closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko 007 lume

Seiko 007 lume

How long should the lume last for, say at night going to bed after a standard day of wearing it ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robti View Post
    How long should the lume last for, say at night going to bed after a standard day of wearing it ?

Thanks
    Not that long IMO.

The lume on 007's is pretty feeble in regular everyday use unless you are one of the forummers who point a torch at it under the bedclothes.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Thanks for the reply, I just wondered if it just mine or if they were all poor

Master
    Feeble I know, but hold your watch near a light bulb for 30 seconds last thing at night, and the lume will last until the morning. Only trouble is, for a short while you can read the paper by its glow, and it'll stop you sleeping (and your significant other will grizzle too).

Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    Feeble I know, but hold your watch near a light bulb for 30 seconds last thing at night, and the lume will last until the morning. Only trouble is, for a short while you can read the paper by its glow, and it'll stop you sleeping (and your significant other will grizzle too).
    Thanks will give that a try tonight then forget about it, I just wanted to know after reading about the lume

007 lume is GREAT!!!
    ok no, sorry, I would'nt know because I have modded dials,
    however other seikos I have have great lume!
    I often wake up at 4 or 5 specifically to read the time, and I can do that comfortably with seikos. Obviously it has to be very dark and me having night vision.

also I stimulate lume bu short bursts of lamp light before going to bed, but only if I am not tired.
    like tschhhhhhhhhh
    then tsschhhhhhh again

and once more,

goodnight

Master
    Well if it's anything like the Monster it will be torch like. The only more readable dial I have at night is the Onega 2254.50 as the hour hand is longer so helping with easy reading for tired eyes.

I've always thought the lume on my 009 (same watch more or less) was excellent for lume longevity.

I usually leave the watch in the bathroom with LED lights while I'm cleaning my teeth and by the time I get to bed it's glowing like a torch. I'll often wake up at least once during the night and have no trouble reading the time, and I need reading glasses.

Master
    Don't know why I wrote feeble, saw the word in an earlier post and got it out of context, sorry if it came over snotty.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Not that long IMO. The lume on 007's is pretty feeble in regular everyday use unless you are one of the forummers who point a torch at it under the bedclothes.
    The really sad ones have UV torches for this, er, so I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Well if it's anything like the Monster it will be torch like. The only more readable dial I have at night is the Onega 2254.50 as the hour hand is longer so helping with easy reading for tired eyes.
    The 007 is nothing like the Monster I'm afraid. The Monster has brilliant lume.

Agree re the Omega, the best lume I have seen.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

I can read the lume on my Seiko Padi well into the night once my eyes have adjusted, if you blast it with a torch before turning lights out its bright enough to actually help you see in your room! Remember these watches are designed to be charged by sunlight before a Dive, even on a overcast day the charge they get from the sun is amazing if you go into a dark room.

Blog Entries
    Mine lasts well through the night, took this by coincidence bit earlier after going in garage as forgot how bright it was!
    Ian

Craftsman
    The lume on mine is awesome easily on par with my black bay /seamaster .... I do charge it under led lights before bed and it can be read well into the early hours.

Thanks all I have to agree shone a torch on it and ended up turning it upside down to get to sleep, can't say how long it lasted though

It's a rather strange thread as Seiko divers are well known for their powerful lume and the 007 is not an exception. The only scenario I can imagine the lume would not last until morning if the watch is already left in a dark room well before you go to bed. The best lume I ever had on a watch was not surprisingly a Seiko MM300.

Sent from my SM-T230 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by witti View Post
    It's a rather strange thread as Seiko divers are well known for their powerful lume and the 007 is not an exception. The only scenario I can imagine the lume would not last until morning if the watch is already left in a dark room well before you go to bed. The best lume I ever had on a watch was not surprisingly a Seiko MM300.

The reason I asked was that I took my watch of and left it in the kitchen for a few hours before I went to bed and worried that the lume was faulty and have never really bothered about it till I read some threads about other lunes

Blog Entries

Seiko 007 lume

I took one of my 007's out of a hoarders box that has been stored away so no direct sunlight .
    I went into the garden I think it was the day of the solstice and it was hot ....came indoors noticed it was lit like Christmas. Small burst of light must of set the compound right off...

I'd say to the OP a good charge before bed should at least see it through til dawn. It may be rather weak at dawn but visible. It may be purely down to the application at time of assembly maybe attributing to some having thickerly applied lume - bloody robots !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 25th June 2017 at 12:00.

I see, it's pretty normal then. As suggested by some a little charge before the night wouldn't hurt maybe. 😉

Craftsman
    The brighness of Seiko formula lume is on a par with the greeny C3, which is pretty top notch vs white C1. Once my eyes have adjusted, I can see it on waking up in the dark in the morning. It's better than on my Speedmaster anyway.

Master
    Seiko lume is far brighter than my recently sold Aqua Terra quartz, and a fair bit brighter than my Colt Ocean quartz.
    If I hold a modern Seiko to a light bulb for 30 seconds before bed, I have to put my hand under the pillow, it literally lights up the area around it! This fades through the night, but as long as you don't have your night vision interrupted, it will be visible until the morning.