timefactors watches
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 72 of 72

Thread: Rolex Sub Date 116610 97P5R819 ** NOW SUSPECTED TO BE FAKE **

  1. #51
    Would the shop have any comeback on the person who sold them it ? Especially now it's not even in the shops possession
    How could they prove the person sold them a fake ?
    If you could keep us informed , I for one would like to know the outcome

    What have I done ? Why did I reply this morning, I've spent the rest of the day wanting to buy a hulk "genuine "
    Am now considering moving 2 watches on and buying one

  2. #52
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I wonder how the pawnbrokers insurance will handle this when (if?) they find out the stolen watch was actually a dud.
    I know the owners. Please do not doubt for a moment that a watch subsequently thought to be fake would be claimed for.

    Any FCA Approved Person, such as one has to be, would risk losing that status for the sake of a single demonstration that they are not a Fit and Proper person...which would effectively remove them from control of the business.

    Basic honesty, however, preceded that.

    H

  3. #53
    I know this is probably not the place for this so apologies but thought I would try to distinguish this one as a novice, the first thing I noticed on this was the engraved rehaut not lining up with the minute markers, being honest I dont know if this alone would make me suspicious?

    looking a bit more I noticed the gaps between the end links/case (could be exagerated by the way it is being held) then after staring at it a while some things seemed wrong with the dial, I can now see the 1000, f and the gap between 300 and m looks wrong (to me)

    Every time I see these fakes I am amazed how good some are, I always assumed they would be so obviously fake but even though I own a Sub and look at it everyday I still really struggle

    I assume there are many even better fakes out there?

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I know this is probably not the place for this so apologies but thought I would try to distinguish this one as a novice, the first thing I noticed on this was the engraved rehaut not lining up with the minute markers, being honest I dont know if this alone would make me suspicious?

    looking a bit more I noticed the gaps between the end links/case (could be exagerated by the way it is being held) then after staring at it a while some things seemed wrong with the dial, I can now see the 1000, f and the gap between 300 and m looks wrong (to me)

    Every time I see these fakes I am amazed how good some are, I always assumed they would be so obviously fake but even though I own a Sub and look at it everyday I still really struggle

    I assume there are many even better fakes out there?
    Rehaut does match up with minute markers
    It's the angle I've taken photo
    Not sure about the other stuff
    I'm no expert

  5. #55
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mayfair & Surrey
    Posts
    14,793
    The letters not lining up with the minute markers was a giveaway before even looking any further
    Follow Me on: Instagram Twitter



    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The letters not lining up with the minute markers was a giveaway before even looking any further
    Rehaut does match up with minute markers
    Only the serial number does not
    Bang centre of middle serial number is 30min marker ,I'd presume gens are same?

  7. #57
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mayfair & Surrey
    Posts
    14,793
    Quote Originally Posted by speedypro1111 View Post
    Rehaut does match up with minute markers
    Only the serial number does not
    Bang centre of middle serial number is 30min marker ,I'd presume gens are same?
    Doesn’t look so in the image
    Follow Me on: Instagram Twitter



    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  8. #58
    Haywood, for those of us who don't have your knowledge, could you please expand on what specifically you don't like, i.e. what to you in the bezel markings, rehaut markings, hands or dial indices indicates this is fake and whatever else is on the longer list?

    FAKE :











    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  9. #59
    Master -Ally-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,152
    If you can't see the bezel markings being out there's something wrong with your eyes.

  10. #60
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,198
    The thing that jumps out to me is the fit of the end links. But it's scary all the same.

  11. #61
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    5,792
    Blog Entries
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Personally I don't like the bezel markings, rehaut markings, hands or dial indices.

    UPDATE : I'm normally the last person interested in posts about fakes, but in this particular thread members may like to see these additional pics kindly sent to me by Speedypro1111. There is now a longer list of incorrect elements to be noted...

    FAKE :

    H
    Can't tell from the photos : Does it have the laser etched coronet on the crystal ?
    This is mine...



    I believe these are hard to fake ?

    z
    Last edited by zelig; 24th June 2017 at 18:23.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Can't tell from the photos : Does it have the laser etched coronet on the crystal ?
    This is mine...



    I believe these are hard to fake ?

    z
    Yes just the same
    There's quiet a few super clones out there
    These being one ,also most panerai and black bays /heritages to name a few
    Havent looked for a while but last year there was an American dealer/jewellery shop on eb@y with excellent seller ratings selling a pam111 that was fake 100%
    If nothing people are being educated here
    Buyer beware if you want genuine....buy from the likes of Haywood
    Or new

  13. #63
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    66
    Bit late to this so please excuse the resurrection.
    I know talking about fakes isn't always popular on some forums but for someone like me with limited knowledge it's a valuable resource. I wouldn't have spotted this as a fake, even with the pointers in this discussion I am finding it hard to tell, I can see the serial number on the Rehaut doesn't line up but I would never have noticed without the prompt.

  14. #64
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31
    Seems very difficult to tell if you are not a watch expert!

  15. #65
    Master KavKav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Warwickshire.
    Posts
    5,577
    Blog Entries
    3
    A very educational and valuable thread. In common with most watch Bods, I have been aware how good fakes have been getting over recent years but in my mind this is now moving into scary territory where you really do need to be an expert to conclusively determine authenticity. It certainly makes the case for biting the price bullet and buying new from an AD.

  16. #66
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,247
    Buying new from an AD is an option, yes.

    Buying secondhand from an AD is surprisingly risky -- for some reason they assume they are experts just through being main agents but this is of course nonsense. Some ADs do know what they are doing when it comes to authenticating watches, but many don't.

    H

  17. #67
    I'm assuming you missed this, but it'd be most useful to hear your comments...
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Haywood, for those of us who don't have your knowledge, could you please expand on what specifically you don't like, i.e. what to you in the bezel markings, rehaut markings, hands or dial indices indicates this is fake and whatever else is on the longer list?

    FAKE :









    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  18. #68
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I'm assuming you missed this, but it'd be most useful to hear your comments...


    R
    I didn't miss it - with apologies, I chose not to answer. I'll happy comment on whether I think a specific watch is right or wrong, especially for fellow forum members, but open discussion about such specific further detail would not be my normal choice.

    H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 6th July 2017 at 15:04.

  19. #69
    Journeyman Mathif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bishop's stortford
    Posts
    71
    Is there not a list if fake serial numbers out there so people can check before making a purchase and triple checking?

  20. #70
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    55

    Thanks very much

    I`m learning fast.

  21. #71
    Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg & Berlin
    Posts
    9,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    I`m learning fast.
    Not at all... Heading straight for the glitch!

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    I`m posting fast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •