fake serial numbers out there so people can check before making a purchase and triple checking?

Journeyman

Thanks very much

I`m learning fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    I`m learning fast.
    Not at all... Heading straight for the glitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    I`m posting fast.